Art questions

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I try to avoid school erasers (the pink smelly ones) as I think they have an oil in them that smears soft lead and grinds them into the paper. A typical rubber eraser is something to avoid. I go to the art supply store and I get a specific type of eraser that's white and is by Sakura. It works well, doesn't streak and doesn't smell. I also like the gummy erasers that you can mold into bunnies :3 They work great at lightening pencil marks and are fun to play with.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

"Angel of the Stars" wrote:I just use a mechanical pencil! :D

Same here. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

I draw with pens a lot in school. It's helpful for being able to turn a mistake into something else instead of relying on erasing everything.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

I remember doing art projects with just pens, it was a creative tool that my teacher used to get his students into thinking creatively and turning mistakes into art. :D

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 10 years ago

I like to use a 2H for sketching is really light, for detail mechanical pencils 0.5mm are the best. Kneaded erasers are the best, they don't leave behind eraser bits.
If your inking Microns are the best, preferably 0.3mm and 0.5mm.
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

After looking through the "Let's draw Manga - Astro Boy" book that I got a few weeks ago, I tried my hand at some drawing today to create an image to go with the fan fiction story I'm posting on this forum.

I used heavy card stock paper (extra heavy weight letter size paper) that can stand up to LOTS of erasing without tearing(!). The erasers on the ends of pencils don't do a real good job, they leave a subtle dark cast remaining that shows up later when I scan the image to convert to PNGs or JPGs.
Anyway you can find my "Agent 'A' " drawing attached to the RIB thread, or on my DeviantArt page.

I have problems getting perspectives right, and I think I got Astro's head a bit TOO round (he almost looks like A.E. Newman!)

Anybody care to critique my first effort and give me any pointers?
Thanks!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 10 years ago

Gee, I've brought a book about 2 weeks ago called the complete guide to draw manga, it helped me a lot, my best tools to draw is I use erasers, pencil, 1st draw the picture, and I draw one those manga expensive pen,(black and grey) and draw it over the pencil, rub the pencil making using a eraser. Then start coloring with colouered felt and pencil tools. ...yeah
http://reid958.deviantart.com
Last edited by Reid958 on Sat May 17, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Fan Creations”