My Astro Boy Doujinshi

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
adrian _68
Robot President

Postby adrian _68 » 19 years ago

This is the first six pages of my Doujinshi. I have no plans of inking it. This is the best I can edit it. If you like my work tell me and if you don't like it, I will stop my doujinshi here. I will try to post the next pages, maybe next week. Enjoy!

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 19 years ago

Very nice. Let's walk though my review of it? ^_^

I really like how you had the same character proportion (not varying in characters being too big, small, different drawing style) through out the comic, the speech bubbles seem to be "planned before" drawing the panels (except for page two; you drew the picture but "forgot" that you needed a speech bubble), and all the characters look so young and cute (you really want to adopt them! ;) .

On the negative side... You changed the text style three times (usually anything in italics seem that the character is sounding sly, smooth talking, or something ;^^), the text is also too small at times (page 3 + 4; I totally skipped reading those panels), and even though the characters look young and cute, they don't follow the official character designs (some people get turned off if comic artists stray too far from the originals (year 2000 designs in this instance)).

Things that I want to note is that it looks like you used only soft and hard pencils. That's why it is so "dirty" looking. Try using pencils as only for rough drafts and using ink pins as finals. Be careful! Don't touch the ink while inking! That's worse than pencil smearing!

Over all, great job! I am glad you had the courage to even draw the comic. I will be looking forward to reading more from you (unless it's hentai or yaoi, then bye-bye ;^^). B)

adrian _68
Robot President

Sorry if i made the comics in pencil. I don't know how to ink yet. I will be derived from shadings if use ink.

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLJade » 19 years ago

Where is it?

Lauren

adrian _68
Robot President

The post is modified again.
you can check it out now.

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLJade » 19 years ago

You chibified Atlas? ............CUTE!!!!! *Hugs Chibi Atlas tightly* Can I have him? Can I, can I, can I? Please? *gives you puppy dog expression* He's just so darn cute! Oh, btw, love how the dj is coming along! Maybe when you're done with that one, you could do one of Atlas and my version of Livian?

Lauren

Spirit
Kokoro Robot

Postby Spirit » 19 years ago

WOW!! Your really did a awesome job! The story is very good so far! :D

I love the way your drew altas he so cute ^^ and astro outfit is so adorable ! :wub:

You captured there expression very well!! I can't wait to see more! :D

Hey do you have paintshop pro7? If ya did you could out line them(like inking but with no messes) with that prgram plus there a toning option in the brushes ^^ its really good.

Btw i'll post up my doujinshi so you can see how it is so far later this week! okay!!

And keep up the awesome job on your doujinshi :wub:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 19 years ago

Cool! Atlas kinda looks like a girl but that's okay.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

:wahah: That's a fantastic manga work, adrian_68!
God, I wish I'd have your talents.

As for the inking: I wouldn't colour it either. It's much better in b/w and in different shades of gray, in fact that's what adds mood and vividness to it. Most mangas are in b/w anyway.
It's the same with the movies. B/w films are still more impressive than the coloured ones, just look at A. Hitchcock early works.

Good story too! :)
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

adrian _68
Robot President

Originally posted by LLJade@Sep 1 2004, 10:24 PM
You chibified Atlas? ............CUTE!!!!! *Hugs Chibi Atlas tightly* Can I have him? Can I, can I, can I? Please? *gives you puppy dog expression* He's just so darn cute! Oh, btw, love how the dj is coming along! Maybe when you're done with that one, you could do one of Atlas and my version of Livian?

Lauren

What's your Version of Livian?

Return to “Fan Creations”