Astroboy fanart

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 19 years ago

In early 2002, I found this poster stuck on a local CentreLink building in Adelaide:

I have just found this picture on Anapan's ftp server:

Obviously, the poster was made from the second colour picture, but colour picture appears to be a thumbnail. Does anyone know where I can find the full-sized colour version?

Off-topic edit: We just had a cold front move through. It's the first time I've ever seen the sun shining during a hail storm. :wacko:

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find the full-sized colour version?

I just found this while I went through an Astroboy Google session:

Unfortunately it's all written in french :( , but I'm sure Fafner will translate it for you.
(If he likes to, of course ;) )
Apparently the artist's name is Steve Skroce.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Damn... I had forgotten I had unlogged before the translation :(
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 19 years ago

Thanks! B)

Colosso was basically Frankenstein in the 60s series, and he stole Astro's parents (although it was Atlas who stole Astro's parents in the 80s series).

Sympa could probably be translated as Pathos, meaning "the power of invoking tender emotions". But it's an oldish word and there really isn't a modern day equivalent. We have derived from it the adjective Pathetic, which now means means "distressingly inadequate".
Sympathetic is good enough, implying a sharing of emotion.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by DrFrag+Feb 13 2005, 02:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrFrag @ Feb 13 2005, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Sympa could probably be translated as Pathos, meaning "the power of invoking tender emotions".[/b]

According to http://www.dictionary.com , "pathos" is nearer to "compassion" than "sympathetic". At least, that's how I feel it :unsure:
<!--QuoteBegin--DrFrag
@Feb 13 2005, 02:15 PM
Sympathetic is good enough, implying a sharing of emotion.[/quote]"Sympa" has a nuance with conviviality that miss "sympathique" and its exact synonymous "sympathetic".
Well... as you said, it is good enough even it it doesn't exactly fit the context ;)
Shall we create a new topic "French language" next to "Nihongo language" ? :P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Fan Creations”