Kitty Lue's Astro Boy Fanart

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

Printed and matted these 2 yesterday for my school's art show:
(791x1024 each)
click for spoilerImage
click for spoilerImage
I was a bit rushed to get this one done on time and had to skip out on shading, but oh well. Deadlines are deadlines. :rolleyes:

I was surprised to see how many people recognized :astro: as I matted these yesterday and helped set up the art show today, like my art pieces brought the memory back. :D One girl I was talking to yesterday said she liked the movie and should see the series, and even said she wanted a print of the first picture in this post if I could get an extra printed. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
It'll be cool if this little memory boost adds extra interest for them if they get info about any of the new series when they're available to watch. Especially considering the art's set up now and so many more people can see it. And I'm also putting one of those pieces into a state-wide digital media arts festival for my digital media class, and an Astro Boy AMV in a school district video contest. Watch out, I'm using my senior year as an excuse to infiltrate all the school system's art and media events with Astro Boy content. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It'd be awesome if we all found online/local media/art events going on during April and just flooded them with Astro Boy content for Tetsuwan April. :lol: Especially with the online events, anyone on the forum who's up to it could send something to the same event, as long as it has the right categories for the content. And anyone who doesn't feel up to submitting something could still help find an event. Well, that's me going off on a tangent after remembering that one video contest is in April. :lol:
Last edited by Kitty Lue on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added another paragraph

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 7 years ago

Am I the only one who notice the difference between Astro's hands in your second drawing?

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Sandi Two" wrote:Am I the only one who notice the difference between Astro's hands in your second drawing?

GAH! I knew I was a bit rushed to get that one done on time for my art class, but I hadn't realized I had drawn the hands at such noticeably different sizes. Well, I guess part of it can be explained by his arm and hand directed slightly forward, but I'll need to keep a better eye out for that. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

One of my art pieces received an "Honorable Mention" ribbon in my school's art show. :)
click for spoilerImage

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 7 years ago

Yay :D congrats

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks! :w00t:

Coralyly13
Kokoro Robot

Postby Coralyly13 » 7 years ago

That's a great fanart, good job Kitty Lue
I'm Coralyly, the legendary robot

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks, Coralyly13! Also, welcome to the forum. :D

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 7 years ago

What is "Honorable Mention?" Is it a special award? Congratulations on your achievement, by the way. :)

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Sandi Two" wrote:What is "Honorable Mention?" Is it a special award? Congratulations on your achievement, by the way. :)

Well, it's on the lower end, when it comes to awards. There are a certain number of specific places (example: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, etc.) and then there are honorable mentions, which are above average but didn't quite get one of the top few placements.
Thank you :D

Return to “Fan Creations”