Untitled Astro Boy One-shot Project

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Untitled Astro Boy One-shot Project

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

I think I already established that I like Dr. Tenma, and as a result, I've been trying to figure out his backstory in teh 03 series aside from what we see. I pretty have an entire outline for what could potentially be the story of the oneshot, but I'd liek to run it by you guys.

Essentially, I'd like to get your feedback; tell me what you think works, what doesn't work, and what needs improvement.

So, without further ado, here is the first half of my untitled One-shot outline for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

Tenma Back story One-shot Story Points List

.Umatarou is about ten years old, walking back alone to his house out in the peaceful, wide-open farm lands of the country side. He is in deep thought, deciding on what he should do for a new class assignment involving robotics. At this point, he is deeply interested in robots, but it hasn't grown into obsession as of yet.

.On his way home, he's hit in the head with a soccer ball by some nearby classmates, who ask him if he wants to join them in a game or two. Being shy, Umatarou declines their offer, much to their chagrin. As he's walking away however, he overhears his classmates talking about him, mocking his reclusive nature and his name even as they laugh. Angered, Umatarou calls them ingrates in his own mind as he wonders off back down the same path.

.Soon after, he walks up the path to a small, cozy little house. Here, he is greeted by his childhood dog Charcoal. After coming in, he greets his mother, and then greets his father. They chat for awhile before Umatarou asks if him and his dad are still on for the Rocket Ball tournament in Metro City that Sunday, only to feel upset when his dad explains to him that he has some important business to attend to and that it will have to wait. Before going up to his room, his dad reminds him to practice his piano scales, which he states he'll remember to do.

.Later that night, Umatarou is in his room, practising piano. Still though, he feels lonely; the snide comments from his classmates angering him ever so. It's then though that he gets an idea; what if he could make a robot that would be his friend? After obsessively labouring over the project for a few days (much to his parents concern), he finally completes the project; the Micro Bear. As he tests it, he feels happy, feeling as though he's finally found someone who will listen to him.

.A few days later at school, the same classmates from earlier are in awe; surprised at how life-like and fun the Micro Bear is. They ask Umatarou if he could bring the Micro Bear with him to play Rocket Ball, but he questions their behaviour from a few days ago. They shrug it off and say its all in the past, angering Umatarou as he explains that he'll just go home. They try to reason with him, but he brushes them off by saying that they wouldn't even understand his creation.

.About a month or so after the assignment, Umatarou's father is talking to him in the kitchen. At this point, both his parents are concerned for his social well-being, and his father tries to argue that he should try to find some friends instead of hanging with that little toy. Umatarou tries to ague that Micro Bear's his friend even if it's just programmed, and the two begin to argue over this. This eventually leads to Umatarou revealing that he has no intention to take over the family farm once he grows older, or that he wishes to make friends with anyone he knows in town. This angers his father, as he questions if he even loves his own parents. Umatarou is shocked by this, stating that he does, but his father tells him he'd better learn to respect their feelings if he does. As he leaves, Umatarou just sits there, stunned and uncertain of what to say or do.

.The next day, Umatarou is walking home from school, thinking over the words he wants to express when apologizing to his father. Suddenly though, he is greeted by a panicky Charcoal. Knowing that something is up, he lets his dog lead him to what he's seen, only to be shocked at what he finds; his father, lying on the ground, dying of a heart attack. He tries to help his dad, but to no avail, leaving him to sob over his father's corpse as his mother comes to see what's wrong.

.At the funeral, a sad Umatarou apologizes to his father, deciding that he will fulfill his father's wishes for him as the casket his being lowered into the ground.

.About twelve years have passed, Umatarou is now twenty-two, and is packing to go off to college in Metro City. We see in his room the scrapped remains of robotic parts he's been working on for years, showing that he wasn't able to keep his promise to his father. His mother comes into his room, asking him if he's almost finished packing, to which he replies with yes. Shortly after, they embrace in a tight hug as she tells him that she's proud of him, even if this isn't what his father wanted for him. Umatarou says that he knows this, but it's what he wants.

.Two months later, Umatarou is currently walking back to his dorm room, lost in thought. Though he's interrupted by a familiar voice, a voice he turns to see belongs to his neurology classmates Hoshie. At this point, Umatarou finds her pretty, but hasn't really spoken much to her outside of the few times she has spoken to him. She tries to talk with him, but he explains that he doesn't have much else to do that night. She then asks him if he'd like to go out for a drink, but he politely turns her down. She then observes that he's rather shy, calling him “Tarou-chan” as she does. This embarrasses him, telling her that he doesn't prefer that nickname. She then reminds him that he doesn't like being called by his real name, causing him to blush in touching embarrassment as he leaves to go to his dorm room.

.About one month later, Umatarou is in his dorm room on a Friday night, busy tinkering with his latest side project. Suddenly, he hears a knock at the door. Curious, he tells the person to come in, only to feel stunned and surprised to see that it is Hoshie. Before he can say anything, she greets him as she places a small cup of coffee on top of his desk, prompting him to thank her. She hen reminds him of the big frat party happening tonight, though explains that he doesn't really care much for partying. She asks him why as they begin to talk. Though ultimately, she concludes that he just likes robots better than people. Embarrassed, he tries to cover this up, but she simply laughs at his attempts to cover it up, prompting him to blush ever slightly.

.One night, Umatarou awakens to find himself in his desk chair early into the morning. Although surprised, he figures he must of fallen asleep after working late into the night and decides to resume sleeping in his bed, that is until he sees Hoshie lying in it. She looks peaceful while she sleeps, but that's enough to further his suspicions as he wakes her up. Upon waking up, Hoshie begins to speak, only to be stopped by Umatarou, asking her why she's in his room. Embarrassed, she explains that she was worried about him when she saw him fast asleep in his chair, prompting her to wait in his bedroom. After explaining herself, she says she must get going, but he declines that she leave. After all, her dorm room is halfway across the campus, and it is one in the morning. Slightly flattered, she asks him why he would care. Though he tries to deny it, his feelings become clear, prompting her to tease him a little bit before planting her lips onto his. Though surprised, Umatarou finds he quite likes this feeling, even as she explains that he doesn't need to say anything.

Please feel free to tell me your thoughts, and let me know if I need to either add or improve certain scenes. Thank you.

Return to “Fan Creations”