My Mary Sue/Gary Stu Test

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

No I don't mind at all!
I haven't really come up with a name yet and she's still a bit vague in some areas, but I can work with details later.

-She is rather small (about as big as an unsharpened pencil)
-She is from another dimension (in this universe there are multiple dimensions/ alternate universes).
-She attends fairy school, but she is often ridiculed for being rather clumsy and childish.
-She had no superpowers (besides flying like every other fairy), but when she uses a special stone a certain way she can transform into a "Great Fairy". The main differences are height (about the height of a two-story colonial house) and strength.
-She is a pretty good cook/baker.
-Her best friend is a human boy (he's actually the character I tested before) whom she came in contact with when she was accidentally transported to our dimension.
-She wears a poofy dress with shorts underneath.
That's about all for now. I made some sketches of her so I might upload those later... Maybe...
Last edited by Juanita on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: She has a poofy dress, not poofy shorts. Oops!

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 10 years ago

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:No I don't mind at all!
I haven't really come up with a name yet and she's still a bit vague in some areas, but I can work with details later.

-She is from another dimension (in this universe there are multiple dimensions/ alternate universes).
-She attends fairy school, but she is often ridiculed for being rather clumsy and childish.
-She had no superpowers (besides flying like every other fairy), but when she uses a special stone a certain way she can transform into a "Great Fairy". The main differences are height (about the height of a two-story colonial house) and strength.
-Her best friend is a human boy (he's actually the character I tested before) whom she came in contact with when she was accidentally transported to our dimension.
-She wears a dress with poofy shorts underneath (sort of similar to Ponyo).
That's about all for now. I made some sketches of her so I might upload those later... Maybe...

Awh she sounds so cute and cool too ;W;
Well I would like to see the sketches if you do >w<.
And just to stay on subject a bit, she doesn't seem Mary-sue at all ;u;

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

She sounds so cute :3 For some reason the scenario reminds me of a Miyazaki film. :lol:

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Thanks!
For some reason the scenario reminds me of a Miyazaki film.

Well it is fantasy so maybe that has something to do with it. I'll take that as a compliment!

I'll probably make a colored version and upload it later. :3 And thank you! I try to give all of my characters some sort of fault to make them more relatable and realistic.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:

I'll probably make a colored version and upload it later. :3 And thank you! I try to give all of my characters some sort of fault to make them more relatable and realistic.

Okay then ;w; I'm excited to see what she looks like >w<. And same here xD. I always like my OCs more when they have faults, as well, like my little Teara ;u;.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

What's Teara like? (If you don't mind me asking of course)

Also, your banner is really cute! Did you just put it up?

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:What's Teara like? (If you don't mind me asking of course)

Also, your banner is really cute! Did you just put it up?

Well she is an average human but she can see ghosts and speak to them. IDK how to say this all in a short summary, because she is a very dynamic character :lol: . She is short with curly, short hair and has freckles. She is rather weak and childlike, but even then she isn't completely innocent, even though people think she is. She is at a fine line between sanity and insanity and sometimes just acts on impulse. :lol: I'm not sure what else to add without making this description go on forever xD. So here are some pics ImageImageImage

I did the test on her and she got intrepid entity ^u^. The only part I am iffy about is that most characters like her, but that is just because she is pretty light hearted and sweet xD. And that I honestly don't have any characters that would go against her, though I suppose I could make one O:.

And yes, thank you OuO It is of my character Izar, designed by Black_Rabbit ^U^.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

So cute! XD

BTW, have you guys ever heard of Nausicaa from Studio Ghibli's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? Some people say the she has some Mary Sue traits; some even insist that she IS one, what do you think they say that?

(I privately agree myself actually. The plot is amazing and the film is brilliant, and Nausicaa is a very well-developed character and cool heroine, but there's no doubt she has a few Mary Sue traits.)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Windswept Cloak
Banned

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:No I don't mind at all!

-She wears a poofy dress with shorts underneath.

Her best friend is a human boy? :)

Hey, that sounds like Arrietty from Studio Ghibli's film "Karigurashi no Arrietty". For those who don't know, Arrietty is a four-inch tall girl from a race of little people known as the "Borrowers". She befriends a human boy named Sho, but then she must move away with her family due that Sho's nasty housekeeper found their hideout in the house and wanted to catch 'em. :eek:
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Windswept Cloak
Banned

"Earthshine" wrote:She sounds so cute :3 For some reason the scenario reminds me of a Miyazaki film. :lol:

Same here

Return to “Fan Creations”