Astro Boy 2: The Sequel

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:
But I'd also like to see the story "The Greatest Robot Ever Made" incorporated into a sequel. It's a great story with lots of action.

But I must agree that an Astro Boy sequel is sadly unlikely...

Fear not, Dragon!! See the link below...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2010-10-21/illumination-universal-pluto-big-screen

Looks like you get the "Greatest Robot" in a "sequel" of sorts. Astro (or maybe they will actually call him Atom in this film?) will most likely be played by a real child.

Could be very cool in a different kind of way!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

The Pluto film, either i'll hate it or love it. I don't know right now lol XD

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Doesn't it really need to be live action? I mean really, now I'm starting to hate the idea of the pluto movie.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"GhostATR" wrote:Doesn't it really need to be live action? I mean really, now I'm starting to hate the idea of the pluto movie.

You remind me of a bunch of gaming communities who judge things, before we even know anything about it.

We don't know if it will be action'y, we don't know how accurate it is, we don't even know if they're even going to make this. We don't know a thing.

I really don't like it when people are judgmental towards things when we have so little information on.

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:[QUOTE=GhostATR;107727]Doesn't it really need to be live action? I mean really, now I'm starting to hate the idea of the pluto movie.

You remind me of a bunch of gaming communities who judge things, before we even know anything about it.

We don't know if it will be action'y, we don't know how accurate it is, we don't even know if they're even going to make this. We don't know a thing.

I really don't like it when people are judgmental towards things when we have so little information on.[/QUOTE]

I guess that makes sense but I'm very skeptical about this right now. I could be wrong and this movie might be good but I'm just really not sure. I'm just not sure if that's really a good idea, that's all.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

You literally need to forget about DBE, as the way I see it, it's clouding your vision. Yes America makes occasional bad movies (The Astro Boy film was made by a company from Hong Kong actually), but not all their films were bad.

I mean, seriously.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:In any Astro Boy sequel, I would want to see more of Cora and the gang. They're pretty great characters. And I'd like to see how Astro is adapting to civilian life. A lot of comedy/pathos could be derived from that. And I realize I'm in the minority about this, but I really don't want to see Uran or Cobalt in a sequel. I'd prefer that Astro be a singular creation. It adds to his angst. :D But I'd also like to see the story "The Greatest Robot Ever Made" incorporated into a sequel. It's a great story with lots of action. But I must agree that an Astro Boy sequel is sadly unlikely...
In "The Greatest Robot Ever Made" Uran was involved in the story. Zoran was even more involved in the '03 series in a similar episode which was episode 13 "Rise of Pluto". So Zoran would be kind of a big part of a sequel, and it might add a little more fighting since Astro would want to protect her.

I can agree that you might not need Cobalt, I mean, after all that character was ditched in the '80s and '03 series, but you would need Zoran/Uran.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Like I said, Zoran/Uran must appear in the sequel for it to work.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

I know, but I just felt like explaining it myself to Laughing Dragon.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 13 years ago

I would submit myself to be astro's friend/lover/crush/gf that would be my role!

Return to “Fan Creations”