Picture of Atom as he plays the role of ambassador!

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Picture of Atom as he plays the role of ambassador!

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

For the longest time I have wanted to post this picture of Astro Boy taken from the Dark Horse "Ambassador Atom" episode. My brother who is a professional comic book artist drew and colored it for me as a birthday gift. It is done in the style of Tezuka. I think it's really cool! I hope you guys like.

I :heart: :astro: :)
Attachments
Mighty Atom (aka Astro Boy).jpg
Mighty Atom (aka Astro Boy).jpg (31.54 KiB) Viewed 1807 times

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

ohhh he's adorable!! And also beautifully drawn. What a wonderful gift - thanks for sharing him, Astrobuddy.

I LIKE Astro in a cape - very dashing!

:astro: :wub:

okay - i can't resist - has/is your brother worked/working on any comics we'd know? I once knew someone who was a cartoonist and caricaturist -it was fascinating to watch him work (amazingly fast, as I imagine Tezuka was). It seems like it would be "easy" to do, but it's INCREDIBLY difficult!
Last edited by AprilSeven on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:ohhh he's adorable!! And also beautifully drawn. What a wonderful gift - thanks for sharing him, Astrobuddy.

I LIKE Astro in a cape - very dashing!

:astro: :wub:

okay - i can't resist - has/is your brother worked/working on any comics we'd know? I once knew someone who was a cartoonist and caricaturist -it was fascinating to watch him work (amazingly fast, as I imagine Tezuka was). It seems like it would be "easy" to do, but it's INCREDIBLY difficult!

Thank you, AprilSeven! Astro Boy does look cool with that cape, doesn't he? Sorry, I don't think you would know any of my brother's work! (If I get time I could probably PM you a list when I have some time, but he does mostly inks for a few small press independents.)

I :heart: :astro: :)
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 12 years ago

That looks fantastic!

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

Awesome! Tell your brother that I said he is awesome because he drew Astro :p
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

Wow, and I thought Astro would look weird in a cape. I guess I pictured him too much in a short cape like Jetter Mars. Or maybe I just thought capes wouldn't look good on someone without a shirt.

I really do like that drawing and I'm surprised on how good he looks in a cape. I never thought I would say something like this about a picture of Astro Boy. But I think he looks really cute.

Thanks for sharing.

EDIT:

@April,

I think for Tezuka drawing him wasn't exactly difficult, at least for him anyway. Reason why I say this is because it's his creation and he was the original artist. Most artists try to create their own stuff, and be themselves. I'm not claiming to know everything; but I would imagine that trying to emulate someone else's art style would be more difficult then creating something entirely of your own.
Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Fan Creations”