Astro Boy Gag Dub Video

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

I loved the sound effects and dead pan humor! Very good editing job too, I couldn't detect where you made your edit breaks to leave out scenes.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

I couldn't sit through it; I have this thing about dubbing quality... sorry...

I DID enjoy the part brought up earlier, though. "Sure, why not?" I may try again at some point. Dubbing quality is one of my sticklers. (Which is part of the reason I enjoyed Astro Boy Abridged so much...)
lolwut

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

UPDATE

Postby MrsEclipse » 10 years ago

NEW EPISODE 7/10/13

Well, I put together another gag cut/dub from the 60s Astro Boy series. This one's a few minutes longer. I was writing the script for my take on 2003's "Destination Deimos," but I thought of some gags for the beginning of "Ditto" and ended up seeing that one through to the end. I can't think of any other 60s episodes I'd like to do, but I'm not averse to doing another one if you have a request or suggestion.

I picked a different voice for Mr. Pompous. The official explanation is that in the other universe, the key differences are 1) Astor Boynton III never died 2) Giant Metal Men Rule the Earth, and 3) Mr. Pompous got a deeper voice to impress the ladies.
"I am a robot; my only emotion is destroy" is a shout-out to my Felix the Cat gag videos, if it seems a little out of place. I also reference M*A*S*H, Brave New World, Adventure Time, The Simpsons... I may have gone a little crazy with outside references.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

It looks like they're being blocked in some countries by YouTube bots because they look like the episodes. If the link for either of my videos doesn't work for you, try these ones:

1- Astro Boy Fights Some Robots in a Parallel Universe
2- The Pants, the Prince, and the President.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Oh my goodness these videos make me laugh so much. I really hope that you continue making these in the future.

The Batman reference was golden.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

I need a microphone. D:
(btw I haven't actually watched these; I might when I get bored or something though)
lolwut

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

Lol, these are so awesome! Tenma wants a fathers day card. LOL.
I love the pants jokes!
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:I need a microphone. D:
(btw I haven't actually watched these; I might when I get bored or something though)

I don't mind if you don't ever want to watch the videos. Some things aren't for everyone, for one reason or another. :)

"Dante69" wrote:Lol, these are so awesome! Tenma wants a fathers day card. LOL.
I love the pants jokes!

:tenma: Just because one of your sons is dead and you sold the other one to the circus, that doesn't mean you're not a father anymore!

:astro: [no comment]

When Astro Boy 2009 came out, my father and I had a "difference of opinion" that strained our relationship regarding Astro Boy (this was back when I only respected the show/comic for its contribution to animation history and before I enjoyed watching it on its own merits.) I said anything that gets a flying speedo-wearing child to put on more clothes is a step in the right direction; he saw it as too drastic a visual change for such an iconic character.

Since then we've both loosened our opinions a bit; Dad thinks that, in the context of the movie, Astro Boy's design works just fine, and I don't see Astro Boy as "mostly naked in a skeevy way." Though I still poke fun at the idea.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

"MrsEclipse" wrote:When Astro Boy 2009 came out, my father and I had a "difference of opinion" that strained our relationship regarding Astro Boy (this was back when I only respected the show/comic for its contribution to animation history and before I enjoyed watching it on its own merits.) I said anything that gets a flying speedo-wearing child to put on more clothes is a step in the right direction; he saw it as too drastic a visual change for such an iconic character.

Since then we've both loosened our opinions a bit; Dad thinks that, in the context of the movie, Astro Boy's design works just fine, and I don't see Astro Boy as "mostly naked in a skeevy way." Though I still poke fun at the idea.

What's funny to me is that as a kid I never noticed that Astro was 'naked'. The first time that the though REALLY occurred to me was when Tezuka himself pointed it out though the dialog in the manga. That was just a few years ago, when I first found the DarkHorse books in the public library.

I guess that as a kid I took the character at face value the way he was presented to me.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

If only such a trait carried over to adulthood...
lolwut

Return to “Fan Creations”