RP:The Ochanimizu Files; Tenma's Therapy Sessions

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

T: I was jealous. I couldn't believe that this creature of mine would follow somebody else's orders. I had put everything I had into him, and it had to mean something. So I had these huge plans for him.

O: Huge plans?

T: Yes, he needed to be the best. I knew he was capable of everything I had in mind. He just needed to understand what his role was, and to removed himself from... some people's influence...

Tenma had said the last sentence in a defiantly, his eyes looking right into O'Shay's eyes...

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

O'Shay merely stares at Tenma's gaze before sighing indefenitely

O; I see...You mean my influence, don't you?

Tenma stares at him breifly once more before facing his gaze towards the floor once more.

Astro Forever
Administrator

(Now this is interesting, because in a normal psychotherapy, I would think that Tenma would probably redirect his feelings about O'Shay towards the therapist, through a phenom called transference. But now O'Shay is the therapist... :whistling: :p ).

Tenma: Yes, O'Shay. Your influence. YOUR INFLUENCE!!!!

O'Shay remained silent.

Tenma: You know what I mean. You kept him like one would have kept a child, giving him little missions well beyond his capabilities. Thankfully, I managed to challenge him as he needed to be. He needed to grow. He needed to know he was the best. He needed to learn that he had to fulfill his potential.

O'Shay: So you still think all these hurdles you put into his way were worth it?

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Tenma pauses breifly for a moment before speaking once more

T; Yes, and I am very proud of his development.

O; So in other words, you haver no regrets.

T; Well, there are some...

Astro Forever
Administrator

Tenma: I'm very disappointed that he sided with humans to that extend. Humans are so imperfect... He's not conscious enough of his worth.

O'Shay: So in other words... you have no regrets...

Tenma angily hit the comfy chair with his fist. "What are you trying to get me to say??? Do you realize how much he means to me? Do you remember who designed him? Why shouldn't I have the right to decide what he is supposed to do?"

O'Shay: Do you realize that many people and robots were hurt because of the consequences of your actions?

Tenma: What are you talking about? A world ruled by robots is a much more perfect world for everybody...

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

O; Maybe for you, it would be. But what about the people who would've risen up against that world and critisized it?

T; It wouldn't have made any difference to me. Besides, you've always been aware of my response to critisism.

O; Oh, I'm well aware of that. But still, even if humans were still allowed to live in the aftermath of a robotic take-over, it's highly unlikely that many people would still survive. Innocent, or otherwise.

T; So what!? It's not like humans have ever done anything for me!

O; But what about your parents, what about Tobio, what about Hoshie even?

T; That's different; Tobio was my son, my parenst were always kind to me, even Hoshie...she was one of teh only few people who accepted me...

As Tenma turns his gaze away, an unlikely theory pops into O'Shays head

O; Tenma...Do you remember Hoshie's death?

T; Of course; she died of cancer.

O; Yes, but do you remember how you were after her death? You became very anti-social. I mean, you were always anti-social, but it got to the point where you would only come out of your office at the Ministry if you needed to discuss something important.

Surprised by that sudden question, Tenma sighs deeply before turning his gaze away from O'Shay once more

T; I...I felt responsible for her death...

Astro Forever
Administrator

O'Shay: Responsible?

Tenma: Hum, well, hmmm...

A distressed expression contorted his face. Realizing the importance of the moment, O'Shay remained silent, and waited Tenma's next word.

Tenma: I will admit that she suffered a lot from some of my decisions. At first, I really thought we would live as a family with Ast... I mean Tobio. I couldn't understand why she wouldn't accept him.

O'Shay: But she didn, didn't she?

Tenma: Not really. She grew to love him, but only because she was seeing Tobio in him.

O'Shay: Of course, they looked alike...

Tenma: But she wasn't supposed to feel the need to make him like Tobio. She was supposed to love him as he was, and she didn't. She wouldn't understand me.

O'Shay couldn't contain a chuckle... Tenma's expression changed. Realizing his mistake, O'Shay tried to move on, but Tenma interrupted him.

Tenma: Yes, I know. Nobody understood me. I wonder what I'm doing here, in fact. It's no use. And where are we supposed to go with this anyway?

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

O; Well, you might not see any point to this, but I think I'm starting to figure something out here.

T; Really?

O; Yes, I wonder if maybe all of your anger comes from the fact that you feel abandoned by people.

T; What? That's ridiculous! Why would I feel forgotten and neglected by humans!? Humans are the ones who rejected me!

O; But think about it Tenma,; each time you lost a loved one, hopw did you cope with that loss?

T; I...I buried myself in my projects...

O; Exactly. You see, I think the issue isn't that you hate humans, but more so that you've only allowed certain people in. And now that those people are gone, you only feel completely comfortale around robots.

Tenma stares at him breifly in wide eyed shock before opening his mouth to speak

T; R-Ridiculous! You have no proof!

O; Oh really? You became more introverted after Hoshie's death, didn't you?

Tenma's eyes begin to widen in realization

O; And once both Tobio and Astro rejected you, you went underground.

T; That's...That's...

O; I understand it might just seem like a crackpot theory to you Tenma, but you've always felt like you've been alone, it only makes sense that you would try to find companionship unconsciously.

By this point, Tenma's hands are beginning to shake as those words begin to sink in. Eventually though, he takes a deep breath, managin to calm himself down before he speaks once more.

T: I never felt like that when I was with Tobio...or Hoshie for that matter...That's why I blamed myself for her death.

O; But why? It's wasn't your fault that the cancer became lethal.

T; Because by that point, I'd become so invested in my job that I barely had any time for her. I knew it had to be rough on her, but I didn't realize just how rough it had been for her. A week before she died, she aske dme if I even loved her anymore.

O; Did you?

T; Of course...She was the more gentle, most forgiving soul I'd ever known...Even now, I still love her for that...

O; So, you think the stress from your absence is what amde teh cancer worse?

T; Yes...

Astro Forever
Administrator

(Nicely done!)

Tenma: Yes... I'm afraid I didn't help her. She must have been so mad at me, even if she wouldn't show it.

O'Shay: Mad... or sad? Disappointed? Did she ever get mad?

Tenma: Yes, after I, uh... After Astro left. She screamed at me, it scared me because she had never done that before. But she never did it again.

O'Shay: No?

Tenma: No. I think she's been mad at me for a long time, but she hid it from me.

O'Shay: Did she become passive-aggressive?

Tenma: Yes, she wouldn't resist, but she didn't approve. She never asked for my help when she fell sick, but... I'm sure I disappointed her anyway.

O'Shay: Did you realize she could die?

Tenma: At first, it didn't occur to me. And when it did, it was already too late, and by that time I felt so ashamed of myself that I couldn't look at her in the eyes.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

O; When was the last time you saw Hoshie?

T; The night she passed away.

O; You mean you stayed with her the whole time!?

T; Of course!

O; Oh, sorry, I should have known better than to ask that. Anyway, what did you do to pass the time before she...you know...

T; We talked for awhile.

O; About what?

T; About everything...About our memories together...and even about how she wanted to be...buried...

O; I see. Did Hoshie understand how you felt about her?

T; I think so...Though there was one otehr question I asked her.

O; What was it?

T; I asked her why she hadn't told me that she had gotten worse.

O; What was her response?

T; She gave me a smile...and told me that I looked so happy, that she didn't want to burden me.

O'Shay's eyes widen in shock

O; Tenma...What did you do?

T; I cried...I could only tell her how sorry I was, and she didn't seem to mind...She just gently stroked the back of my head, as if trying to tell me it was alright...But nothing she did could ease the I was feeling...

Return to “Games & Role Play”