Tetsuwan April Challenge

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

Some gifs of Ochanomizu getting hugs. Well, for the 80's one that's the closest I could find. Not a lot of physical affection going on in that series. It was mostly just Ochan putting his hand on Atom's shoulder.

I could have sworn there were more hugging scenes in '63 but I couldn't remember what eps they were in. So if anyone else remembers, please tell me!

Edit: Added new gif thanks to Tetsuwan Penguin!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Uran-chama on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added new gif

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

I know there was one towards the the end of the "moon monsters" episode.

Oh and here's a scene in color!
Attachments
shot0711.jpg
shot0711.jpg (12.49 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
shot0710.jpg
shot0710.jpg (13.09 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
shot0709.jpg
shot0709.jpg (13.83 KiB) Viewed 2492 times
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

That color one is so cute!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Shibugaki and Tamao

For this one I've taken something from the 1980's

Shibugaki barged out of the classroom in a huff. “Damn Robot!” he yelled.

Tamao ran after him, despite Kenichi's yelling, “Leave him alone for a while until he cools off!”

The boy in the tricked out cap and thick wire framed glasses kept after his heavyset classmate, “Hey Shib!” he yelled “wait up!”

Shib turned around to see who was following him, and then yelled over his shoulder, “just leave me alone four eyes!”

“Come on buddy, we need you back in the classroom,” Tamao yelled back.

“No you don't, you got your robot friend.”

“Astro's OK, Shib, but you've been my buddy a lot longer than he has.”

Shibugaki stopped running and slowly turned around. “You're not just saying that to be nice are you?”

“No, of course not!” Tamao stammered, “It's true.”

“Did you vote for me?” Shib asked.

Tamao paused before crossing his fingers and replying, “Yeah, I did!”

“Lier!”, the large boy replied.

“No really, I did!” Tamao said crossing the fingers on his other hand.

Shib walked closer to the nerdy kid and stared him down with close eye contact, his nose just millimeters from Tamao's. “You really voted for me?”

“Well, I almost did.” Tamao said in a shaky voice. “I mean, I think you could have done a good job, but, well, it's just that Kenichi has more experience in this sort of stuff.”

For a moment Tamao was certain that his larger classmate was about to slug him, but gradually the anger melted from Shib's face. “Yeah, I guess he does at that. Why doesn't anyone like ME! Why can't I be as popular as Kenichi?”

“Maybe you just try to hard,” Tamao suggested. “You do try to force yourself on people you know.”

“Well maybe.” Shib voiced. “Then again, maybe I'm not as smart as Kenichi, maybe that's why they like him better.”

“You're not dumb,” Tamao replied, “not exactly anyway. Maybe you just need a little help, like a tutor or something.”

Shib let that last remark sink in for a few seconds. “Would you do that, Tamao?” he asked. “Would you be my Tutor?”

“Sure!” Tamao replied at once, thinking to himself, 'what am I getting myself into here?'

Shib wrapped his left arm around the smaller boy's waist and pulled him close. “Thanks, buddy!”He said.

Kenichi was surprised, but relieved when he saw Shib and Tamao walk back into the classroom together. The larger boy slowly headed back to his seat, taking a path that would take him right past Astro's desk. The new class president quickly ran towards Astro and placed himself between the two of them.
Shibugaki ignored Kenichi's presence, except to push him gently aside. As he passed by Astro he muttered, “it's OK, Robot. Maybe you'll want to vote for me next time.”

“Can we still be friends?”, Astro asked Shib.

The heavyset boy turned about and looked Astro in the face. He paused to think for a moment, his eyes focusing on Tamao across the room. “Yeah sure, Astro. I guess so,” he said.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

My home page

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

Oh! I love all the gifsets for Ochanomizu :heart: He's definitely in the top three for my favorite characters.

For Wednesday concerning Shibugaki, Tamao and Kenichi I wrote a story with all three of them quite a while ago but I am still proud of it.

A New Upgrade on AO3.

I really love these three and I like how in some versions Shibugaki shifts from your typical "bully" character into one of Atom's friends who is sincere and kind to him. I imagine that as Shibugaki got older he gained a great interest in science and pursued a career quite unexpected. I think at one time I may have imagined him going into prosthetic applications.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

I remember reading that some time ago, nice bit of work!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

My home page

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Atomu - In the year 2253 Part I

For Atom's birthday here is a story based on a video that Tezuka Productions posted on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enNX9iVCrvU
A description of this clip describes it as taking place 200 years in future from Atom's time when robots have become mankind's enemy. The dark mood of the film reminded me of a cross between the Matrix and Terminator movies. I distilled the basic premise from what little of the film that had been posted online, and developed my own story around it.

Due to its length, this story is posted in two parts....

A constant slow rain fell from the perpetually dark skies upon the quiet streets of the former Metro City megapolis. The occasional flash of lightning and the search lamps of the sky patrols was the only light reaching the ground. Few humans dared to sneak through the long abandoned city to scavenge, least they be caught by the machine patrols.

Human civilization, which once occupied and ruled the city in great numbers now hid in the shadows. Those that had escaped from the robot overlords hunkered out deep underground in the bunkers that had been built for shelter against possible nuclear attack when mankind was his own worst enemy. Most of the human race however, now served as slaves for their own creations, the thinking machines that had taken over during the time of chaos. Forced human laborers worked in the mines to recover the minerals that the machines needed to keep their kind running. In return for their harsh labor, the robots fed their slaves, though it was a sorry existence.

It had been years since anyone had seen the sun. The runaway global warming caused by mankind's release of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere during centuries of industrialization had shifted the climate. Ocean currents reversed directions causing violent storms driving tsunami force waves into the coastal cities. Nuclear power plants melted down releasing clouds of radioactive debris high into the atmosphere where they remained as dark clouds, blocking out the sun's light. A kind of 'nuclear winter' set in, with rain falling continuously in the middle latitudes.

Outside of the heart of the former Metro City, burrowed beneath a former JR rail tunnel, one small band of humans hid from the machines. Their small group of families had been in contact with several other such groups scattered throughout the main island of the once great nation, plotting to overthrow their tormentors. Two such groups were now close to finishing a weapon that would render all of the thinking machines inert. Since radio communication was both spotty and dangerous, they had to make use of their children as 'runners' to deliver messages between the pockets of refugees. It was hazardous work, but the pre-teenagers were small, fast, and clever. They had managed to outwit the robot patrols without being captured thus far....

Tobias entered the habitat through the concealed tunnel. After peeling off his backpack and removing the outer layer of protective clothing he made his way into the communal dwelling where he found his younger brothers playing cards with their grandfather. Leon dropped his hand onto the floor and ran towards his older brother the moment he saw Tobias enter the area.

“You're back!” Leon smiled, launching himself into a bear hug around the older boy's waist. “Did you see him?” he asked.

“Yeah was he there?” Drew asked.

“I did.” Tobias nodded. “He was standing there in that glass tube just as Gramps described him.”

Dr. Elson stood in the doorway and cleared his throat loudly. “Did you deliver the information, son?”

“Yes Dad,” Tobias replied. “I didn't have any problems, the robot patrols were looking elsewhere, just as our intel suggested.” Tobias opened his shirt and removed a large envelope that he had hidden beneath it. “I was given the results of the research that the MOS group had compiled. Here it is.”

Dr. Elson took the parcel from his son and carefully tore it open. He removed a stack of papers and quickly thumbed through them and gave a sigh of relief. “Thank's Toby,” the scientist said. “I've got to study these carefully, I'll be busy until morning with this I'm afraid.”

“Sure Dad,” the three boys waved as their father headed off.

“Tell me the story again, Gramps!” Leon said, “Now that I know it's true!”

“OK then,” the old man said squatting down into a sitting position on the floor. “Sit down next to me and I'll repeat the history.”

The brothers and their grandfather sat on the floor in a circle around the plasma heater that provided warmth and light to the otherwise dank room. Leon coughed, his skin color turning blueish. He quickly fumbled though his pocket, finding the inhaler that he kept handy to treat his asthma. He held the mask up to his face, covering his mouth and nose, and took a slow deep breath. The color returned to his face and he was breathing normally again. “Sorry Gramps,” he said. My breathing acts up when I get excited.”

The old man started to tell his story, often using movements of his hands to punctuate it. “Robots weren't always our enemies,” Grandpa Elson began, “and they didn't look like the weapons of destruction like the ones that are constantly trying to wipe us out. You know that we humans invented robots, they weren't created by some fluke of an accident, or by invading aliens from space. Robots were everywhere, almost everyone owned at least one of them. They were our friends and trusted servants. Of course, in the beginning most people were afraid of them, but for different reasons than today. People saw them as a new kind of technology that seemed out of place, like automobiles once were.”

“What's an automobile, Gramps?” Leon asked.

“A machine used for getting from one place to another on wheels,” Gramps replied. “I forgot, you've never seen one of those, I'll have to show you some pictures, if I can find them. Anyway, one day somebody made a robot in the form of a small child. This robot was given a heart, and he only wanted to be accepted by people. His name was Atomu, and thanks to him people and robots found a way to get along.”

“You still telling the kids your fairy tales, dad?”
Ellen Elson walked into the room and looked down at her two boys and her dad. “Besides it's their bedtime now.”

“But Mom!” Tobias wined, “I saw him! Atomu was in the old museum, just like Gramps said he'd be!”

“Your father told you to keep out of that part of the old city,” Ellen said sternly, “you knew it was dangerous!”

“I was safe,” the elder boy replied, “We knew that the machines were patrolling elsewhere, they took the bait that the MOS people planted and they were concentrated elsewhere. I never saw a single robot!”

“I'm glad for that,” Mrs. Elson countered, “but you were still taking a big risk. The old city is usually crawling with patrol 'bots. Now no more arguing, you two get to sleep! We'll talk some more tomorrow!”

“OK mom,” Tobias gave in. He and his brother bid goodnight to Gramps and left the room.

“Dad?” Ellen said, tapping her foot on the ground.

“I only told them the truth, Ellen,” the old man said. “My father was there when it all started, you know.”

“So you've told me many thousand times,” Mrs. Elson sighed. “Well the kids enjoy your tall tales. I just hope that they understand the difference between reality and fantasy.”

“It's not fantasy, daughter,” Elson senior said sternly, “Nostalgia perhaps, but it's all very real.”

“Whatever.” Ellen sighed. “Get to bed, Dad, you need your sleep too.”

Dr. Elson came to bed long after the rest of the family had retired. Ellen was already asleep, but she awoke and turned toward her husband as soon as the man lay down next to her. “Thought you said you'd be up all night,” she cooed.

“I've digested enough of the information,” he sighed. “We're almost there. Our friends in the MOS camp think they know how to disable all of the machines at once. They need the device that we found last month to complete their contraption. I'm going to have to send one of the boy's out again real soon.”

Leon woke up in the middle of the night, and was unable to fall back to sleep. He walked past his parents bedroom, heading for the dining area to get himself a glass of water. On his way back, he heard his father talking. “It should be my turn to go,” Leon thought to himself. “I've never been out in the city, but Tobias has told me all I need to know.”

The family gathered for their morning meal. Ellen poured the hot tea into the six slightly cracked cups. Grandpa Elson drank his slowly, taking sips between bites of stale toast. Tobias, Leon, and Drew drank theirs more quickly, and then asked for seconds. Dr. Elson entered the dining area holding a small device in his hands. “Is that the gizmo we found in the old sector?” Drew asked.

“Yes,” their father replied. “The MOS camp identified it from the description you brought them, Toby. They need it to complete their weapon. I'm going to have to ask one of you to go out again real soon.”

“I guess it's my turn then,” Drew said. “I'm ready.”

“I want to go!” Leon demanded. “I've never been outside, and I'm old enough now!”

“You can't go, Leon!” Tobias jumped out. “Remember, you're sick.”

“I'm OK as long as I have this!” Leon replied, holding his inhaler.

“I'm sorry, son.” Dr. Elson said. “This is too important to trust it to someone who's never been outside before. Another time, perhaps.”
Leon watched his father carefully wrap the device up in a soft cloth, and then put that into a small box, which he left on the table.

With the meal completed, the family left the dining area. Dr. Elson stopped Drew and spoke to him in a low voice. “You'll go out after dark and deliver this box to the MOS camp. Take the new route, we think the machines may be wise to us and have returned to watching the city route.”

Leon had made up his mind. He found the maps that Tobias had drawn showing the routes through the old city with the location of the MOS camp's hiding spot. His brother had marked the map with the location of the museum that Gramps had told them about. Drew was resting in his room before his scheduled departure to deliver the package that was still sitting on the table in the dining area.

Leon packed an extra inhaler into his back pack. He carefully filled the canvas pack with bars of concentrated food substance, water bottles, and several flashlights. Sneaking into his brother's room, he found the communication device that they used to contact the MOS camp. Leon then took the box his father had packed and put it into the backpack.

He made his way down the exit tunnel and peered out though the periscope. Darkness had already begun to fall outside. Carefully, he opened the door and headed out. He'd make the delivery, it was his turn.

Dr. Elson looked at the clock, it was time. He found Drew packing for the trip. “Remember what I told you, keep out of the city we think the machines are watching it again.”

“Right Dad,” Drew nodded. “Do you have the box?”

“Didn't you already pack it?” his father asked.

“No, not yet.” Drew replied.

“It's missing from the table where I left it for you,” Dr. Elson said.

Ellen Elson stuck her head into the room, “have either of you seen Leon?” she asked. “I just noticed that he's doesn't seem to be underfoot for a change.”

Dr. Elson and Drew looked at each other. “You don't think?” Drew asked.

“I hope not,” the man said in a worried voice. “He doesn't know which route to take.”

“What's going on?” Ellen asked.

“I think Leon may have grabbed the package and set out to deliver it himself,” Dr. Elson told his wife. “He told me he wanted to make this run, and I refused to let him go.”
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

My home page

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

2253 Part Two

The route to the MOS camp was clearly marked on Leon's map. He used the flashlight sparingly, least the machines spot the light. He felt the chill from the light misty rain that was always falling, and coughed a bit. Leon took a breath from the inhaler and continued on his way, according to the map he was close to the MOS camp's entrance.

Suddenly a bright light came down from the sky. Leon darted out of the way, he could hear the engines of a robot drone darting through the sky above him. He tried to keep in the shadows, and took a detour through a dark alley. Once on the other side, he moved quickly along the street, the turn towards his destination would be in a few hundred meters. Lightning flashed between the clouds in the sky, a freak storm was building.

Again a spotlight came down from the sky, this time it projected his shadow onto a building. They'd spotted him. Two, no three seven foot tall robots were running behind him! Leon ran, again darting down another narrow street, and ducking between buildings trying to get away from his pursuers. He quickly turned again, running into a dark building and closing the door behind him.

Leon now had now idea where he was. He switched on his flashlight to look around, and the light fell onto a sign hanging in the building's entrance, “Metro City Museum”. Was this the museum that Gramps had spoken of? Outside, through the windows, Leon could see the lights of the drones projected towards the ground, probably looking for him. He made his way up a large spiral staircase that led into a vast display hall. His flashlight fell on various glass cases, inside were all sorts of ancient machines, this was clearly the technology exhibit portion of the museum.

Leon sat down, out of breath. He reached for his inhaler and took several deep breaths from underneath the mask before putting the device back into his pocket. At the end of the hallway, he saw a tall glass case. He shined his torch onto it and his eyes widened. Standing inside of the crystal tube was a robot just a bit shorter than he was. Its head was bend down, as if it was looking at the ground. The robot was 'dressed' only in dark briefs and a pair of red boots. Its head featured two spikes of dark hair jutting out in the back. Leon shined his light on the plaque attached to the base of the display, and read the inscription:

“This Child is a small robot with a heart... He was a bridge between humans and robots.... He loved many people.... Having served his purpose here rests Astro Boy."

“Atomu” Leon whispered to himself. Through the windows he could see flashes of lightning and hear the thunder. Suddenly he heard the sound of the doors being bashed in. He turned around and faced three of the sentinel robots coming towards him. Leon turned to run but was grabbed by yet another sentinel that had circled behind him.
“Atomu! Atomu!” Leon cried out in fear, but he knew the robot could not hear him.

A large bolt of lighting hit the glass dome on the roof of the building and part of the discharge crashed into the hall. Several of the display cases fell over, including the one housing the boy robot. A corona discharge of Saint Elmo's fire covered Atom, who now lay on the ground on top of a large pile of glass chards.

“Atomu!” Leon yelled as the Sentinel held a hand over his mouth.

“Atomu! Atomu!” The words echoed in a hollow space filled with random discharges of static electricity. Clouds of colored confetti drifted in front of sightless eyes. His muscles clenched involuntarily as the world spun around him. He'd taken a direct hit by a secondary discharge from the bolt of lighting. Nearly a million watts of power had surged though his system, reactivating the thermonuclear power source that had been sitting cold, but fully fueled. Another bolt of lighting came down from the sky, striking the floor just in front of three of the sentinels.

Atom opened his eyes. He blinked trying to merge the double vision that swirled in front of him. He saw the three large robots lying on the ground, twitching out of control due to their servos being fried by the last lighting strike. Now clearly in his vision he saw the boy held high in the air by the fourth robot, the child gasping for breath.

Instinct took over. Atom flew through the air, his right hand balled into a fist. He hit the sentinel in its midsection, causing it to loose its grip on the boy. Leon felt himself falling to the floor, and then being caught in Atom's arms. The sentinel was out of action, impaled into a wall.

Atom slowly lighted on the floor, and set Leon down. “Are you OK?” he asked.

Leon coughed violently. He pointed to his backpack that lay on the ground a few yards away. “Inhaler” he gasped. Atom quickly grabbed the canvas sack and handed it to the boy. Leon quickly located the mask and held it over his mouth and nose. He took several deep breaths before removing the medical device.” “Arigatō gozaimashita,” he managed to get out, still panting.
“I need your help, Atomu”, Leon said as he searched the inside of the backpack, and found that the box was still inside. “I have to deliver this.”

“Why were those robots chasing you?” Atom asked.

“The world has changed a lot since you were left here,” Leon sighed. “Your kind is now the enemy of humans.”

“Then I guess they are also mine.” Atom sighed He opened his chest panel and looked at the instrumentation inside. “I don't know how long my energy will last, but I seem to be fully fueled at the moment. I will help you find your friends and deliver your package.”

Atom studied the map that Leon presented him. “I recognize the area,” he said.

“But it's not the Metro City that you know from over 200 years ago,” Leon pointed out.

“Yes the city has changed, but the land underneath is the same.” Atom replied. “My electronic brain can lay the topology of the new on top of the old.”

Atom lead the way out of the museum. He turned his hearing up to 1000X so he could hear the patrols long before they could spot them. After walking for almost an hour they came to an area outside of the old city filled with debris and rubble. A large mountain of broken concrete and brick stood in front of them.

“I can sense that the entrance to your friends hideout is buried underneath this pile.” Atom said.

“This isn't where the map indicates the entrance,” Leon said. “Are you sure?”

“Yes,” Atom answered. “We can't enter where the map indicates, I sense that the sentinels are watching that area. I'm going to have to tunnel underground. You can follow behind me.”

Atom started to tunnel into the earth, rapidly boring a passageway underground. Leon crawled in behind him, using his flashlight to follow. Up ahead of him, he could see a spot of light cast by Atom's eye searchlights. Finally, after crawling downwards for many minutes Leon found himself in a larger tunnel that suddenly opened up in front of him. Atom was standing there waiting for him.

“I bored into the access tunnel that your friends use to reach their hideout,” he said, pointing. “In that direction.”

They walked slowly, Atom's searchlights illuminating the way. The tunnel entered a large open cavern, and suddenly several people appeared, holding weapons aimed at Atom and Leon.

“Don't move, Robot!”, One of the men announced, as he placed a hand on Leon's shoulder.

“Don't harm him!” Leon cried out, “He's a friend!”

“There isn't any such thing as a friendly robot!” the man told Leon.

“Wait!” Another of the group approached. He was an older man, with a full head of gray hair. He shined his torch onto Atom, and carefully reached out a hand to touch him.

“Careful Ken, you don't know what a robot will do!” the first man said.

“Relax, Carl,” the elder man replied. “I know of this one! It's Astro Boy, isn't it?” he asked.

“I've been called that,” Atom replied.

“But he's only a legend!” Carl argued.

“Most legends have their basis in fact,” Ken replied. “Your generation wouldn't know, but mine remembers!”

“He saved me from the sentinels,” Leon said. “I was chased into the museum where I found him.”

“I'd call that an act of providence,” Ken laughed. “Come, let's get you two inside and see what you've brought us!”

Carl carefully unwrapped the box that Leon had removed from his backpack. He took the device that had lay within the packing and inserted it into a machine that sat partially assembled on a work bench. “Yes, it fits perfectly,” he smiled. “I think this will work.”

“What is it?” Leon asked.

Ken looked at Atom and then turned to Leon. “It's a device that can destroy the sensitive cybernetic systems of the thinking machines from a distance. Set to narrow field it can be used as a battle field weapon. Set to wide range we think it can destroy every single robot within 50 square miles of here.”

“We won't be trying that out, at least not for a while,” Carl said. “I'm sure that if we did, this weapon would self destruct doing so.”

“Eventually, that is exactly what we will have to do,” Ken replied. “We have to wipe out all of the thinking machines at once, otherwise some will remain to rebuild themselves.”

“I'm afraid that's probably true.” The voice came from a third man who had just entered the room. He was a head taller than both Carl and Ken, and had a well trimmed beard.

“Hello Leon,” He introduced himself, “My name is Dr. Fried. I designed this weapon based on information that your father provided us. When I told him that I had the prototype ready, he informed me that your people had found the necessary power converter among the ruins in your section.”

Dr. Fried unfolded a large sheet of paper onto the table in the middle of the room. “This is a map showing the current know locations of the thinking machines. The sentinels are all controlled from within this central area,” he explained pointing to the map. “If we detonate this weapon in the middle of their concentration, we could wipe out all of the thinking machines forever and free all of mankind from their tyranny.”

“That would be a suicide mission,” Carl said. “I'm sure we could find volunteers to do it, but the odds of success are small, and we'd probably loose the only weapon we have in the attempt. We might just have to use it long range and hope for the best.”

“If we only had a way to set it off from above,” Dr. Fried said. “That would be the ideal way to guarantee the desired effect.”

“Then let me do it,” Atom said.

The three men turned to face Atom.

“You're a robot!” Dr. Fried cried out. “How did you get in here?”

“His name is Atomu,” Leon said. “He got me in here past the sentinels, and he saved my life.”

“You'd do that?” Ken asked. “You'd be destroying yourself in the process.”

“First and third laws of Robotics,” Atom said. “I am programmed to be willing to sacrifice myself to save humanity.”

“But how?”

“I will fly your weapon above the area were the robots and thinking machines are concentrated, and detonate the device.” Atom said.

“There must be another way,” Leon said.

“There isn't,” Atom told him. “My electronic brain has analyzed how this device works, and I agree with them. It must be detonated from above, and I'm the only flying platform available. Don't worry about me, Leon. When I thought I'd outlived my usefulness, and all of my human friends had died of old age, it was my decision to have myself entombed in the museum. Now it seems that there is a better destiny for me, one that I've always knew was my purpose all along. Don't grieve for me Leon, be happy for me.”

“We don't have much time,” Dr. Fried said. “I expect the thinking machines will soon relocate to another area, as they have done several times before. We must strike now while our intel is fresh.”

“Then get your weapon ready,” Atom said, “and I will deliver it.”

Dr. Fried made the final adjustments on the weapon. The men placed the device on a cart and rolled it towards the mouth of the access tunnel. “You can exit our complex from here,” Ken explained. “You'll need to get airborne quickly and carry the weapon high over head, a detonation from 10,000 feet will be the most effective. You might have to fight off some drones that would try to shoot you down.”

“That's OK,” Atom smiled, “I'm armed and loaded for bear.”

“Good luck!” Leon sobbed, “I'm going to miss you!”

“Chin up!” Atom told Leon. “I've got a secret for you. Somewhere out there, I have a brother and sister. When this is all over you need to find them for me.”

“I'll do that!” Leon said, giving Atom a hug.

“Good luck,” Ken extended his hand towards Atom who shook it.

“Thank you,” Atom replied. He grabbed hold of the device and exited the tunnel. As they closed the door, the men watched Atom head skyward, and disappear into the clouds.
Several minutes passed, and then there was a huge flash of light in the distance. The dark sky suddenly lit up as if several suns had suddenly appeared though the dense clouds, and the landscape all around reflected the glare. It took several seconds more for the shock wave to reach the ground as an explosive clap of thunder. The ground shook as if an earthquake had occurred, and then everything gradually returned to normal.

Leon and his brothers used the primitive hand tools to work the earth. They cut into the hard ground to plant the first crops that had been sowed in over a century. They'd found the seeds buried in a vault that had been sealed of by their ancestors years before the thinking machines had taken over their part of the world. They had help in their work, members of the other camps had united with them as mankind had slowly crawled out from their numerous hiding spots as word of the thinking machine's demise spread.

Leon's spade struck a hard metallic spot in a soft spot of the earth and he got on his knees to dig. His fingers telegraphed the feel of the object, and he pulled it from the ground. It took him a few moments to get over the shock of finding it. Leon carefully placed the spiked orb into his backpack with reverence. Later it would be cleaned up and be kept as a holy object in a shrine where it could be gazed upon whenever one needed a feeling of up lifting. Leon was glad that the last expression frozen into the facial expression was that of a smile. Forever, Atom would be grinning with a happy thought at all that came to see his head.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

My home page

gokaiblue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby gokaiblue » 8 years ago

Very interesting story.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

Ugh Penguin you're such a good writer! I'm so jealous!

Return to “Fan Creations”