What's in the Dark?

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

Chapter 7,

At 3:40 am, the group now dared to move around and stepped out of their salt circles. Atom stayed laying on the couch, complaining he had a pounding headache. Daichi went over to the cabinet and took out pillow to put under Atom's head.

"What exactly does the headache feel like? Where is it?" he asked his kid brother when placing the pillow down. Atom adjusted his head down on the soft, plush pillow. "Feels like my brain suffered an earthquake," he mumbled. "And it's mainly my forehead that hurts."
Reno had a thoughtful look. "It must be what the Midnight Man did to him," he said. Kenichi and Tamao nodded. Shibugaki was busy eating sandwich he had made down in the kitchen, in which he had quickly come back upstairs out of fear. Atom closed his eyes with a rough sigh. "I feel kinda tired.. more than I should."

"Well, it IS almost 4 in the morning!" Shib said through a mouthful of sandwich. "We should go get our sleeping bags and stuff from downstairs and all go to Kenichi's room," Reno suggested. Atom immediately looked over at him. "U-um.. could someone stay up here with me..?"

Daichi pat Reno on the shoulder. "You stay up here with him. I'll get your stuff and his." Reno nodded and stood next to the sofa where Atom was resting, watching the others head out the doorway. He looked down at Atom, opening his mouth to say something, but Atom beat him to the punch.

"Reno.. If something.. If I start to.. act weird, um..."- Atom glanced away -"Ah, never mind.." Reno gave a quizzical huff. "No, continue. What were you getting to?" Atom kept his mouth shut and didn't even so much as glance back at Reno, even after everyone came back upstairs. Reno gave an annoyed sigh. What was Atom going to say? Had the evil not completely left him?

Kenichi, Shib, and Tamao went to Kenichi's room first while Daichi came back into the common room after putting their things in the bedroom. "Atom, can you move yet?" he asked. The young robot nodded. "Yes, I feel fine now," he lied. It took a painful amount of energy to sit up and stand up; he wobbled a bit on his feet from being dizzy.
Daichi quickly put a hand on his back and another on his chest to steady him. "Atom, you can barely stand! Let me carry you--" "No!" Atom snapped. "I don't need your help!"

Truth was Atom did need and wanted help, but also didn't want to seem weak. He did, however, allow Daichi to persuade him to hold onto his arm as they walked to Kenichi's room.

"Atom, you can sleep in my bed instead of on a sleeping-bag, seeing as your not doing well," Kenichi offered. Atom shook his head, trying to make his grip loosen on Daichi's arm. "No.. no thanks, Kenichi. I--- It's your bed."

Daichi gave a snort. "You're taking the bed! That's that!"

Before Atom could protest, Daichi practically had to force him onto the bed and pulled the covers over him. "Fall asleep as well as you can. Worse things happened to you today than any of us could ever imagine," Reno said quietly to Atom.

Rather annoyed and thinking he was being rude for taking Kenichi's bed, Atom didn't reply, but looked over at the window with a small glare to his expression.

(If anyone would like to, I could use some ideas of what should happen next or later on in the story~ ^-^) (After the more action-filled parts, I tend to.. lose focus on the story. ^^")

FunsizedCake
Kokoro Robot

Postby FunsizedCake » 9 years ago

I'm no good with ideas, but I'm assuming you have the main plot and ending figured out right? I usually just roll with it and fill in the spaces between main plot point scenes.

Details and small scenes don't have to be amazing, as long as you proceed with the plot then the overall story should be decent anyway!

Can't wait for more, I really want to see want to see what happens. I'm hoping maybe we can see something of Tobio since this involves him, that'd be neat. c:

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

(A/N: Warning, this chapter is gruesome. It does not go into detail, but do not read if you do not like reading about blood, torn up creatures, etc.)

Chapter 8,

Atom soon heard the others snoring in their sleeping-bags on the floor beside the bed. He quietly pushed the covers off himself and placed his feet softly on the waxed, wooden floor, which were cold to the touch. Atom glanced at them cautiously as he tip-toed to the door and quickly snuck out of the room. His eyes had to adjust to the darkness as he looked around. It felt like something was calling to him, but he couldn't tell who or what was, or where it was coming from.

Atom started down the staircase, feeling maybe whatever he was feeling was down there. He peered into the kitchen, spotting something that would have given a human a heart attack. What had once been a small, white cat with black ears and tail had been mutilated in the most disturbing way, and was smeared all over the kitchen table and counter. Atom smacked a hand over his mouth to keep any sound from coming out.

He took a few steps back and turned away from the kitchen. His breathing had turned ragged and he could feel his head pounding again, almost worse than before. "What the heck, what the heck, what the heck," he muttered, sounding like a mad, crazy person. How horrible. How disgusting. How...

Atom felt something crawling up his back and froze. What.... the.....?? He glanced over his shoulder and saw a single white cat leg clawing its way up the back of his shirt. He couldn't take it anymore. Atom screamed and batted the leg off his back, running back up the steps. But now blood seeped through the floorboards and walls, making them too slick. He let out a shriek as he slipped and fell backward, smacking his head painfully on a step as he tumbled back down to the first floor. His whole body was nearly drenched in the oozing blood.

He tried to scramble back to his feet, then saw something, someone, standing on the third step of the staircase. He gave a horrifying grin and out-stretched a clawed hand at Atom. "Come here, my child," he said a gurgling, low voice.
The boy stood up slowly. "Y-you're.... the Midnight Man.." he said in a raspy, scared voice. The creature gave a smile and gestured Atom to come closer. Atom shook his head, taking many steps back. "No.. No!" He looked past the Midnight Man and screamed, "DAICHI!!!"

The Midnight Man's amused smile now turned into a snarl of disgust. "Now you're in trouble, Atom!!" he screeched angrily, lunging toward him. Atom dodged him and made for the stairs once again. His footing slipped many times, but he managed to get up the stairs and dashed down the hall, the Midnight Man close on his heels. His hissing and moaning and growling terrified him as he accidentally slammed into Kenichi's door as he tried to turn and open it. His feet fell from under him and he slid farther down the hall no thanks to the blood.

Daichi swung open the door, the Midnight Man flying past him just inches away from his nose. "What--?!" He looked over and saw Atom, barely recognizing him covered in red liquid. I-is that blood?!

Atom looked over at him with wide eyes. "Daichi!" he shrieked just nano-seconds before the beast once again out-stretched a hand. Atom's face turn sickly pale and he looked down at his chest as the Midnight Man reached through him with his ghostly hand and ripped out his electronic heart. Atom only had barely a second to look back at Daichi, tears falling from his eyes, and he fell limply to the floor.

"ATOM!!" Daichi screeched, glaring at the Midnight Man, who cackled evilly. "He's not dead, you idiot! I need his heart to control him!" he laughed at Daichi, holding the heart tauntingly and wiggling it back and forth in the air like it was a piece of candy. Daichi charged at him, raging, and plunged his hand right into the beast's stomach. Quite literally, too. Daichi was grossed-out when his hand reached into the Midnight Man. He let out a deadly cry of pain and dropped the heart, quickly making himself disappear into a cloud of black smoke.

(A/N 2: The pulling-out-the-heart to control Atom part was 'inspired' by Once Upon a Time. In that show the Queen/Mayor, Regina, pulls out peoples hearts to control them, or crushes it in her hand to kill them.)
Last edited by Angel of the Stars on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

Shades of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Shades of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"

It's been so long since I've seen that movie; maybe in the back of my mind I'm getting ideas from it? :p

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

That's so awesome, I've seen once apron time TV show series. Oh have you seen it, I really love that show so much, anyway I really like the idea you put into that story. Good job, keep it up. :)

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Chapter 9,

Daichi was carefully holding Atom's heart in his hand as he opened Atom's chest panel. He tried putting it back on based on what robotics engineering he could think of to help him. Sure, Daichi was a robot himself, but it didn't mean he knew how to fix them.
Rather late at entering the hallway (in Daichi's opinion since there had been screaming and yelling and the Midnight Man), Reno ans the others came over to them quickly. "Daichi? *gasp* What's happened to Atom?!"

"It was the Midnight Man. He tore out his heart to try to control him. For.. some reason, he seems to be targeting Atom with his horrible tricks," the red haired teen said. Reno knelled down next to him and held out a hand. "Hand me his heart. I'll fix him up."
Daichi nodded and gave him the heart, standing up and began to pace impatiently and from worry. Shib was too tired to really understand what was going on, so he went back to bed. Kennichi and Tamao stayed by Reno to hand him tools from a tool box Kennichi stored in his room.

After what seemed like forever (but was really only 20 minutes), Reno shut Atom's chest panel and wiped his forehead with his arm sleeve. "He should be good. Let's get him back into his sleeping bag..- uhm.. Kennichi, do you have any spare pajamas? I don't think we should let him stay in these bloody clothes.."

Kennichi nodded. Before he moved, Atom blinked his eyes open. "Ugh..?" He sat up slowly, his head and chest throbbing painfully. "I feel like... Shib's been sitting on me," he said, receiving a few chuckles from Ken, Tamao, and Reno. But Daichi just stooped back down and gave a small smile. "I'm glad you're awake. Are you feeling ok?"

"Yeah, just.. uh, sticky from this.. blood?.. on me," he answered. Daichi helped him stand up. "You should take a bath, then. And we'll wash you're clothes. After all, it's past 5 am, so we're allowed to use electricity."

Atom grinned slightly. "Yeah. But--" his expression changed to fear and worry. "What if the Midnight Man comes for me then?" Daichi gave a confident huff. "Then I'll fend him off. I'll stay in the bathroom with you." He turned to the other three boys. "You guys should go to bed again. I can handle it from here."

------
Here's a short chapter; wow it's been FOREVER since I last posted a chapter on here~ ^-^"

Return to “Fan Creations”