Astro Boy 2: The Sequel

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

we don't know who created the Blue Knight, though so, how do we know whether not he was or was not sane?
Unyongnekasayo

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Shadow created the Blue Knight :) .

Oh, I meant in my previous post the person who created Shadow (Temna).

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:@Android10
Oh no no I don't mean a bad villain just someone stirring up a war ^_^

@Dr. Jerk, yeah I saw it on the Astro Boy blog. I'm sort of excited but not completely...I feel ashamed not liking the Pluto manga much >.< even though the story kick butt awesome.

There's also an Astro Boy blog?...

Hm. I've heard good things about the Pluto manga and have considered getting it. But I'm a bit skeptical of the movie. I just hope it's more faithful and accurate to the Pluto manga.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

I agree

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:[QUOTE=Alittleacorn;107252]@Android10
Oh no no I don't mean a bad villain just someone stirring up a war ^_^

@Dr. Jerk, yeah I saw it on the Astro Boy blog. I'm sort of excited but not completely...I feel ashamed not liking the Pluto manga much >.< even though the story kick butt awesome.

There's also an Astro Boy blog?...
[/QUOTE]
http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/ Astro Boy blog ;)

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Wow, they acquired the rights VERY recently...

Anyhow, thank you for the link to the blog. I'm glad to have found something where I can get active news on Astro Boy.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Also, you have to pay money to acquire rights, and if you don't make a profit (like a movie) then you don't get anything beneficial. So they must want to do something with it.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"Androids101" wrote:Thanks :)

Also, you have to pay money to acquire rights, and if you don't make a profit (like a movie) then you don't get anything beneficial. So they must want to do something with it.

While yes this is normally true, many companies purchase licenses to things and never use them.

There's an intention for a movie, but we don't know if it will exist or not.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

If they did make another movie besides the PLUTO story, Uran simply would not fit, neither would many other characters. As much as some here love the '09 movie, its making Tenma reconcile with Atom, in my thinking, anyway, simply eliminates the plot as we had known it up until '09. Tenma never realized that though Atom was not Tobio, he had qualities of his own, until Atom already had a family.

Thus, unless Tenma wanted a robot daughter, why create U? He would be a bit weird if he did that, rather than marry again. On the other hand, it might be tough to find a woman willing to marry a man with a robot for a son. :p Anyway, plot elements could not remain as they were in '09. :astro:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

What Jeffbert said is right, and is also probably the primary reason why I don't think a sequel will be made. Not like I would really want one to be made anyway...

But then again, this is America (Or Hong Kong I should say...), so if they wanted to make a sequel, I'm sure their cauldrons would brew up something no matter how senseless it might be.

Uran would be hard to fit, yes. There is however something about her that that just helps to give that Astro Boy feeling. I guess that's probably because she's one of the main cast in most of the series though.

Return to “Fan Creations”