Uran-chama's Fanart

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Oh gosh, been there before. :T A lot of my stuff gets away from me sometimes; things can end up turning out a lot differently than how they started. Anyways, that's a nice picture! And yeah, digital drawings tend to be approached differently than how traditional works are tackled, especially depending on the tools involved (like tablets or touchpads and such).
lolwut

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I love the different colored outlines, they give Uran a nice soft look.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

My only constructive criticism is that the knuckles on her right hand make it seem like two of her fingers are detached from the rest of her hand. That can easily be fixed though.

Otherwise, it's not bad! I agree with Rejoyce in that I like the different-colored outlines on her body. The effect behind her left hand is really cool-looking as well along with the red highlight lines on her hair and eyes (which I assume is showing that light is emanating from the effect on her left hand?).

Also, congrats on reaching 100 posts and becoming a Rocket Ball Champion! :)
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

When I first posted it to tumblr I realized part of the knuckles looked a bit odd but I forgot to fix it. Thanks for reminding me!

And thanks for all the kind words everyone!

If I had done this traditionally I would have ruined it; that's definitely one really nice thing about doing digital art.

And wow I didn't even realize I made it to 100 posts lol

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

Her eyes seem like the camera flash was at a bad angle; the red eyes. :lol: But other than that, great work!

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

Since Uran is quite a hothead, the red in her eyes suits her well XD I really love your artstyle and colouring!

Oh, and how do you make the lineart a different colour? I've been wanting to know ever since I started digital art.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Oh, and how do you make the lineart a different colour? I've been wanting to know ever since I started digital art.

To answer that question, I suppose it depends on what program you use. And even then, it's probably also a matter of preference as to the methods used. I think the most general method is to draw the lines in whatever color, then lock the layer's alpha and paint over it in a different color. (It is also important that your program does, in fact, have layers; and also that you do not color and line in the same layer, in order for this method to work.) Other methods would probably involve clipping layers. I'm not an expert in efficient use of those, though, as I've not many programs that can even use them...
lolwut

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

Yeah, I just originally did the line art teal and then decided to draw over it on another layer in pink. More specifically, in Photoshop I used the magic wand tool on my line art, then right clicked and chose refine edge. I think I just increased the smoothness to make the edge of the magic wand tool closer to the actual lines of the line art. Then I just colored the parts I wanted pink in another layer, fixing it up afterwards.

I have a feeling there's probably an easier way of doing it than what I did tho :d oh: :lol:

Return to “Fan Creations”