Kitty Lue's Astro Boy Fanart

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

I was realizing how many photographed sketches I have laying around on my hard drive, so I figured I might as well share them here. :)
click for spoiler
lookingUp1.png
lookingUp1.png (263.76 KiB) Viewed 4613 times

click for spoiler
disturbed expression.png
disturbed expression.png (346.1 KiB) Viewed 4613 times

This was supposed to be a sketch, but I got a bit carried away. xD

click for spoiler
02 combined sketch.png
02 combined sketch.png (341.14 KiB) Viewed 4615 times

A sketch that I'm going to do a vector tracing of. I tried to draw Atom's face on his head but it said "No! I'll make things difficult for you!" so I drew it somewhere else and combined on the computer so I can put them together when I make the vector version.
Atom's like "Wait, what're you putting in my face?" xD

click for spoiler
01 sketch.png
01 sketch.png (249.35 KiB) Viewed 4616 times

A more depressing sketch. This one I've done some of the vector tracing for, the next spoiler shows what I've done so far.

(Large image follows)
click for spoilerImage
I may or may not leave this in grayscale for the finished product. Either way, these are placeholder brightness values. I haven't checked for accuracy yet.

click for spoiler
hands.png
hands.png (187.8 KiB) Viewed 4614 times

Just a bunch of hands, since I can't seem to be able to draw hands on characters. :P
Last edited by Kitty Lue on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 7 years ago

Cute!

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks! :)

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 7 years ago

I love how you varied the line width on the vector illustration. It looks so clean and nice :)

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 7 years ago

These are SO GOOD!

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Rejoyce" wrote:I love how you varied the line width on the vector illustration. It looks so clean and nice :)

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:These are SO GOOD!

Thanks! :w00t:

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 7 years ago

The hands are so cute and chubby! I love them!

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Uran-chama" wrote:The hands are so cute and chubby! I love them!

Thanks! The funny thing is, one time I was looking up pictures of hands to use for drawing references, and one of the pictures was of baby hands. When I saw that I realized how similar their shape was to Atom's hands and started laughing. Although in a different proportion to his body, Atom basically has baby hands and arms. :lol:

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 7 years ago

Your drawings are closely similar to the 2003 series, right? Is the '03 series your favourite Astro Boy anime? BTW I like your sketches, and looking forward to see more of it. :)

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Sandi Two" wrote:Your drawings are closely similar to the 2003 series, right? Is the '03 series your favourite Astro Boy anime? BTW I like your sketches, and looking forward to see more of it. :)

Thanks! I am imitating the 2003 series' art style since it has the most visual similarities to my regular art style, so it was the easiest for me to learn. I like all the series for different reasons, though. :)
In some of these sketches, the style doesn't match the 2003 series as much as it could because those sketches are for my portfolio in an art class and I'm supposed to use my own art style for that. But I noticed that my regular art style had kind of melded with the '03 series' style, so it doesn't look very different anymore. :lol:
Speaking of art class, I'm making vector versions of 2 of these sketches as part of 4 art pieces due on March 6, so I should be able to post finished versions of those by then. :D

Return to “Fan Creations”