Ask the next person a question

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 8 years ago

I don’t really have a best (too new to the whole business), but I do have a most memorable.
While I mostly do video editing, I also do some odd jobs as a camera man for concert videos. There was this one time I was brought in to shoot a concert along with a crew of five to six people, all of which were operating cameras. The concert was the usual type of thing, with food, drinks, and of course alcohol. This one crew had already found the alcohol.
They were all as smashed as can be, like some of them couldn’t even carry a sentence without getting into an alcohol driven guffaw. Out of what was basically the whole crew, I was the only one not drinking. The idea of a bunch of drunkards attempting to operate cameras that were higher grade than mine concerned me slightly, since some of them were using Reds and BlackMagics even. While there were no loud “hic”s or abrupt belches during the shoot, the restrooms were left quite occupied. One drunken camera man after another, they all ran to the restroom at the drop of a hat. More often than not I was the only man left on the stage filming, and by order I was stuck filming the bassist.

The day closed out, and the equally drunken director (who was supposed to pay me) left the shoot without leaving a dime, I guess it was because I was an “insignificant kid” or whatever.

Why did the three headed political figure turned musician cross the road with a suitcase containing exactly four and a half rubber ducks?
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

"EyeOdyssey" wrote:I don’t really have a best (too new to the whole business), but I do have a most memorable.

While I mostly do video editing, I also do some odd jobs as a camera man for concert videos. There was this one time I was brought in to shoot a concert along with a crew of five to six people, all of which were operating cameras. The concert was the usual type of thing, with food, drinks, and of course alcohol. This one crew had already found the alcohol.

They were all as smashed as can be, like some of them couldn’t even carry a sentence without getting into an alcohol driven guffaw. Out of what was basically the whole crew, I was the only one not drinking. The idea of a bunch of drunkards attempting to operate cameras that were higher grade than mine concerned me slightly, since some of them were using Reds and BlackMagics even. While there was no loud “hic”s or abrupt belches during the shoot, the restrooms were left quite occupied. One drunken camera man after another, they all ran to the restroom at the drop of a hat. More often than not I was the only man left on the stage filming, and by order I was stuck filming the bassist.

The day closed out, and the equally drunken director (who was supposed to pay me) left the shoot without leaving a dime, I guess it was because I was an “insignificant kid” or whatever.

Wow, that has to be the most bizarre event I have ever read, concerning a video crew. It seems to be that the crew had done this before and that they were all in it together, not taking anything seriously. And not getting paid, I have seen something like this happen to a mate of mine who is a Photographer’s Assistant, after he had to deal with a very rude photographer. I am sorry to hear you did not get paid, that sucks. :(

Although, it must have been pretty funny seeing a bunch of drunk camera men trying to operate a camera and record footage. I bet the footage looked like crap. :lol:

"EyeOdyssey" wrote:Why did the three headed political figure turned musician cross the road with a suitcase containing exactly four and a half rubber ducks?

I tried to cheat on this question and I wish I never copied and pasted the question into Google. The results, where… not suitable for this forum, at all. Must have been certain keywords in the question. :lol:

I have a feeling this question is for those who know something about music, seems like it has something to do with a musical instrument. Am I even remotely close?

---

Do you believe in a higher being?
Last edited by CommanderEVE on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

"EyeOdyssey" wrote:I don’t really have a best (too new to the whole business), but I do have a most memorable.
They were all as smashed as can be, like some of them couldn’t even carry a sentence without getting into an alcohol driven guffaw. Out of what was basically the whole crew, I was the only one not drinking. The idea of a bunch of drunkards attempting to operate cameras that were higher grade than mine concerned me slightly, since some of them were using Reds and BlackMagics even. While there were no loud “hic”s or abrupt belches during the shoot, the restrooms were left quite occupied. One drunken camera man after another, they all ran to the restroom at the drop of a hat. More often than not I was the only man left on the stage filming, and by order I was stuck filming the bassist.

Why did the three headed political figure turned musician cross the road with a suitcase containing exactly four and a half rubber ducks?

OK, that brings THIS to mind.
I know it has nothing to do with the question, but it is probably just as far off the wall.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

gokaiblue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby gokaiblue » 8 years ago

"CommanderEVE" wrote:

Yes. I'm a Christian and am trying to follow Him the best that I can.

When did you truly consider yourself an adult?

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

"gokaiblue" wrote:[QUOTE=CommanderEVE;239694]

Yes. I'm a Christian and am trying to follow Him the best that I can.

When did you truly consider yourself an adult?[/QUOTE]

Looking back I realize that growing up involved gradually taking on more responsibility and becoming more independent. I realized that the meaning of being an adult was to be able to take care of one's self and even to be able to take care of someone who was not able to do so. While by the time I started college I had probably reached that point, I suppose the moment had really arrived for me after I had graduated from college and moved to the Boston area where I had my own apartment for the first time. (I was still living with my parents while attending college).

I realize that some of the members here may not be old enough yet to answer this one, but how old were you when you had your first 'crush' (romantic infatuation)? (And for those whose minds are in the gutter, I do NOT mean what YOU THINK!).
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

My home page

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:I realize that some of the members here may not be old enough yet to answer this one, but how old were you when you had your first 'crush' (romantic infatuation)?

The first legit crush that I remember having was in 10th grade. It was a girl in my health class. In hindsight, I realize now that it was a superficial, puppy dog type of crush. Being the introvert that I was (and still am), I never had the guts to actually go and talk to her. It was for the best I think.

What's the worst movie you ever saw?

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 8 years ago

Two words, Woodchipper Massacre. That film is so incompetently made that it's surrealistically enjoyable. In spite of its slightly morbid title, Woodchipper Massacre is a corny 1980s teen drama that feels more like a botched Zoom sketch than it does an actual thriller. It's shot entirely on VHS, and said quality mixed with the zany keyboard demo music gives it even more of that "just taped from TV after school special" vibe. I half expect a moral about recycling to pop up in the middle of the film after the fifty something car shots from the scene prior.
I've seen quite a few shot on video films that were able to pull off the look quite well, this is not one of those films at all.

Do you listen to stand up comedy often? If so, who is your favorite stand up comedian?
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Oh it's been a while since I watched stand up comedy. But I do have a favorite. Gallagher. How could you NOT like someone swinging a huge sledgehammer on top of a watermelon?
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

My home page

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:How could you NOT like someone swinging a huge sledgehammer on top of a watermelon?

I doubt this was the question you intended you ask, but I agree, you gotta love amusing stuff like a comedian smashing a watermelon with a sledgehammer. :lol:

Who's that Pokémon?

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

It's Kimba!

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Return to “Games & Role Play”