RPG-The Ochanomizu/Tenma Files: The Early Years

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 10 years ago

T: Just as long as we don't name the baby after me if it's a boy.

H: Oh, but it would be so cute!

T: For you, maybe.

H: Now who's being the big baby?

He just gives her a smirk

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Dr. O'Shay is in the laboratory studying the designs for a robot machine that he is working on. He can't seem to find the solution to an elusive problem and keeps scratching his head. Dr. Tenma walks in. He seems to have something on his mind, but is instantly attracted to the large computer screen that Dr. O'Shay is facing. Standing behind Dr. O'Shay's back he speaks....

T: “Your problem would seem to be in the prime cortex emulator.”

O: “What?” (turning around). “Oh it's you, Umataro. Good morning! Yes! I think you're right!”

T: “You'd have seen it eventually. That model never did have enough reasoning capacity to solve the kind of problems for the service that those units were eventually sold for. Don't you hate it when marketing outguesses the engineering department, and then does things their way?”

O: “A loosing battle that I've been fighting here for years!”

T: “Maybe that's something I can change, given enough time.”

O: “Certainly something that the next director will have to deal with.”

T: “Exactly! But I didn't come in here to discuss Ministry politics or robot design. I was actually looking for you to ask a personal question.”

O: “Really. What is it?”

T: “I know you are a bachelor, but you do have a few brothers and sisters. I have a brother, and little experience in family matters.”

O: “So what is your problem? How can I help?”

T: “Well actually, it's a good thing, I just found out last night that my wife and I are expecting a child.”

O: “Congratulations! Oh, let me guess, you're worried about being a father, right?”

T: “Yes. Exactly. Also my wife has some distant Greek relatives, so she might want me to ask someone this … Would you like to be the child's God Father?”

O: “Yes, I'd be honored.”
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 10 years ago

[Inspired by personal experience with marketing departments, Tetsuwan Penguin? :lol: ]

T: "Do you like children?"

O: "Absolutely! I've sponsored a primary school, where I try to share my passion for science. One of my best friend is a teacher there. You should see the eyes of the children after some of my lectures!"

T: "I didn't know you were interested in such community activities."

O: "It's important! You have to admit that our ministry is rather costly. We need to remind taxpayers how fascinating and useful our work is!"

Tenma had always been so focused on work - but only his own. He had the vague sense that O'Shay had that he didn't have, but quickly forgot the thought. Or at least, he tried to.

O: "Perhaps you would like to get involved, too? I'm sure you could make them dream too, and I could present you my friend."

T: "Oh, I'd be honored to meet him."

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

O: Well then how about you and your wife meet with us for dinner tomorrow night?

T: Uh...I don't know about that. Hoshie's schedule is always so unpredictable-

O: Well then, get back to me on it. Okay?

T: Right.

O: Good then; I'll see you later then.

T: Yes, you too.

(O'Shay waves to Tenma while he makes his way out the door. Tenma waves back, only to give an agitated sigh once the good doctor is out of his sight)

Astro Forever
Administrator

[How should I call Shunsaku Ban? He was Wally Kisaragi in the 2003 series, but would that be confusing? I will edit later if you prefer another name.]

O'Shay started thinking about his old friend and decided to visit him that the following day anyway, even without Tenma.

B: Hey, my friend, how are you doing? Want something to drink?

O: Hum, okay... just a little bit, please.

B: So, how is it going at the ministry?

O: Oh, I have a new colleague. He is amazingly talented!

B: Oh nice, he must be happy to be able to work with you!

O: I don't know, he is nice, but he seems a bit distant. He likes to work by himself. And to be honest... keep it to yourself, but I've heard rumors that he might replace Dr. Pavillion. I think one needs to be efficient in interacting with people for this position, and I'm not sure about him.

B: Would you like the position?

O: Oh, I sure would. I have a lot of ideas to make things better. But, they might not be what they are looking for...
Last edited by Astro Forever on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: switched to 'B' for "Ban".

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

I usually use Mustacheo.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

I usually use Ban, though I also like the name Wally Kisagari. I'm fine with Ban, but if everyone wants to call him Mustachio, I'm cool with that.

Astro Forever
Administrator

I'll go with Ban, then (I switched the letter because it made no sense to use the first name since we used the last name for the other characters). Perhaps we could make him impersonate someone else at one point and bring back a couple of his other names. :p

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Alright then, Ban it is!

O: Well...Yes, but-

B: So what are you waiting for? Start showing how serious you are; kiss up to the guy if you have to!

O: I can't do that! Besides, Pavillion is already a little unstable to begin with, and I can't just abandon Tenma in the middle of all of this.

Astro Forever
Administrator

B: Abandon Tenma? What do you owe him?

O: Hmm, nothing, really... but I think he can do great things in the future, and it would be a shame if his talent was spoiled because of Pavillion.

B: My friend, let me tell you... you are just too good! You are the one who will spoil your talent... How many opportunities will you miss?

O'Shay paused. "You have a point", he said. "But this isn't a place where you can press too hard."

Ban shook his head, and drank the reminder of his beverage. O'Shay left quietly.

Return to “Games & Role Play”