EyeOdyssey's Non Tezuka Related Art

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
EyeOdyssey

EyeOdyssey's Non Tezuka Related Art

Postby EyeOdyssey » 8 years ago

I was planning for a while to make a separate thread dedicated to some of my other artwork. A lot of my stuff is now digital, I do the coloring in Adobe Photoshop and the outlines are prominently based on traditional drawings I drew using micron ink pens.

The first row of drawings here depict characters of my own making.
click for spoilerImage

Beyond this point is some of the fan artwork I did of other films and shows that I like.
click for spoilerImage

One thing I did refrain from posting was a page to a webcomic I'm currently working on that features the guys from the very first drawing listed, the reason why was that a pinch of mild language was used in the very last panel. Said language is probably a PG at most. maybe a light PG 13. If that's alright with the mods however I may put it up.
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"EyeOdyssey" wrote:One thing I did refrain from posting was a page to a webcomic I'm currently working on that features the guys from the very first drawing listed, the reason why was that a pinch of mild language was used in the very last panel. Said language is probably a PG at most. maybe a light PG 13. If that's alright with the mods however I may put it up.

I think it would be okay to put it up as long as you put a warning that your comic has some bad language in it.

EyeOdyssey

Will do.
Despite the one bit of language around the very last panel it's all quite SFW. The only risk related to viewing the comic at work is that your boss may question why you're reading a webcomic about what's seemingly a Micky Mouse pants sporting Residents reject, a sunflower man, a living table and the moon.

click for spoilerImage
Figured I would also link the two prior strips so it could all make a bit more sense.
A couple of repeated viewings of the classic film "A Face In The Crowd" played a major role when it came to inspiration for the strips seen here. I always wanted to work on a story that either referenced or took off of said film. Great movie. Andy Griffith is in it.

The next drawing linked here is a thing that I did for Halloween, I just finished working on it yesterday.
Don't think I really need a spoiler tag for this one, it isn't nearly as big as some of the earlier doodles.
The two zombies seen here are based on separate posters I've found across the web. The guy who looks a bit like a cop was inspired by the poster to the 1913 horror film "The Student of Prague", and the guy with the feather coming from his head was drawn from a page depicting vintage Halloween costumes.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I absolutely LOVE your art style. How do you color something digitally that you drew on paper? Or do you re-draw on a computer?

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I also love your art style and just how intense and bold it is, perfect for graphic illustration. I can easily see this kind of art in a comic book.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

You have a nice flowing--er, sweeping[?] style, EyeOdyssey. :lol:

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

Rather "Nightmare before Christmas-ish"
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

You have a very unique style and colour sense, reminds me of Gregory Wright's work.

EyeOdyssey

I've only got one drawing to post today, and it was technically drawn back around the 31st of October. This one I’m possibly going to use as a frame in a sequence for my next film, a mixed media effort that fuses together live action film and animation (think less Roger Rabbit and more of the stuff Bakshi did in the '70s).
 It is meant to be for a horror/thriller, so the drawing itself is a bit macabre in tone.
click for spoilerImage

************************ Long overdue feedback stuff

"Rejoyce" wrote:I absolutely LOVE your art style. How do you color something digitally that you drew on paper? Or do you re-draw on a computer?

It pretty much depends on the drawing itself.
Most of the time I do a rather rough outline on paper, rough as in very sketchy and with multiple alternate paths for just in case I ever intend to change the pose.
After that I would draw over it in Photoshop with a more refined version of the original outline. Sometimes I draw a far more clean outline on paper and drop it straight into the program and color it in with different layers, skipping the whole redrawing process.

"Earthshine" wrote:I also love your art style and just how intense and bold it is, perfect for graphic illustration. I can easily see this kind of art in a comic book.

The whole comic thing is definitely on the right path of what I’m aiming for. For the past few years I’ve been building my main cartoon sensibilities and such from the art of the many varied comic artists and cartoonists I’ve been researching. My intentions being so I could fit in stylistically with artists like E.C. Segar (the guy who created Popeye) and Otto Messmer (one of the two guys credited as the creators of Felix the Cat).

"jeffbert" wrote:You have a nice flowing--er, sweeping[?] style, EyeOdyssey. :lol:

Both will do.

"CommanderEVE" wrote:You have a very unique style and colour sense, reminds me of Gregory Wright's work.

Hate to ask this, but which one would you technically be referring to? Looking up the name I found two artists that share the same name, one did some Marvel related stuff and the other goes by the username GoldCucco.

EyeOdyssey

Haven't updated the thread in a while, here's some new stuff.
click for spoilerThe first few drawings are of my characters.
My two favorite villains, Mitchel Hugo and the wicked Varnpango.
This one shows two of the characters I designed for the webcomic I mentioned a few posts ago, both characters are actually of some fictionalized species I schemed up called "ballheads". They're basically like abstract, bowling ball headed stick figures that come in different varied shapes. Some are shaped like hammers, others are completely flat and some are humanoid, like CoCo (the one in the top hat).
This one's of a superhero inspired character I designed named Vileman, I designed him with Killing Joke's debut album in mind and I feel that his adventures do share the aggressive cynicism of the record.
Another drawing of the ballhead guy from that webcomic I did. This one's referencing an in-joke from the first strip (The Meaning of Life).
The last two images below this one are bits of fan art.

Return to “Fan Creations”