Satus' fan art

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

Awwwww Atom looks soooooo cute!!!!
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Thanks Gotta Love ASTRO BOY and AstroBoy03. :)

Since I haven't really been posting more polished drawings in this thread; my deviantART username is Saturatedwing, if you wish to see things I spend more time on. But there's no Astro Boy stuff in my dA gallery (... yet).

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

"Satus" wrote:Thanks, everyone. :D

Oh boy, two images in one day.
Tenma's words to Ochanomizu were piercing.

Can you share with us what he said? I've never seen a fan-dubbed version of this, so it's in Japanese (of which I know only a few words).

That is a wonderful drawing, Tenma looks so VULNERABLE, and humble, even. Like all he wants is for Ochanomizu is to help him bring his son to life. :cry:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Satus
Robot President

He is commenting that it's not much farther, if I recall. Then after Ochanomizu responds, Tenma adds "tano" which just adds extra emotional emphasize when it's added to the end of a sentence. So Ochanomizu says "I understand." I'd have to watch it again to remember properly.

And thank you. I really wanted to express the direness of his need to revive him.

And just so this post is relavant... Fan art of the 03 series' ending.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

"Satus" wrote:Thanks Gotta Love ASTRO BOY and AstroBoy03. :)

Since I haven't really been posting more polished drawings in this thread; my deviantART username is Saturatedwing, if you wish to see things I spend more time on. But there's no Astro Boy stuff in my dA gallery (... yet).

Can you give a link please?

Satus
Robot President

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Thank you Sat

Satus
Robot President

Ah, sorry AprilSeven, I was way off with that recall. He says: "Mou shikou shinan da... tano" ("It is most difficult to wait for someone"). With lots and lots of emphasis. Both mou and tano add emphasis to what he is saying. So, he's pretty torn in this scene. Ochanomizu says "wakatta"("I understand" in past tense).

For the sake of being relavant again, aaaah. Line version of previous drawing.
Last edited by Satus on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Poor Tenma! :cry: He's such a wonderfully complex character, isn't he?

And Dr. O is an angel (I wonder what his name means. I understand it's actually a common surname in Japan? Like "Smith" in America)

Re: the drawing . . . one thing I see over and over in ALL incarnations of Astro Boy - his scale keeps shifting! Especially in the 2009 movie - when Toby visits the ministry, he is literally half the height of Tenma, and an officer picks him up by the ankle (like a toddler). That just doesn't make sense.

If 9-year-old Tobio/Astro is 4'6" then 13-year-old Toby/Astro should be a LITTLE taller . . . and that would put Tenma, Stone and the soldiers at over 10 feet tall. So - back to the drawing . . . I think maybe what you are seeing that you might not be satisfied with could be the scale of Astro to Tenma? I'm sure that's how he was drawn in the anime and/or manga, but there is a lack of consistency with his scale, which does bother me sometimes! :d oh:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Satus
Robot President

Oh he is. Tenma is my favourite character, but I never showed it so I've been trying to draw him a lot more.

Ocha (tea) no (posession particle), mizu (water). Doctor Tea water. :P And because I'm so Tenma obsessed, his name is Pegasus, or heaven horse. His first name also means horse.

Yes, I noticed that too. I tend to like to draw children really short though, to emphasize they aren't teenagers since I draw them kinda short as well. But I wondered if I should have made him taller after it was pointed out.

Hmm, the height in this picture though, I don't think it would bother me because I love really tall person next to really little person pictures. Although maybe the varying heights are confusing me? Aaah, I don't really know.
Last edited by Satus on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo.

Return to “Fan Creations”