What is your favourite version of astroboy

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Bender the Sniper
Metro City Citizen

Postby Bender the Sniper » 14 years ago

"stoogefreaky" wrote:I loved the 2003 series but after watching the 80s, I thought the 80s was better. Astro in the 2003 one sounds weird after watching the 80s one.

They should've hired Billie Lou Watt to do Astro in the '03 series, had she not died 2 years earlier.

I think the 80s version is the winner.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
ATLAS - The #1 threat to Japan.

I'll be back.

Avatar painted by Bryan Lee O'Malley.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

That's a tricky question. I think things from each version, but then I have my tiny dislikes as well. Erm....I KNOW!

1963 Astro
Likes: First ever version of Astro in anime format! :3 Totally dig the squeaky boots and his strong sense of justice.
Dislikes:Prefered voice actor in early episodes, sometimes he was drawn funny but forgivable since it is the 60's x3

1980 Astro
Likes: SO CUUUUTE! I just wanna adopt and take him home with meee!
Dislikes: TOO CUUUUTE! He gets pushed around, shot at and hit in the head with a bottle. Too much of a pansy. :cry:

2003 Astro
Likes: Arm cannon is cool, Astro's a sweetheart (Japanese only >.<) yet a determined hero who is a pacifist, rather seeking the peace than war.
Dislikes: They censored the machine guns and Astro isn't allowed to punch or kick, he just swerves and dodges attacks like a ballerina :shifty:

2009 Astro
Likes:...(hugs) I love you :cry: I really really love you! And Freddie Highmore for voicing you, but don't tell him that okay? :whistling:
Dislikes: Should've shown his classic costume a bit more for the sake of the fans, would've prefered he looked more robotic, but hey interesting concept being made human no less.

Pluto Astro
Likes:...(eye twitches) I have no comment, I like the plot of Pluto but I just don't like the art style, the characters are no longer them and it doesn't feel like a Tezuka world...>.<
Dislikes: YOU'RE NOT ASTRO YOU'RE AN IMPOSTER! :d oh: (chases him down with a chainsaw)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 14 years ago

I like the 1980's so far. ;0

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 14 years ago

My favorite version is the original 1960s U.S. dubbed animated version, because for me it has the best combination of humor and drama! While I have come to like each version of "TetsuWan Atom(u)", the 1960s anime was the one that Dr. Tezuka was closest to in its production and Fred Ladd and staff had just the right mixture of humor and pathos in their adaptations to make "Atom" now rechristened "Astro Boy" popular outside of Japan and to the rest of the world! And remember punlike names are inherent in "TetsuWan Atom"! After all the villians have names like "Ham Egg" and "Skunk" in the original Japanese (using English words as what they call "borrow words") and the orignal English version has characters with names like "Mr. Pinchpenny", for a corrupt businessman, "General Windybag" for a blowhard of a military man and Lieutenant Spit'n'polish, as his aide!

I :heart: :astro: :)
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

hi- i love all versions of ASTRO BOY- I CAN'T PICK ONE- I AM a fangirl FAN who fell in love with ASTRO BOY- he is so sweet and cute

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”