Kitty Lue's Astro Boy Fanart

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Kitty Lue's Astro Boy Fanart

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

It's about time I actually started posting some of this here; even though I haven't actually finished much of it, there is a lot of it.
So I'd mentioned back on the New Member thread that I had a few ideas for fan fiction, one of which I planned on illustrating. That means a whole lot of individual drawings and a whole lot of practices as well. :lol:
Since I found a way that I could actually count 12 pages of this as my concentration for my AP Art class, I started sketching actual pages of the story a lot earlier than I had originally thought I would. I started with what's planned to be page 5, though, since the first few pages are meant to connect the story to existing plot material from the 2003 series, and would have several pictures that weren't my original scenes, which could cause issues with using them for my AP Art portfolio. Anyway, I have some pictures of those sketches at various stages:
Full page:
click for spoiler
P005 sketch.png
P005 sketch.png (247.56 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

Panel 2:
click for spoiler
F2 sketch.png
F2 sketch.png (163.34 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

Panels 3 and 4:
click for spoiler
F3,4 sketch.png
F3,4 sketch.png (211.13 KiB) Viewed 5414 times

Panel 5:
click for spoiler
F5 sketch.png
F5 sketch.png (179.39 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

This panel's been changed since full-page picture was taken

Panel 6:
click for spoiler
F6 sketch.png
F6 sketch.png (192.48 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

Panel 7:
click for spoiler
F7 sketch.png
F7 sketch.png (199.25 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

Also changed since the full-page picture

On my computer I'm doing vector tracings of the sketches and adding backgrounds. I have an incomplete version of this page done with vector graphics. :D
click for spoiler(scaled down)
In panel 6 Astro's eyes are supposed to be open, but since his head was at about the same angle as in panels 1 and 2, I reused the head shape from that and just haven't gotten around to redrawing his eyes yet. :whistling:
Ya know, aside from the fact that I haven't added his classmates in yet... or his legs in panel 4... That last bit reminds me of the mistakes thread I was reading earlier today. :lol:

I plan to match the art style used for this story to the one used in the 2003 series, since it's connected to that one, but my teacher told me the graders might think I traced the pictures if I do that with my portfolio pages, so I've also been practicing drawing Astro in my own art style:
click for spoiler
Atom style test.png
Atom style test.png (63.29 KiB) Viewed 5408 times

(Though I did pick up that type of eye highlighting from the 2003 series' art style...)

I have more I've done on paper, I'll post those when I get around to photographing them. :)
Last edited by Kitty Lue on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

Postby Secretsivekept » 7 years ago

Ok someone's gotta say it; your style is ADORABLE. :D DD I love it

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

:D DDD Thanks! :w00t:

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

The eight link is broken
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:The eight link is broken

Huh. Are you sure it's the 8th one? I checked them to make sure they displayed properly, and the 8th one shows up, but the 7th no longer does. If the 8th one is having problems as well, that makes the problem bigger. :unsure:
I think I know what's wrong with the 7th one, though; I tried linking it through my Google drive, rather than photobucket. I did set it to public, though, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Either way, I can try uploading it to photobucket and switching the link.
Last edited by Kitty Lue on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed a "prblem" xD

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

Sometimes that happens if the photo is too big; make sure it's at least 800 X 600 pixels or 500 KB in size.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Oh that's actually what I did with all the sketches so I could attach them directly to this site and not have to deal with photobucket, but the vector page I decided to upload somewhere else and link it here so I wouldn't have to scale it down so much. The problem was that I linked the image here from my Google drive this time, rather than photobucket since that site was getting on my nerves. I set the picture to public, and the image displayed on my PC, so I can see this being one of two problems; either the 'public' setting still didn't work, and I was only able to see it on my PC because I was logged into my Google account, or it doesn't display properly on mobile devices that don't support the latest Google apps. I know that I can't access Google docs from my phone because it's about 5-6 years old and not supported anymore, but I've only been able to test it on two devices. :unsure:
If you don't mind me asking, did the image in the 7th spoiler display correctly the first time for you? And what type of device were you using? By now I've relinked it through photobucket, so it shows up on both my phone and computer, so I hope it shows up for everyone else, too.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 7 years ago

Wow! Great artwork!

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

it didnt show up for me the first time, and I was using my laptop, but now I see it :)

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"DrFrag" wrote:Wow! Great artwork!

Thanks! :w00t:

"Secretsivekept" wrote:it didnt show up for me the first time, and I was using my laptop, but now I see it :)

Ah. Good thing I switched the link, then. I'm guessing the issue did have to do with Google drive still not allowing access to a public file... too bad. It was a lot less hassle than Photobucket, but at least it seems that images linked from Photobucket consistently work properly. :)
Last edited by Kitty Lue on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Fan Creations”