Beautiful Japanese Astro Fanart

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:It would work quite well in our Tenma/Ochanomizu roleplay, there is all the emotion in the world in that picture! :cry:

Awww.
I guess it would fit if there wasn't fire everywhere. :lol:
Problem solved: fire gone. Someone can create a more fitting background too if they'd like.

"Shiyonasan" wrote:You know, in the back of my mind I somehow knew that picture was by you, but my mind was telling me otherwise. The reason I hadn't seen that picture yet is because my computer refuses to load images sometimes, so I might not have seen it because of that.

Regardless, you did a great job on that picture and the other ones I saw on Pixiv! You are definitely recognizable by your unique style.

:blush: Well, thank you.

More on topic, I'm a little surprised the Tetsuwan Atom tag on Pixiv doesn't move faster. It seems like it'd be more popular.

I found this picture by Pixiv user Peipeixu. It's super cute.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:I fixed the images. Apparently, Pixiv doesn't like direct linking, so I used Tinypic instead. I added a few more pics from the same artist as well.

I also found this picture. I remember this picture being a certain someone's avatar not too long ago. ;)

No clue what you're talking about. :lol:

I have so much I could post it's completely crazy. I made a list of sites in a previous posts, so here are some pictures that are not in those sites. I admit some of them are Chinese, oops. Also, some of them you can click on:

Drawn by peipeixu1985 (on DeviantArt/peipeixu on Pixiv, he posts some images by his friend Blue Glacier as well)
Colored by Blue Glacier

I think I'll stop there. :p
I'm on Twitter.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:No clue what you're talking about. :lol:

Uh huh. Suuuure. :p

All kidding aside, you found some nice images there. I really like this one for some reason. Looks like it could come from a Super Nintendo game.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Shiyonasan" wrote:All kidding aside, you found some nice images there. I really like this one for some reason. Looks like it could come from a Super Nintendo game.

I gotta admit, that was just a small site button that I rotated and stretched. It was the only thing left of that fanart site. So many of them are gone... People who were around when the 2003 series was new were living in a golden era of Japanese fanart.
I'm on Twitter.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

WE NEED ANOTHER ANIME SERIES OR MOVIE TO KEEP THE ENERGY UP!! Thanks for posting these F-Man. I'm always amazed at what talented people there are out there!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Higeoyaji
Banned

Postby Higeoyaji » 12 years ago

@AprilSeven
You said it well sister!

@F-Man
These are all very well drawn. I've never seen these before and they are just simply amazing pieces of art. Fans never cease to amaze me. Thank you for posting them. :)

Satus
Robot President

Kind of important...

I'm sorry for bumping this thread. But I have a very good reason to, as it's about reposting Japanese fan arts.

On Tumblr, a user named Not-ayase recently has this passing around.

Just a heads up

There are several angry pixiv artists on twitter and 2ch that complain about people taking their art without permission, edit them, and sometimes put watermarks on them. Even if they get credit, they didn’t ask for permission. And I’m sure you wouldn’t want your art to be edited, because that gives a negative impression towards the original artwork(Or so some illustrators think)

There was one thread on 2ch that started a small movement to have Pixiv’s regulations, making it only accessible to people inside Asia, until the US site was opened.

Though there are very few people who do ask for permission, even if there’s a language barrier, the illustrators will try to communicate back to the person.

While ABO is not Tumblr, it very much could apply to this thread as well.

Since asking for an entire thread to be deleted is probably unreasonable, please at least delete my posts.
Last edited by Satus on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Satus" wrote:I'm sorry for bumping this thread. But I have a very good reason to, as it's about reposting Japanese fan arts.

On Tumblr, a user named Not-ayase recently has this passing around.

Just a heads up

There are several angry pixiv artists on twitter and 2ch that complain about people taking their art without permission, edit them, and sometimes put watermarks on them. Even if they get credit, they didn’t ask for permission. And I’m sure you wouldn’t want your art to be edited, because that gives a negative impression towards the original artwork(Or so some illustrators think)

There was one thread on 2ch that started a small movement to have Pixiv’s regulations, making it only accessible to people inside Asia, until the US site was opened.

Though there are very few people who do ask for permission, even if there’s a language barrier, the illustrators will try to communicate back to the person.

While ABO is not Tumblr, it very much could apply to this thread as well.

I had to reread this a few times, and also check that person's blog and their newer post about this, to fully understand they were only talking about artworks that were reposted after being edited. But otherwise, Pixiv actually encourages sharing, as long as you link to the original source. Editing pictures is indeed wrong and it's good that so far people here don't seem to be doing it.

Here's that person's newer post on the subject:

Taking their art and posting, as in “Right click, save, upload” has no harm at all, since the regulations of art on Pixiv explains art in a way that is meant to be expressed visually. (Besides, there’s a “Share on twitter, on fc2, etc” button right under the illustrations in all the artwork) and most preferably, it’d be nice if the uploader posts the artist source of the image. Though a big no no is taking the art, editing it in any way, (excluding “Cropping” ;) and posting them, since that requires specific permission. It’s actually illegal in Japan to do this, and more of a crime to even put water marks. Though these laws don’t apply overseas considering it’s only a minor case within the whole entire political economy of Japan. Japan’s laws on art is much much more complex that regulations within the states or anywhere else in the world, considering how most of the profit comes from Doujin-work, and there are /a lot/ of illustrators in Japan.

The fact is, Japanese illustrators on Pixiv or anywhere else do not like their art to be taken and edited, and put water marks without premission. Even if you asked them, I’m sure they won’t give permission, considering the fact that editing a picture kind of tells the illustrators that “I want to make this art better-looking”(As so they think). I’m sure you wouldn’t want your art to be taken, edited, and posted without permission, with someone standing in the spotlight of the artwork, despite the art has been credited, yet no permission was given.

Pixiv isn’t going to be restricted to overseas, this may be an issue, but there are only a few artists who have the courage to express their anger to the moderators, and the rest just vent and complain on twitter or 2ch.
Last edited by F-Man on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Satus
Robot President

"F-Man" wrote:I had to reread this a few times, and also check that person's blog and their newer post about this, to fully understand they were only talking about artworks that were reposted after being edited. But otherwise, Pixiv actually encourages sharing, as long as you link to the original source. Editing pictures is indeed wrong and it's good that so far people here don't seem to be doing it.

Here's that person's newer post on the subject:
(Omitted due to length)

Oh, I missed the later post (because thier actual blog crashes my browser). That does make the situation clearer.

Although there are a lot of pictures uncredited in this thread. There is also the existance of OFP.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

I just found a collection of pictures from an artist that I've been trying to find for a while so I just have to post them. I found them here but that blog's owner is probably not the original artist.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Fan Creations”