Trivia Game

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Nick
Kokoro Robot

Trivia Game

Postby Nick » 17 years ago

Hmm.. Some of those questions are a bit tricky, like who created Livian and Atlas, Originally or the remodel?? And in the first one for who gave Astro his name that's kind of a trick question... in the 80's series it was Kathy but in the 04 series in was Elefun. How about posting all the questions in this thread and we can debate what the answers should be and research them (also could have different trivia for the different series. Just a thought. :D

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

Is this for the quiz tread i made?

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

"Sparx" wrote:Is this for the quiz tread i made?

It's the trivia link in the left part. Just for fun, it's the link which I click on half of the time when I go in the forum :p

About the trivia, the questions are about the 1980s series. Not the 1960s as far as I know, and certainly not the 2000s as the trivia was here before the 2000s was published.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

I just took the trivia again. It's hilarious to think that it seems so easy now, while the first time I took it, it was a different story! :p (Of course I hadn't seen most of the episodes in about a decade and I hadn't yet seen the English version.)

There aren't many debatable answers as long as we make it clear that it's about the 1980 series. One I found debatable was:

5. Who Created Atlas?
Guiss
Mandrake
Livian
Skunk

Among these choices, Guiss is the obvious answer, but I think Boynton could be considered Atlas' co-creator.

Another thing: 7. How many robots did Pruto need to defeat to become the Greatest Robot in the World? and later 6. Why does Pruto spare Astro's life?

Pruto...? :unsure: I only know him by the names of Bruton or Pluto. :blush: Also, the answers of the latter are:

Because Astro once saved his
He likes Uran and does not want to upset her
He and Astro make a deal to stop fighting
Uran begs for Astro's life and Pruto agrees
He wants to be his friend instead of fight him

I think the main answer is the first one, but if I recall correctly, Bruton/Pluto/Pruto also mention Uran in his little explanation, so there's also a little truth to that answer.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:Pruto...? :unsure: I only know him by the names of Bruton or Pluto. :blush:

I suppose that's because 'r' and 'l' are considered the same letter in Japan. So names coming from Japanese sometimes have their 'r' and 'l' swapped between each other :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

"fafner" wrote:I suppose that's because 'r' and 'l' are considered the same letter in Japan. So names coming from Japanese sometimes have their 'r' and 'l' swapped between each other :p

Interesting. Mark isn't Japanese, but maybe that's what was written on the Siren tapes or something else.

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 17 years ago

I can't pass the second part :(

Astro Forever
Administrator

Want help? :whistling:

Nick
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nick » 17 years ago

I'm pretty sure it was 7 robots in all that Bruton had to destroy. But he actually only destroyed 6 because Astro was of course not beaten. But Isn't Atlas the creator of Vivian?? Not originally of course, but he did rebuild her.

Astro Forever
Administrator

"Nick" wrote:I'm pretty sure it was 7 robots in all that Bruton had to destroy. But he actually only destroyed 6 because Astro was of course not beaten.

1) Mount Blanc
2) Astro
3) Molnar
4) Brondo
5) Xeron
6) Hercules
7) Photar
8) Bora ;)

"Nick" wrote:But Isn't Atlas the creator of Vivian?? Not originally of course, but he did rebuild her.
Not in my opinion. He rebuilded her, yes, but to me the creator is the one who created her originally.

Return to “Games & Role Play”