(Video) When I Come Visit, My Creator Always Pretends to be Dead

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

(Video) When I Come Visit, My Creator Always Pretends to be Dead

Postby MrsEclipse » 10 years ago

When I Come Visit, My Creator Always Pretends to be Dead. What causes it to happen?
There's a lot of fake blood in this video. I mean, fake even in the context of the video, not fake just because it's a series of drawings. No actual gore, just silly pretend. Just in case you're squeamish.

Reference
For those of you unfamiliar, there's a really adorable Vocaloid song based on a Japanese meme (which is sung by a human band now, too, which I used.) Essentially, it's about a lonely housewife who spends all day thinking of ways to appear dead to surprise her husband.
The subtitles in this video are made up, though similar to the original song where appropriate.

I love thinking about all the different ways Tenma's life could go after the various Astro Boy series, and how he might try to get his life back together and attempt a better relationship with Astro Boy. In my imagination he never really succeeds, but it's fun to tell myself stories when I'm working or walking really far and this is one of my favorite themes. (When I'm not thinking about that book I have to have out by Christmas or die trying.)

This video is sort of post-2003, which only really matters in the third verse. Tenma's given up all pretense of having a normal relationship with Astro and just sort of does what makes sense to him. And Astro, being the sweet little kid he his, goes along with it.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of or written any great fanfictions or stuff about Astro and Tenma post-any series? I read "Growing Pains" about fifty times now, and I'm looking for anything with the same theme, of Astro and Tenma post-series.
Last edited by MrsEclipse on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

This was actually quite funny, and sweet in a weird sort of way.
I was expecting something as creepy as that video of Tenma dancing...
Also I was reading a fanfic about Tenma's past that was done by someone a while ago, like in 2010 I think. It is super long, and I had an anxiety attack for some reason before he went to college. I'm sure the beginning has something to do with Tenma and Astro's relationship later on, it looked really good. Still that one is more about Tenma though. I haven't read the whole thing yet so I don't know.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

What story is it?
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 10 years ago

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8274306/1/A-Cruel-Irony
I would have mentioned the name before but I keep forgetting how to spell it, by prettywitch(adkairlg) Idk.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Oh, man, I did read that one! I read the whole thing it right before everything in my life went horribly wrong temporarily, and I forgot about it. Thanks for bringing it up and reminding me :D I really enjoyed it. I'm-a put it on my Nook.

Return to “Fan Creations”