Astro is real, he does actually exist!

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 9 years ago

As far as the "experiment" goes, it was for another member to try so that "he" knew that he had a successful OBE. I'm sure he would know if he was "guessing" or not don't you think? He either saw the card to he didn't.
It was to prove it to himself only, not anyone else.

Maybe "guess" wasn't a good choice of words. When dealing with supernatural, I don't trust anyone, including myself. This is not distrust, only scientific approach; this is the way of the scientific method. Let's say I throw a coin and try to guess the side. I happen to guess it right. Am I gifted with psychic powers? I would say no one would be convinced because of the 1/2 odds. However, it is rather easy to test it further: I try to guess and throw another time, and another one, etc. If I guess correctly each time, then maybe I do have psychic powers. Otherwise, I will guess wrong rather quickly.

Now we go back to our OBE. If I have one, go to see the card, and when awake I check and the card I saw isn't the correct one, most probably I just dreamed. If on the other hand I got it right, then was it an OBE, or was I just lucky? This time I can't just say I will have another try. So far, I never had an OBE, and maybe if I'm lucky I will have only one in my life. In this case, I don't take chances, I would prefer putting several cards, so in a way I do several attempts in one.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

Well, whether you're telling the truth or not, I have to go on with my reality and such, so this will be my last post in this thread. Thank you for joining the forum. :)
Last edited by Windswept Cloak on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

The various government agencies have long studied the viability of what is called "remote viewing." The "official" outcome is that it can not be scientifically proven.

I completely understand the reasoning of people like Fafner. However, as a person who has experienced some of these things that are "unprovable" - such as seeing ghosts - I cannot deny what I've known to be very real.

Personally I don't think the government (or scientific community) would necessarily admit to the existence of things like OBE, telepathy, telekinesis, etc.

Besides "threatening" the stability of organized religions, governments, and other social structures, many people would certainly rush headlong into trying to experience the "paranormal" world for themselves and to their own benefit - and I don't think the outcome would be positive.

I am of the opinion that some of us are more sensitive, or naturally "gifted" in the ability to see/sense/experience things that cannot (at this point) be "proven" to exist. Not unlike some of us being "color-blind" - or some of us being tone-deaf, others with perfect pitch (which I happen to have), and most of us somewhere in between.

To my logical mind, it seems highly unlikely that Gem is actually Astro's wife. But to the part of my mind that is compelled to think outside the box, I consider the possibility that it could be true to be a delightful and intriguing thing. What would :tezuka: think, I wonder? :)

BTW Gem - we never got to learn from the 2009 movie whatever happened to Toby's mother. In the original manga, Hoshi Tenma divorced Umataro, and later died. Can you share what you know to be true?

Thanks!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

Postby GemTenma » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:The various government agencies have long studied the viability of what is called "remote viewing." The "official" outcome is that it can not be scientifically proven.

I completely understand the reasoning of people like Fafner. However, as a person who has experienced some of these things that are "unprovable" - such as seeing ghosts - I cannot deny what I've known to be very real.

Personally I don't think the government (or scientific community) would necessarily admit to the existence of things like OBE, telepathy, telekinesis, etc.

Besides "threatening" the stability of organized religions, governments, and other social structures, many people would certainly rush headlong into trying to experience the "paranormal" world for themselves and to their own benefit - and I don't think the outcome would be positive.

I am of the opinion that some of us are more sensitive, or naturally "gifted" in the ability to see/sense/experience things that cannot (at this point) be "proven" to exist. Not unlike some of us being "color-blind" - or some of us being tone-deaf, others with perfect pitch (which I happen to have), and most of us somewhere in between.

To my logical mind, it seems highly unlikely that Gem is actually Astro's wife. But to the part of my mind that is compelled to think outside the box, I consider the possibility that it could be true to be a delightful and intriguing thing. What would :tezuka: think, I wonder? :)

BTW Gem - we never got to learn from the 2009 movie whatever happened to Toby's mother. In the original manga, Hoshi Tenma divorced Umataro, and later died. Can you share what you know to be true?

Thanks!

Hi April,

You are quite correct with what you have said about the government, religion and so forth. The human mind is very opinionated, and very strong in its opinion too.
"Forcing" someone to believe anything is a complete waste of time. Hence why I am giving information rather than forcing down anyone's throat.
The only way anyone would believe in OBE's would be to experience it for themselves.
The word "paranormal" is just that...a word. Its name is in complete contrast to what mankind believes is "normal".
However, what mankind believe is normal, and what actually is normal will always be a raging war. My advice - pick a side, but don't fight for it. Fighting is above me, so I don't bother.
I will fight for survival and for the survival of my love and my family, nothing more.

You are human. To not have a "logical mind" would be completely unnatural for you. Therefore, I respect that your logical self believes it to be unlikely I am Astro's wife.
I have no intention to make you believe in something that you simply can't believe.
Tezuka was a very open minded soul, and he was indeed the first person on earth to communicate with our world, via our president. Unfortuately, communication was not very clear (similar to a bad phone line), I am not sure why. I have a strong feeling Tezuka would know who I am if I were able to speak with him.

In answer to your last question - Dr Tenma never actually had a son. Instead he created Astro as a son and his name was always Astro from the day he was created. Dr Tenma and his wife did indeed divorce. However her name was not Hoshi, it was Utina (pronounced: yoo-tina).
Untina did pass away sadly after contracting a virus that we now have a cure for.

Kind Regards

Gem Tenma
Last edited by GemTenma on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Typo, spelling
Astro my love, soon I can hold you in my arms again :heart: :heart: :astro:

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

By the way, i had no idea that the Astro series portrayed Utina as passing away. This is interesting. I don't believe that information was told to anyone. Very interesting indeed.

Regards.

Gem Tenma

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

This thread got 5 pages in 3 days, meanwhile last week's Dororo and Wonder 3 streaming news got zero reaction. I continue to wonder why I come to this site.
I'm on Twitter.

GemTenma
Metro City Citizen

"F-Man" wrote:This thread got 5 pages in 3 days, meanwhile last week's Dororo and Wonder 3 streaming news got zero reaction. I continue to wonder why I come to this site.

There is no need to be like that! Absolutely no need whatsoever!

Gem Tenma

AprilSeven
Silent Song

@ F-Man: I can't speak for anyone else, but I come to this site because of its focus on Astro Boy. That's not to say I don't care about Tezuka's other works - but even after all these years, I can't get enough of Astro. :astro: :heart:

Now. . . if that other thread was regarding streaming news about Astro Boy, I would be there in half-a-heartbeat! :D

For what it's worth . . . I don't really care for Jetter Mars info as much, either - even though he was a "fill-in" for :astro:

Ain't nothin' like the REAL THING for me!! :lol:
Last edited by AprilSeven on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:@ F-Man: I can't speak for anyone else, but I come to this site because of its focus on Astro Boy. That's not to say I don't care about Tezuka's other works - but even after all these years, I can't get enough of Astro. :astro: :heart:

Now. . . if that other thread was regarding streaming news about Astro Boy, I would be there in half-a-heartbeat! :D

For what it's worth . . . I don't really care for Jetter Mars info as much, either - even though he was a "fill-in" for :astro:

Ain't nothin' like the REAL THING for me!! :lol:

Just because you’re not interested in Dororo, Wonder 3 and Jetter Mars doesn’t mean that their threads should get less attention than this thread. Those three series are solid and their production histories are very interesting. It would be great if more people gave them a chance. Just ‘because they’re not Astro Boy doesn’t mean other Tezuka works don’t deserve attention; I can’t stress this enough.

Especially that Dororo and Wonder 3 are being officially subbed in English. I look forward to seeing these anime finding the audience they deserve.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

I didn't say they weren't "deserving" - I merely pointed out that a site that is basically focused on Astro Boy is likely to have people who are primarily interested in that character.

Because of that, I am NOT surprised this thread has more response (notice, too that it is in an Astro Boy Discussion forum - all the more reason). And . . . we're also now off-topic! :blush:

Return to “Fan Creations”