A.B. Online's Role-Play Thread 3

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

A.B. Online's Role-Play Thread 3

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Astro Boy Online's Third RP Thread

Welcome readers to the third RP thread of the Astro Boy Online forums. Two previous RP threads had been created before, only to be neglected for several reasons, hence why a second rp thread was initially created, and hence why I am now creating this one. With permission from Jeffbert, I bring you the third rp thread.

Which will likely and hopefully be the last of the rp threads. So, let's use this one well, okay everyone? Likewise I will be doing my best to keep this thread well-organized to the best of my abilities (since I cannot edit a post after 24 hours), and keep a good eye on this thread for as long as I'm a member here at the Astro Boy Online forums. If you have a question about the third rp thread, you may ask me.

Now before I begin, I'd like to explain a few things first.

RP Rules:

1. All forum rules apply here of course.

2. We'd prefer that you read this post before claiming a character and rping.

3. Keep it clean, that includes in private rping too.

4. You can rp as a character from one of Tezuka's other tales, not just Astro Boy. Likewise with settings, plot and all.

5. Only one character per player. Also first come, first serve, so don't complain if someone took a character you wanted.

6. Have fun!

The Role-Playing:

As with the previous RP threads, rping can be done in the rp thread here. And if you wanted to, you could also privately rp by Private Message. Just remember that wherever it is that you role-play, you keep the forum rules and rp guidelines in mind.

For role-playing, well obviously you can role-play in almost any setting, almost any timeframe, and so forth, so feel free to use your imagination. Not only can you role-play things from the Astro Boy franchise, but from Tezuka's other works as well if you wanted to. If you wanted to visit the city of Metropolis being destroyed by Tima, or if you wanted to react the story of Sapphire the Princess Knight, then it's up to you. No need to limit it to just Astro Boy.

This also means that you can choose a paticular story or setting from an Astro Boy series as well. And yes this includes the 2009 movie, if you wanted to rp something from there, you can too.

Before rping can start, we need people to choose a character to be. Once we have enough, we can start. A player may then offer to start up the rp in this thread, with a story or a setting of their choice and things can go from there. Of course an entire group of players don't have to roleplay in the same 'setting' that someone chose. One group could be at a lab, another on a distant planet. Point is, I want this rp to feel 'free' and mostly without limits in regards to role-playing.

Characters:

Most importantly, characters. What's an rp without characters? You may choose a character, only one please, to role-play as in the rp thread and private rps. You can choose a character from Astro Boy, or from one of Tezuka's many other works. For example, if you wanted to role-play as Black Jack or even Kimba, you can. Also if you're playing as an Astro Boy character,
you could also choose what kind of series they appeared in. For example if you would prefer to role-play as Dr. Ochanomizu as how he appeared in the 2009 film, you can as well. Or mix-and-match if you wanted. Again I'm trying to make role-playing as characters seem free and without limits.

To claim a character, simply post in this thread which one you would like to be. First come, first serve, so anyone who claims first will get the character they wanted. So please don't complain if a character is taken.

Unfortunately I cannot edit this post after 24 hours, so I'll have to post the 'claimed list' every so often to keep track of things. Be sure to check the most recent if you want to claim as a character.

Once we get enough players, we'll start role-playing. It shouldn't take too long.

That's it.

That's about it for the reading. I hope I've made it clear for everyone. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Alright, let's start making claims.

I'll roleplay as Dr. Umataro Tenma (1980's and 2003 combination).

Claim List as of October 14th, 2010:
Dr. Black Jack (Black Jack) - Astronomical girl
Dr. Tenma (80s and 2003 combination) - Dr. Jerk
Dr. Ochanomizu/O'Shay (2003) - Androids101
Epsilon (2003) - AprilSeven
Last edited by Dr. Jerk on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I'd like to be Epsilon from the 2003 series!

I just PMed Alittleacorn -- I know she wanted to be Cora!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

is it gender specific? like girl for girl charactors and boys for boy chractors? becuase i would like to be
Dr.Black Jack but if not i'll do Pinoko :)
Unyongnekasayo

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

It's not gender specific. You can be any character you want. Like, I'm playing as Tenma even though I'm a girl.

So it's Dr. Black Jack that you want to be?

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I'll be O'Shay as he appeared in the '03 series.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

Yes, I like the stuff most people gage or loose their stomaches to :)

Presenting

Black Jack sensei 3)
Unyongnekasayo

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Here's the list thus far.

Claim List as of October 14th, 2010:
Dr. Black Jack (Black Jack) - Astronomical girl
Dr. Tenma (80s and 2003 combination) - Dr. Jerk
Dr. Ochanomizu/O'Shay (2003) - Androids101
Epsilon (2003) - AprilSeven