Felicity's Art

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

Postby FelicityRedbarrow » 8 years ago

So, I took it upon myself...

Okay, I've been doing a bit of Japanese language study (don't laugh at the nerd), and have been able to recognize the first four characters of the second line as reading "Ochanomizu." I recognized the hiragana for "o" and "no" and took a guess. I knew his name translated to "tea-water." Maybe the rest of you already figured this out, but I'm feeling pretty good about myself. The rest is pure kanji, which will be much more difficult.
Last edited by FelicityRedbarrow on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

"FelicityRedbarrow" wrote:Image

Yes, the bottom line says
お茶の水博士
'お茶の水": "O-cha-no-mizu" - hiragana 'o', kanji for 'tea' connecting particle 'no', kanji for water.

博 ['haku' doctor, Phd.]

士 ['shi' gentleman, samurai, samurai radical (no. 33)]; though when combined with the 博 as "博士" reads 'はかせ' 'hakase', doctorate; PhD; Dr (as a title).

With the dark necktie, the top line will be guessing, unless there are other images from this as when Ochanomizu wipes the text away. I do not recall the episode #, but likely have the images.

FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

Postby FelicityRedbarrow » 8 years ago

It's probably a testament to my emotional state that I haven't been drawing much lately. Everything I do end up drawing is dark. I'm not in a good place right now, and I don't look forward to the transitions necessary to move to a better place. Ah, well. This, too, shall pass, I suppose.

I really like to draw, and when I don't feel like drawing, it really messes me up.

On a side note, thank you for your contribution, Jeffbert! I only wish that my copy of windows wasn't so messed up that I can't install the language packs to display Japanese. Learning is very difficult when all the text is uniform little boxes.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

Nice work, FelicityRedbarrow, really nice. But you're not a Jedi, yet. :D
"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=FelicityRedbarrow;234074][img]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/images/imported/192_Medussas_414_zps0fbf832a.jpg[/img]

Yes, the bottom line says
お茶の水博士
'お茶の水": "O-cha-no-mizu" - hiragana 'o', kanji for 'tea' connecting particle 'no', kanji for water.

博 ['haku' doctor, Phd.]

士 ['shi' gentleman, samurai, samurai radical (no. 33)]; though when combined with the 博 as "博士" reads 'はかせ' 'hakase', doctorate; PhD; Dr (as a title).

With the dark necktie, the top line will be guessing, unless there are other images from this as when Ochanomizu wipes the text away. I do not recall the episode #, but likely have the images.[/QUOTE]
1st line: 科学省長官
Romaji: Kagaku-shō chōkan

google: Science and Technology Ministry Commissioner

So, the whole thing says director of MOS, Dr. Ochanomizu.

No Japanese fonts? here is an image:
------------------------------------------
untitled1.jpg
untitled1.jpg (40.3 KiB) Viewed 1493 times

-------------------------------------------
:lol:
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Fan Creations”