YJ_Doodle's Art

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:BTW, where do you hail from YJ D? The writing on the spine of your pad suggest someplace in west Asia, but I'm no expert on that.

First things first, thanks for the positive comment :D I didn't mean to flip the spikes around, so I'd say that was a good(?) coincidence?

I was assuming someone would eventually notice the books on the side. I'm from Korea and those are Korean storybooks :)

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

(Not Reboot) Astro Boy 2003 Doodle

(I was thinking of changing the title of this thread so I could post all my Astro Boy drawings, but I can't find an "Edit Title" on the tools... Oh well.)

This drawing is Atom and Mimi from Episode 5 of the 2003 series. This particular scene from the episode struck me so much, especially that shellshocked expression of hurt on Atom's face when he heard Mimi say "Robots don't have hearts"
I'm sorry if I got their characteristics a bit wrong(Especially Mimi's clothes...) and/or their poses aren't entirely accurate. I didn't shade anything besides the eyes and mouths because I was too tired...

Errm... That's about it? I'm going to sleep now, bye! :astro:
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-11-26 23.10.08.png
Screenshot 2015-11-26 23.10.08.png (184.03 KiB) Viewed 2522 times

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"YJ_Doodle" wrote:(I was thinking of changing the title of this thread so I could post all my Astro Boy drawings, but I can't find an "Edit Title" on the tools... Oh well.)

I changed the thread title to "YJ_Doodle's Art". Is that okay with you?

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

"Shiyonasan" wrote:I changed the thread title to "YJ_Doodle's Art". Is that okay with you?

Yes, thank you! :D

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Mars and Uran!

I just remembered that Mars was created in the year 2015, yet no one has really acknowledged that till now. Oh well, that means I had to draw him :D

Apparently I'm still mentally hyped for the delayed reboot, and I just drew my version of Uran for the reboot next to him. The idea was that these two were robotic twin heroes-in-training. They also love to bug Atom. I wish the creators do some thorough research and include him or Cobalt in the new series.
Attachments
Uran and Mars.jpg
Uran and Mars.jpg (19.63 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I love the color scheme you used! The green background brings out the color of the characters but isn't too bright that it draws attention to itself. And the faces are beautiful! I love Mars' teeth :)

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

I wanted to try drawing the ginger-haired boy(who most of us are speculating is Tobio) in the back of the new ABR poster and spent an hour zooming into those handful of pixels and trying to conclude whether his eyes were grey, blue or green(I eventually just took Atom's eye colours). And his clothes designs were pretty blurry too, so I just drew what I saw.

There's also that weird earpiece thing pinned near his ear, and I'm beginning to wonder if that boy has bad hearing??
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-02-28 20.59.28.jpg
Screenshot 2016-02-28 20.59.28.jpg (21.42 KiB) Viewed 2422 times

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Maybe it's a communication device, like Bluetooth? If he is Tobio, or even just one of Atom's human friends, then he likely has a means to communicate with him from a distance. Maybe it's even some form of translation device for that robot he seems to be riding in the poster! Assuming that not all robots speak English, or any human language, like in the movie, but can understand it; and can speak to each other with a language or their own.

Anyways, it's a cute drawing! That kid sure seems like a happy sort. If he is, in fact, Tobio, then I sincerely hope that he stays that way.
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

I assumed Tobio's eyes are green in the poster, but upon second look since you brought it up, the pixelation makes it hard to tell exactly what color they are. I'm still thinking they're green though.

Anyway, great drawing! I like the design on Tobio's sleeve.

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

I've been reading some of the RPs on Tumblr and I really liked the idea of Atom and Atlas having a brotherly relationship after the events of 2003 :D I had the feeling Atlas would occasionally teach Atom how to paint.

(I should probably colour this later.)
Attachments
Atom and Atlas.jpg
Atom and Atlas.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
Last edited by YJ_Doodle on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Fan Creations”