Astro is real, he does actually exist!

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I didn't say they weren't "deserving" - I merely pointed out that a site that is basically focused on Astro Boy is likely to have people who are primarily interested in that character.

Because of that, I am NOT surprised this thread has more response (notice, too that it is in an Astro Boy Discussion forum - all the more reason). And . . . we're also now off-topic! :blush:

Even though this thread is Astro Boy related, it is pretty much spam. Therefore, no meaningful discussion can be gotten out of this.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

Crazy Red, as a moderator, I am asking you to refrain from what is inflammatory comments.

We don't have to agree with each other. But respect for differing opinions is expected.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

So many replies in such a short time! :eek:
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

Postby GemTenma » 9 years ago

"Crazy_Red" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;227463]@ F-Man: I can't speak for anyone else, but I come to this site because of its focus on Astro Boy. That's not to say I don't care about Tezuka's other works - but even after all these years, I can't get enough of Astro. :astro: :heart:

Now. . . if that other thread was regarding streaming news about Astro Boy, I would be there in half-a-heartbeat! :D

For what it's worth . . . I don't really care for Jetter Mars info as much, either - even though he was a "fill-in" for :astro:

Ain't nothin' like the REAL THING for me!! :lol:

Just because you’re not interested in Dororo, Wonder 3 and Jetter Mars doesn’t mean that their threads should get less attention than this thread. Those three series are solid and their production histories are very interesting. It would be great if more people gave them a chance. Just ‘because they’re not Astro Boy doesn’t mean other Tezuka works don’t deserve attention; I can’t stress this enough.

Especially that Dororo and Wonder 3 are being officially subbed in English. I look forward to seeing these anime finding the audience they deserve.[/QUOTE]

I really don't think it's fair everybody ganging up on April like this.
Just shows maturity level.
Poor April has done nothing wrong.

Gem Tenma
Astro my love, soon I can hold you in my arms again :heart: :heart: :astro:

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

"Crazy_Red" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;227473]I didn't say they weren't "deserving" - I merely pointed out that a site that is basically focused on Astro Boy is likely to have people who are primarily interested in that character.

Because of that, I am NOT surprised this thread has more response (notice, too that it is in an Astro Boy Discussion forum - all the more reason). And . . . we're also now off-topic! :blush:

Even though this thread is Astro Boy related, it is pretty much spam. Therefore, no meaningful discussion can be gotten out of this.[/QUOTE]

I hate spam, I would never spam anything!

Gem Tenma

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

Let's get back on topic . . . I have another question for MrsAstroTenma:

What about Cobalt? Does he (did he) exist? This is a character whose origin story varies (in one account he's Astro's "older" brother - actually a prototype robot who didn't meet Dr. Tenma's expectations. Another account has him as a younger brother - built to fill in for Astro who was missing)

Thanks!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

"AprilSeven" wrote:Let's get back on topic . . . I have another question for MrsAstroTenma:

What about Cobalt? Does he (did he) exist? This is a character whose origin story varies (in one account he's Astro's "older" brother - actually a prototype robot who didn't meet Dr. Tenma's expectations. Another account has him as a younger brother - built to fill in for Astro who was missing)

Thanks!

I'm sorry to say that Cobalt isn't from my world. So either he was human created or he exists somewhere else.

Regards
Gem Tenma

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

"Crazy_Red" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;227463]@ F-Man: I can't speak for anyone else, but I come to this site because of its focus on Astro Boy. That's not to say I don't care about Tezuka's other works - but even after all these years, I can't get enough of Astro. :astro: :heart:

Now. . . if that other thread was regarding streaming news about Astro Boy, I would be there in half-a-heartbeat! :D

For what it's worth . . . I don't really care for Jetter Mars info as much, either - even though he was a "fill-in" for :astro:

Just because you’re not interested in Dororo, Wonder 3 and Jetter Mars doesn’t mean that their threads should get less attention than this thread. Those three series are solid and their production histories are very interesting. It would be great if more people gave them a chance. Just ‘because they’re not Astro Boy doesn’t mean other Tezuka works don’t deserve attention; I can’t stress this enough.

Especially that Dororo and Wonder 3 are being officially subbed in English. I look forward to seeing these anime finding the audience they deserve.[/QUOTE]

Not really intending to post anything into this thread anymore, but I want to say here that I like the two series, Dororo and Wonder 3 series, a lot. :) I can't seem to find that thread anywhere though, can anyone give me a link? Thank you.

"MrsAstroTenma" wrote:[QUOTE=Crazy_Red;227468][QUOTE=AprilSeven;227463]@ F-Man: I can't speak for anyone else, but I come to this site because of its focus on Astro Boy. That's not to say I don't care about Tezuka's other works - but even after all these years, I can't get enough of Astro. :astro: :heart:

Gem Tenma[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that April has done anything wrong either. I think that everyone is free to have their own opinion.

And I'm leaving now. Homework.
Last edited by Windswept Cloak on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

"Kuo-Yi" wrote:[QUOTE=Crazy_Red;227468][QUOTE=AprilSeven;227463]@ F-Man: I can't speak for anyone else, but I come to this site because of its focus on Astro Boy. That's not to say I don't care about Tezuka's other works - but even after all these years, I can't get enough of Astro. :astro: :heart:

Not really intending to post anything into this thread anymore, but I want to say here that I like the two series, Dororo and Wonder 3 series, a lot. :) I can't seem to find that thread anywhere though, can anyone give me a link? Thank you.

"MrsAstroTenma" wrote:[QUOTE=Crazy_Red;227468][QUOTE=AprilSeven;227463]@ F-Man: I can't speak for anyone else, but I come to this site because of its focus on Astro Boy. That's not to say I don't care about Tezuka's other works - but even after all these years, I can't get enough of Astro. :astro: :heart:

Gem Tenma[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that April has done anything wrong either. I think that everyone is free to have their own opinion.

And I'm leaving now. Homework.[/QUOTE]

God bless hun x
Last edited by Astro Forever on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

this has to be the most interesting thread I've come across on this forum. I know when I'm into a character enough, they feel real to me. I've had theories when a creator creates a character or a world for that character, it becomes real in some alternate dimension. That's why sometimes creators can't control their own characters

Return to “Fan Creations”