@Rick
lol, forbidin LOVE? *winks*
FANBOI'S RULE~ :heart:
[sigpic][/sigpic] Find me online!! :D AtomXKoisuru@Youtube
Rebel-Pupcoon@DeviantART

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

I got an idea, what if we animated a fan writing that someone already made? Like one of Alittleacorns or Ghosts or another writers (sorry if I didn't mention your name and you wrote something, I don't mean to exclude you)?

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

For the original topic; if I could make an Astro Boy movie... I wouldn't know where to start, ahaha. But a plot involving Atlas is definitely one direction I would take.

I would really love to see a fan-movie or short mini series, it's always interesting to see how fans could go about creating such an ambitious project. But as mentioned earlier, I do agree team work can be the most difficult part of a project sometimes.

GLAB, I really like your idea of using an already written story.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

:w00t: Satus you should totally help draw if we ever get this going. Your an amazing artist.

Satus
Robot President

Aw, thanks. Although it seems it wasn't decided whether it's going to be 2D or 3D.

Although, some cartoons combine the two. Using both would be really cool, if the 3D can manage not to stick out like a sore thumb too much. Some shows pull it off well, and some make the 3D really obvious...

And maybe I could use some of the knowledge I've gained from books and documentaries about animation. That info is just sitting there in my head, never being used. The way a comic is altered for animation is especially interesting to me. Seeing how they alter scenes a little bit to fit animation better is pretty cool. I tried it once with one of my own comics, it's difficult.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

@Satus; Yes it is difficult, but that is were team work comes in :D

Satus
Robot President

Yeah. : ) But if it does get off the ground I would like to see how I can help. I've always wanted to make a more polished animation, but being one person makes that very hard.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Satus I highly recommend checking out Ghost's "Astro Boy 2085" - a completed short novel that has been sent to Tezuka Productions for consideration (and a whole bunch of us have our fingers crossed).

Ghost has actually combined elements of all three anime and the 2009 movie, and presented a very unusual retelling of Astro Boy's "origin story" with a terrific surprise twist at the end. It's more gritty and realistic than anything "Astro" before (except for the Pluto manga buy Urusawa).

In addition to animation, you could be essential in connecting with Tezuka in helping with some translation to make communications with Tezuka Productions easier (believe it or not, they have few to none that are fluent in English!!).

I know Ghost would love to see this novel also presented as manga or anime, so you two should get to know each other! If you have Skype, he's one of a bunch of us who talk to each other that way, too.

Here's a link to his 2085 thread. The whole, finished work is on fanfiction.net.

http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5470&highlight=2085
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Satus I highly recommend checking out Ghost's "Astro Boy 2085" - a completed short novel that has been sent to Tezuka Productions for consideration (and a whole bunch of us have our fingers crossed).

Ghost has actually combined elements of all three anime and the 2009 movie, and presented a very unusual retelling of Astro Boy's "origin story" with a terrific surprise twist at the end. It's more gritty and realistic than anything "Astro" before (except for the Pluto manga buy Urusawa).

In addition to animation, you could be essential in connecting with Tezuka in helping with some translation to make communications with Tezuka Productions easier (believe it or not, they have few to none that are fluent in English!!).

I know Ghost would love to see this novel also presented as manga or anime, so you two should get to know each other! If you have Skype, he's one of a bunch of us who talk to each other that way, too.

Here's a link to his 2085 thread. The whole, finished work is on fanfiction.net.

http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5470&highlight=2085

That's a very old thread for rough drafts I used. Those are crappy versions, so please don't look over there! And I'm not really posting the story on here anymore. I'm too lazy to divide a single chapter to 2 or 3 posts. :lol:

Status, if you or anyone else is interested in it. You can read the entire story here.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6379433/1/Astro_Boy_2085

Satus
Robot President

Okay. I checked it out now (on ff.net). I really liked the story for the most part (can't make a full judgement, only up to chapter 11), I loved the plot and the pacing. But the way the characters talked was a bit strange? I guess I'm just not used to expecting the characters to use bad language. But apart from that I was really hooked and lost myself in the reading. And yes, I was seeing some of the similarities to those previous cartoons.

Hopefully I'll tell you my full thoughts on it when I am finished, Ghost, I do like it. I literally sat reading it for 4 hours straight, it was that entertaining. The last story to make me read that deeply online was probably around 2009.

The language barrier is unfortunate, I don't know if it should be surprising or not.

A comic? Funny you should mention that, AprilSeven. For a long time I've wanted to make a comic using someone else's story, but I had never found one that I would want to draw. I don't know if Ghost would like my comic drawing style, but it would be a tempting project if he allowed it.

I have a Skype account, but when I make Skype calls, it tends to cut off a lot for some reason, the longest I've ever managed to hold it up is half an hour for a group call. Although I prefer to type than talk anyway.

Mm, I noticed those were old roughs, Ghost. So I went straight to the ff.net version, haha.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”