My Various Character Redesigns

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
SCP-811Hatena
Kokoro Robot

My Various Character Redesigns

Postby SCP-811Hatena » 8 years ago

I made a few character redesigns on my DA Page, and I thought that maybe I could share them with you guys.
Atlas (Adult)
Atlas (Young)
A size chart of the siblings Atlas (far left), Uran (left), Tobio/Astro (right) and Cobalt (far right)
Jetter Mars
Orrin
Astro and his weapons.
Uran
Frederick "Skunk" Fink
Pluto/Bruton
The there siblings having a walk.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by SCP-811Hatena on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

OMG, you've made Atlas look like some kind of DINOSAUR!
Uran has a tazer weapon? Yeah she should have SOMETHING!
I like your rendition of Mars, makes him look like part F14 Tomcat!

PS. Welcome to the forum!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

SCP-811Hatena
Kokoro Robot

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:OMG, you've made Atlas look like some kind of DINOSAUR!

Thanks! I love this forum, man. It's great.
My Atlas' adult design was based on his 60's incarnation, while his child design was based on his 80's design.
I didn't give Uran a laser. It's actually a railgun/taser.
Cobalt's redesign is inspired by Phret of Thai mythology.
Last edited by SCP-811Hatena on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

"SCP-811Hatena" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Penguin;237258]OMG, you've made Atlas look like some kind of DINOSAUR!

My Atlas' adult design was based on his 60's incarnation, while his child design was based on his 80's design.
Cobalt's redesign is inspired by Phret of Thai mythology.[/QUOTE]

I can't see Cobalt THAT radically different. My god, he's twice as tall as Astro! Looks more like a brother to Pluto, actually.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

My home page

SCP-811Hatena
Kokoro Robot

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:[QUOTE=SCP-811Hatena;237259][QUOTE=Tetsuwan Penguin;237258]OMG, you've made Atlas look like some kind of DINOSAUR!

I can't see Cobalt THAT radically different. My god, he's twice as tall as Astro! Looks more like a brother to Pluto, actually.[/QUOTE]

That's because this Cobalt has a much different backstory than he does in the original 60's canon.

Astrogirl500
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astrogirl500 » 8 years ago

Hello it's me Astrogirl500.
Please introduces yourself here http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5353

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

"SCP-811Hatena" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Penguin;237260][QUOTE=SCP-811Hatena;237259][QUOTE=Tetsuwan Penguin;237258]OMG, you've made Atlas look like some kind of DINOSAUR!

I can't see Cobalt THAT radically different. My god, he's twice as tall as Astro! Looks more like a brother to Pluto, actually.[/QUOTE]

That's because this Cobalt has a much different backstory than he does in the original 60's canon.[/QUOTE]

Please post an overview of your head cannon for your characters, I'd like to know more. Have you written any fan fiction stories? You can find some of mine posted on this forum, as well as on FanFiction dot net. (link in my signature).
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

My home page

SCP-811Hatena
Kokoro Robot

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Please post an overview of your head cannon for your characters, I'd like to know more. Have you written any fan fiction stories? You can find some of mine posted on this forum, as well as on FanFiction dot net. (link in my signature).

Alright, here are my headcanons.

First off, Astro, Atlas, Cobalt, Uran, and Pluto are robotic pseudo-organisms, which are artificially-made beings that mimic the bodily functions of organic life forms to a near-microscopic level

Atlas: Atlas is a robotic pseudo-organism created by Dr. Tenma and Dr. Yamanoue. He was subjected to cruel, traumatic experiments throughout his development. This caused Atlas to gain a strong, deep-seated hatred toward humanity. As an act of revenge on Tenma, He breaks out of his testing chamber and murders Tobio, Tenma's son. Further in the canon, Tobio (now known as "Astro Boy" or "the Mighty Atom") and Atlas become bitter enemies.

Tobio/Astro: Tobio, as always, is the deceased son of Dr. Tenma. He was brutally murdered by Atlas, and was his first victim. However, his death didn't last forever. By combining Tobio's DNA and Atlas' "genetic" data, Dr. Tenma was able to create a near-perfect pseudo-organic duplicate of Tobio, which also inherited Tobio's past memories and personality traits. Most other parts of his backstory, such as the circus story arc, remain canon. He eventually meets Dr. Oshay, and goes to live with him as a sort of "adopted son". Once Tobio became a hero, many civilians began to call him "Astro Boy" or "the Mighty Atom". Tobio (now called Astro) became a protector because throughout both of his lives, he believed that all lives are worth protecting. He doesn't want anybody to befall the same fate that he did when he was human. He, like all other iterations of Astro, is kind, respectable, and has a strong sense of justice. However, he suffers minor depression, knowing that he will never be human again.

Cobalt: Cobalt was a test version of the pseudo-organic Tobio duplicate; He is also Astro's "older" brother. Much like Astro, Cobalt was created by combining Tobio's DNA with Atlas' genetic data. However, unlike Astro, Cobalt doesn't have any of Tobio's memories. Initially, Cobalt looked very much like Tobio, but thinner, slightly taller, and with more pointed hair. Cobalt, unlike Tobio, was interested in joining the military, and wanted to join it in order to help people. Tenma, after a few months, sent Cobalt to the Ministry of Defense, where he was modified into his current, terrifying visage by Dr. Yamanoue. He eventually meets Astro, and goes to live with him and Dr. Oshay. Much like the original 60's iteration, Cobalt is kind and loyal to everyone around him, including his siblings. However, he isn't as bright as his younger brother. He also tends to be rather gullible, being easily manipulated by criminals into doing illegal activities. This eventually leads to him gaining trust issues.

Uran: Uran is Astro's younger sister. She was created by Dr. Oshay using Astro's cybernetic "genome" as a base. She was then presented to Astro as a gift for his birthday. Uran has rather remarkable abilities, such as indefinite limb rotation, and most impressively, regeneration. She can instantly regrow any limbs or parts that have been severed from her body. If she is cut vertically in half, both halves will regenerate and turn into two separate duplicates of the original.
Last edited by SCP-811Hatena on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Ah, you made an account on here, eh? (We talk a lot on dA; I don't necessarily want to say precisely who I am on there though, because I'm not as terribly fond of this forum anymore. Some people might remember, though.)
lolwut

SCP-811Hatena
Kokoro Robot

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Ah, you made an account on here, eh? (We talk a lot on dA; I don't necessarily want to say precisely who I am on there though, because I'm not as terribly fond of this forum anymore. Some people might remember, though.)

Oh, yeah, I remember you! It's good to see you here.

Return to “Fan Creations”