Have you ever thought of how astro life is

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
racoonangel
Robot President

Have you ever thought of how astro life is

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

Well i would consider it somewhat hard he is always on missions helping others when does he ever get time for himself. Sometimes his only time is when he is in bed resting after repairs.
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 11 years ago

Hypothesis: It would suck, because he works all the time. :shifty:

Wait, so do I... :unsure:

But wait, I also get paid for working, and he doesn't. :o hmy:

Conclusion: My hypothesis was correct, it would suck. :shifty:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

I love it, Novi! :lol:

Watching the 1980 series, at least, sometimes I'm surprised at the amount of free time he actually attempts to enjoy - going to school, on vacation with his family to ski, going to the movies, going on vacation with Uran... Of course, poor Astro can never really enjoy himself, because no matter where he is or what he does, he always finds himself facing a danger or another. :p

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HI- HUGS HE CARES ONE REASON I LOVE THIS FORUM- THE PEOPLE HERE LIKE RACOONANGEL, NOVACAIN, ASTRO FOREVER,CHRIS,JEFFBERT ,BLUECORE,DANNAVY85,APRIL SEVEN AND SO MANY OTHERS CARE- PRAY EVERYONE ETERNAL SALVATION AND SAFETY ALWAYS

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

He does enjoy happiness, if he fights is because he dont wish his happiness or the happiness of others being ruined.

Perhaps, we could even focus in non action stories which he don't fight at times.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HI- SORRY I FORGOT TO MENTION YOU TOSHIO- PRAY YOU ALSO ETERNAL LIFE AND SAFETY ALWAYS- people like you TOSHIO are why I am glad I come here!

Toshio
Banned

We could think about stories which Atom goes helping people without violence (not needing to fight) and learn about the wonders of the world.

Perhaps, he could even visit hospitals and meet people who are sick or those who still like living even in a crippled condiction.

I've had a talk with my father about how is painful when people loses limbs like arms or legs, then he said that there was the case of a man who lost his arm and was depressed about it to the point he wished to die.

Then, one day he had meet a man who was completely crippled and that man tould him to grow up and accept his loss, after all even a crippled person was able to live happily even in such state.

So, I believe that would be nice a story which Atom reflect about this and perhaps he could even teach people how to accept their physical limitations and live happily.

That's a way which Atom could help people without having to fight, but anyway we've seem him helping a lot of people according to what he learned from others.

And Atom's looks doesn't matter, what matters is how he is deep inside: a gentle and noble robot boy who help others and allow children to dream.

No need to fashion upgrades and alikes for him, that's what make him awesome is how he is noble, righteous and compassionate about others.

Guess he is proud of having the life which he has.
So, I don't think his life "sucks" and probably never will.

I recall of a episode from the 80s which he mention that it don't matter if he can't dream, what is important for him is the fact he can allow people to dream.
And that's his joy of life, so I believe that regardless of the odds which he face, he have an amazing existence.

There are people who think that just making Atom get in dangerous situations is cool, but it doesn't mean that non fighting/action based stories would be bad, right?

Atom regardless of his appearance is a box filled with surprises, there are people who look down at him for what he look like and it's fun seeing their faces when he shows that he is much more reliable than appears.

I never saw a hero which could be that surprising as he is, I can't count the PowerPuff Girls, due the most comical and even anti-hero type of stories they have at times.
Last edited by Toshio on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

Astro sometimes looks depressed or upset in episodes, sometimes he worries alot so it effects his own life, always on the job but he has a great personnality and accepts his life and himself,
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Toshio
Banned

That's what I he thinks, perhaps we could think about stories which he have time for himself rather than being 'married with the job'.

The fact he allow others to dream is amazing and he can keep teaching things about life related to what he learned.

After all, he don't need to become tough guy like Kenshiro who blow up his enemies everyday literally.

I personally think he would be no longer the box filled of surprises if it happened and he would be a character which anyone could expect of him due that tough appearance.

His life may be considered tragic to some people, but it's not just about tragedies which his stories are.

For example, he even made a friend leave behind a robot which was using him and pretending to be his 'best friend'.

Friends are not the people who just say things which make us feel better, they're able to disagree and show when we are wrong.

And Atom passed that knowedge.
Last edited by Toshio on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

I've always enjoyed Dannavy's fanfics because I feel he does an incredible job of presenting Astro in his "down time" - as well as being more "playful" and funny around his friends.

So often the manga and anime focus on the story at hand, you don't really see the "rest" of his lfe as much as would be enjoyable.

I've always felt he is amazingly patient and ready to fly into action, but thoroughly enjoys his lfe in between each "job."

He is also shown repeatedly as being reflective of his own situation, and has asked directly to be able to experience things he feels he's missing out on. In each case (such as wanting what it is to feel fear) he returns to where he was before the change was made, having made peace with himself for who he is.

Great topic, raccoonangel! :D
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Fan Creations”