Kitty Lue's Astro Boy Fanart

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Re: Kitty Lue's Astro Boy Fanart

Postby Kitty Lue » 6 years ago

Pushmipullu wrote:Oh gosh, I'm so jealous of your art, lol. Do you have a deviantart or something that you post your art on?

Aw thanks! (Or is that the right response to being jealous of my art? Oh well, you know what I mean. xD)
I do have a deviantArt, but I haven't posted on it in a while. You can see some of my stuff I've done in previous years on there, but in terms of Astro Boy fanart, it's always going to show up on here and/or Discord before deviantArt since there's more direct interest in the subject matter here. ;) :astro:

P.S. "SAUSE" 10/10 would HK sub again :lol:

Coralyly13
Kokoro Robot

Postby Coralyly13 » 6 years ago

Well, that's so great the fanarts, good job for that, so i try to draw the Astro Boy logo in my mind, so i did to make a fanart, too much practice, it became to be hard
I'm Coralyly, the legendary robot

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Re: AMV Won "Best Editing" in local competition

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 6 years ago

Kitty Lue wrote:So I entered my Astro Boy AMV "Keep Myself Alive" in a high school district video competition under the category "Video Editing". That event was held today, and my video won its category!

^ Fake thumbnail for the forum :P

Because of the setup and time constraints of the event, only 15-second clips were shown of the videos in each category before the winner of the category was announced, at which point the video's creator would receive an award and then the full version of the winning video would be played. That means :astro: was in one of the few videos that were shown in full. :w00t:

Awards:
click for spoilerImage
(That's just my name under the blur spot. I had to blur it out since the forum is public.)

(Definitely the most responsible use of a school computer :lol :)

Also, I'm considering making a new thread for my AMVs. I plan on making several more videos like this, and since these videos take me a lot longer to make than most of the type of art I made this thread for, I feel like it'd make it easier to find the AMVs in particular if they had their own thread, since they'd likely be dispersed pretty far apart in this thread.

And on another side note, I finished my portfolio (which I conveniently found a way to use fanart for :lol :) on Monday, but I'm going to hold off on posting the rest of those here until I find out if College Board (the people who will be grading my portfolio) has an issue with art used in portfolios being posted publicly online or not. Unfortunately I didn't take this into consideration before posting the other ones, so if they do turn out to have a problem with that I might be in a bit of a pickle. :unsure:

Oh wow. Big congrats and really cool video! Have you considered sending it to AMV contests at anime conventions? I think it might have a shot.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Dragonrider1227 wrote:Oh wow. Big congrats and really cool video! Have you considered sending it to AMV contests at anime conventions? I think it might have a shot.

Thanks! :w00t: I have been considering sending the video to some AMV contests, which is why it's currently on my Google drive instead of YouTube (I suspect some contests would have a rule against the video being on YouTube prior to the contest), but I'm still a little unsure of the process since I haven't done so before. I'll definitely have another look online through what contests I could send it to, though. :)

Coralyly13 wrote:Well, that's so great the fanarts, good job for that, so i try to draw the Astro Boy logo in my mind, so i did to make a fanart, too much practice, it became to be hard

Thanks! I'm sure if you keep practicing, you can get better too. ;) Looking at pictures of what you want to draw also helps, drawing from memory is quite difficult. :doh:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Kitty Lue wrote:
Dragonrider1227 wrote:Oh wow. Big congrats and really cool video! Have you considered sending it to AMV contests at anime conventions? I think it might have a shot.

Thanks! :w00t: I have been considering sending the video to some AMV contests, which is why it's currently on my Google drive instead of YouTube (I suspect some contests would have a rule against the video being on YouTube prior to the contest), but I'm still a little unsure of the process since I haven't done so before. I'll definitely have another look online through what contests I could send it to, though. :)

Some do but surprisingly not all of them. Like, Anime Boston doesn't seem to mind as long as they're not too old. (Like over a year old I believe) Most of them are pretty straight forward with how they accept submissions and have people you can ask if you're not sure. Yeah, I was unsure of it when I started as well. I'd be awesome if you did. If nothing else, I'd be glad I wasn't the only one send Astro boy videos to conventions :lol:

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Dragonrider1227 wrote:Some do but surprisingly not all of them. Like, Anime Boston doesn't seem to mind as long as they're not too old. (Like over a year old I believe) Most of them are pretty straight forward with how they accept submissions and have people you can ask if you're not sure. Yeah, I was unsure of it when I started as well. I'd be awesome if you did. If nothing else, I'd be glad I wasn't the only one send Astro boy videos to conventions :lol:

Since the time of that post I've looked up some AMV contests that will be happening soon but haven't gone past their submission deadline yet. I'm in the process of entering my video into Hamacon's and Otakon's AMV contests right now. :w00t:
While there didn't seem to be a "rule" against naming AMVs after the song they used, it did seem preferable to come up with an original name, so I'll be entering the video into those contests under the slightly figurative name of "Your Twin Ghosts".
And I'm glad to be joining in with sending Astro Boy videos to conventions, I was inspired to do so when I saw your video "A boy in funny red boots" :D :astro:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Sweet! Good luck to you.
You were? Aww shucks :oops:

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Dragonrider1227 wrote:Sweet! Good luck to you.
You were? Aww shucks :oops:

Haha I guess we'll see how it goes. :)

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Alright, it's been a bit of time since I last posted something here :whistling:
But I did some sketching recently. Here's a bit of action pose study with Atom since I haven't really done that before :lol:
click for spoilerImage
aaaand the one on the right is a prime example of why probably half the time I have to just connect heads digitally (and part of why the one on the left has no head… please don’t take the image literally :’D)
And yeah, there was some art theft going on recently on another site so I guess I'm gonna have to start watermarking my stuff. These forums are publicly accessible, after all. I may or may not end up putting watermarks on finished images, but I'm going to be watermarking my sketches/WIP stuff because the unfinished versions of drawings are really the only proof I have of my ownership of a drawing. It'd really suck if someone stole that.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 6 years ago

I agree. Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Fan Creations”