Astro Boy 2: The Sequel

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 12 years ago

I agree, I think it would be interesting to see a tv series as a sequel to the movie. Astro Boy would get a lot more views and a whole lot more fans if something like that were to be put on a network like Nick, but unfortunately something like that is likely not going to happen.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

"Bigdog" wrote:I prefer there be a CG TV series as a sequel on Nick because I would love to see more of Cora and the original characters as they interact with Tezuka's.

"Astro Boy2866" wrote:I agree, I think it would be interesting to see a tv series as a sequel to the movie. Astro Boy would get a lot more views and a whole lot more fans if something like that were to be put on a network like Nick, but unfortunately something like that is likely not going to happen.

I prefer that to Astro Boy 2, honestly. The question is either they make that, a CGI series with Cora and original characters interact or a re-make of sorts to the original (kind of like the '03 series, making it more modern) without all the deaths/violent bits being cut out or removed. ****... Anyway, I don't mind the style of the '03 series or its characters, even an extension of that would appeal to me (50 episodes is too short). And yes it should be broadcast on a popular anime/cartoon network to attract more views. Maybe then Astro Boy would finally be as popular as he deserves to be.

I do not know wether Japan has a ratings system with 'G' or 'PG', and wether a show with limited violence and stuff like Astro Boy would be rated 'PG'. I mean, a show like The Simpsons with sexual references, drug references and the like are still rated 'PG' and yes, children still watch it regardless of the Parents Television Council or some other stupid organisation totally overreacting. I'm lucky enough to have parents who don't really care about what the ratings are or all that nonsense. Parents in the USA.

And sometimes, as discussed before, wether Western Children would prefer a show with people fighting, toilet humour or a show actually about something like Astro Boy. That could also affect the popularity, and, as a post before pointed out, the reason why the '03 series was re-ordered, so that the episodes with a higher amount of action come first.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

I think a series would be much better than a movie, which like a "one shot" effort, with so much riding on it.

I wish upon wish that Disney would open their myopic eyes and create a Tezuka network. All it needs is a coordinated effort, and the results could be phenomenal. Make it available over the net or via cable companies. God knows Tezuka has enough material to fill a network. All we need are translators for subtitles.

If I hit the lottery someday I will initiate the effort to do it!! Now where that's lottery ticket! XD
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Fan Creations”