Secretsivekept's Astro Fanart

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 7 years ago

Secrets -- I am REALLY EXCITED to see/read your fanfic - and I feel your design of Astro/Toby and others are PERFECT. They're contemporary, without being "quirky for the sake of being quirky"

You capture expressions phenomenally well - NOT an easy thing to do -- but something that Tezuka did very well. I'm going to call it the "Disney factor."

I also like Astro portrayed as slightly older because it strengthens the "believe-ability" of his being intellectually mature (not just a little boy with super-powers).

I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner to your work -- but want you to know, I can't wait to see any posts you make here.

BTW - do you use any kind of drawing/manga program to do these? They look like they've been drawn freehand. Keep up the good work!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

Postby Secretsivekept » 7 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Secrets -- I am REALLY EXCITED to see/read your fanfic - and I feel your design of Astro/Toby and others are PERFECT. They're contemporary, without being "quirky for the sake of being quirky"

You capture expressions phenomenally well - NOT an easy thing to do -- but something that Tezuka did very well. I'm going to call it the "Disney factor."

I also like Astro portrayed as slightly older because it strengthens the "believe-ability" of his being intellectually mature (not just a little boy with super-powers).

I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner to your work -- but want you to know, I can't wait to see any posts you make here.

BTW - do you use any kind of drawing/manga program to do these? They look like they've been drawn freehand. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much!! :wub: I have been influenced by Disney a lot so that could be why, haha XD

I sketched this on my tablet using a program called Clip Studio Paint! :) :D

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

I thought I'd upload some sketches of Toby and Zoran that I did on paper (and combined together on the computer :D )

I think I quite haven't mastered Toby's face, he's supposed to be 14 in the story but I keep making his face too long. The first page (the one where he's holding Zoran) is more of my idea for Toby's look.... idk. These are just a bunch of sketches anyway *shrug*

(and yes, the parrot on the bottom of the second picture is Houdini, Zoran's bird pet. He's a parrot ^u^ )
Attachments
sketchdump2 copy.png
sketchdump2 copy.png (269.18 KiB) Viewed 3282 times
Sketchdump1 copy.png
Sketchdump1 copy.png (259.27 KiB) Viewed 3283 times

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

Yet another great couple of fan art pieces. I like your interpretation of Tobio and Uran, but especially Uran; you captured her personality well.

You're also very good at drawing facial expressions. Uran's expression in the sketch of her sitting on Tobio's shoulders is excellent and amusing. :lol:

Since I've commented on it before, I might as well say this this time: I think you drew both characters appropriate to their ages this time. I've said before that you tend to draw Atom a little older than you intend to, but Tobio looks like a 14 year old kid here, and Uran looks like her age (my fan canon is that Uran is created to look about 7 or 8 years old in the manga and anime).

Anyway, it seems I tend to comment a lot in this thread, but your artwork continues to be awesome! Keep up the good work! :D
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

another drawing for the Miraculous AU :D
Attachments
Astro collab.png
Astro collab.png (441.53 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

Some more astro boy art :D The second one is a Wall-E AU that I just thought was cute X33 (yes I included Nuka/Niki, she needs more love ;3; )
Attachments
Astr-O copy2.jpg
Astr-O copy2.jpg (466.48 KiB) Viewed 3229 times
sketches 10 copy.jpg
sketches 10 copy.jpg (120.54 KiB) Viewed 3223 times

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Oh, LAB Astro and his touching problem... :lol:

Nice work as always! The last three drawings you posted are great!

I've got a request: could you try drawing Jetter Mars? Not sure if you've drawn him already, but I'd like to see him in your style. :)

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

"Secretsivekept" wrote:Some more astro boy art :D The second one is a Wall-E AU that I just thought was cute X33 (yes I included Nuka/Niki, she needs more love ;3; )

Atom as Wall-E and Niki as Eve. I like that.

I had started to write a Wall-E / Astro crossover story a while back, but never got too far with it. Uran would have been in Eve's part, and Atlas in the 'auto pilot' part.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

Vwalah! A Jetter Mars has appeared XDD He's so cute, I need to draw him more often.

And yes, I gave him freckles because I felt like it XD
Attachments
Jetter Mars copy.png
Jetter Mars copy.png (97.56 KiB) Viewed 3218 times

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Good job! The freckles are a nice addition. :D

If you want to draw Jetter Mars more often, feel free to! I think there's quite a few members on here who would love to see it. I wouldn't mind seeing other Jetter Mars characters as well. :)

Return to “Fan Creations”