Can you teach me how to speak japanese

A forum to discuss in any language, not necessarily in English.
racoonangel
Robot President

Can you teach me how to speak japanese

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

I've already learned a bit in Japanese if you know how to speak, read, and write japanese could you teach me. I'd like to know how to read it as well, I know some simple greeting and such but I now how to spell them but only using the english letter print, like hello= Ohayo gozaimas

Thank you = Arigatou

your welcome = dou itashimashite

nice to meet you = hajimemashite

What about you= Anata wa dou desuka

Can you speak english=Eigo ga hanasemaseka

I can speak a liitle japanese= Watashi was sukoshi nihongo ga hanasemasu

I'm from ( country )= Watashi wa (country) no syusshindesu

I'm ( age) years old: watashi wa ( age) sai desu

that's all I know if you guys can help me with further learning the language that would be great, and well appreciated
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

spartanx01
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: Sector 626, The Anime & Gaming District Of Metro City

Postby spartanx01 » 11 years ago

Baka: idiot
Bakana: impossible
Ryu: Dragon

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

Japanese isn't meant to be learned in Romanji.

In order to truly learn the language, you have to understand kanji, katanaka, and hiragana. Otherwise, its not going to help you in understanding communication, signs, or even watching the japanese version of Astro Boy.

I wonder if anyone here knows the language.
Last edited by Fuzzy Pickles! on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"spartanx01" wrote:Baka: idiot
Bakana: impossible
Ryu: Dragon

Baka can also be translated as "Fool".
During WWII the Japanese built a rocket powered plane that was actually a piloted missile. They called it the Baka. Guess they didn't have much faith in it (it didn't work) and the pilots who flew it were fools (or idiots).

I don't know how accurate the fan subs are in translation, but after watching Black Jack and Astro Boy I can sometimes pick up a few spoken words. I wonder if our Public Library has any copies of Rosetta Stone for Japanese?
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Rokku-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astro-Rokku-chan » 11 years ago

I'm the same as you, racoonangel, I know a teeny bit just from watching anime and listening to a lot of J-pop, but its all romanized and not the actual Kanji. :S

I am planning on going into linguistics, so hopefully Japanese will be one of the languages I learn. :)
.:.:.:.
"Nya... the lord of darkness just became our roommate!!"

spartanx01
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: Sector 626, The Anime & Gaming District Of Metro City

Postby spartanx01 » 11 years ago

That's where I've learned it. My family asks me why I watch anime in Japanese. And I tell them "I'm learning it." Somethings I know, aren't used in conversations with work. Like Zangetsu which means "Cutting Moon Fang" or Tensa Zangetsu which means in full "Heavenly Chained Cutting Moon Fang." Stuff like that, but I do know a few conversational words. Like Nani meaning "what."

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

Hello all.

I have been studying Japanese on and off for a while. But most of the resources I use require being able to read at least hiragana and katakana.

Even so, here are some tools I hope will be useful:
手書きブログ(Handwritten Blog) - Great for practicing reading other people's real handwriting, and writing your own. (Pages that might be of interest: Osamu Tezuka tag, Astro Boy tag, diary entries.)
JapaneseClass.JP - A website to practice vocabulary. It works kind of like an RPG, and once you get to level 5, it'll test your reading skills with online news articles as well. You need an account to record your process, but you can take the hiragana and katakana tests without an account here.
Jouyou kanji list - Jouyou kanji are kanji which are commonly in daily use.
Tangorin - A Japanese/English dictionary I use a lot because it provides example sentences.
Lang-8 - A site to write journals in a language you are learning, native speakers will correct your grammar and whatnot to help you improve. This is not for beginners though.
Tae Kim's Guide to Learning Japanese - What it says on the tin.
Tofugu - A blog that talks a lot about Japanese culture. This site also has a few language learning tips, including body language.
Jump-Start Japanese - I have not checked this blog out thoroughly yet, but from a glimse it does seem quite useful.

Ganbatte kudasai. :)

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

Thanks for the resource. I really appreciate them. Now I need to start practicing again.

あえいおう

Just the vowels of the hiragana characters, but it might be good time for me to practice now with some nice Japanese music.

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

No problem.

Personally I am having trouble with kanji. :lol: It's hard to stick in my head. My grammar isn't too good either, I've been focusing on vocabulary building more than anything else.

Here's a few more:
How To Pronounce The Japanese "R" Sound - Entertaining yet useful YouTube video for pronouncing ら, り, る, etc.
Japanese lessons - Simple beginners stuff.
Denshi Jisho - Another dictionary site.
Anki - A spaced repetition software, good for memorizing vocabulary. It can even be used on phones.
Rikaichan - A Firefox extension, it's a dictionary that will tell you the meaning of Japanese words when you put your mouse over them.
Rikaikun - The Chrome version of Rikaichan.
Installing Asian text - For seeing and/or typing it.

Astro-Rokku-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astro-Rokku-chan » 11 years ago

Wow! These are awesome! Have to check some of them out :)
.:.:.:.

"Nya... the lord of darkness just became our roommate!!"

Return to “Multilingual forum”