Who's your favorite vilian from Astro Boy (or ANY Tezuka story)?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astrogirl500
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astrogirl500 » 11 years ago

I agree with you,SOPikaMeowMeow!
An days,i've make a montage on Skunk from 2003;he take a bath :) : Coeur:: Coeur:: Coeur:

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 11 years ago

I can tell how much you like Skunk, Astrogirl. He's a great villain. :)

Astrogirl500
Rocket Ball Champion

yeah,it's a great villain he deserves we seen him more at others mangas and animes!!! :heart:

ps : GREAT!It's my 100th message at the begining i'm on the forum!!

AstroJulian
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroJulian » 11 years ago

Lamp is my favorite ...
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Astrogirl500
Rocket Ball Champion

Spoiler alert (since this is a relatively recent manga in English)

"AstroJulian" wrote:Lamp is my favorite ...

Yes i like him too;i'm sad when Lamp loses his daughter Rosa (on The Story from 3 Adolf) because she was violated unfairly by the heros (sohei toge) and she commits suicide after this horrible thing.

I hate TOGE!! : Mad:: Mad:: Mad:
Last edited by Astro Forever on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added Spoiler alert in the title :)

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

It really was a different role for Lamp(e) as a Gestapo agent, but one that fit him perfectly. Even though it was a more serious role (and he was drawn more real-life like than in any other Tezuka manga I've ever seen) he STILL gets to sprout his famous candle here and there (and in one scene another character commented about it!). I liked his final scene where he assassinates der Fuehrer rather than let him take his own life.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

Astrogirl500, you could give a spoiler alert.

EDIT: and possibly kscharf as well but at least that one was well preceded so I could stop reading in time.
I'm on Twitter.

Astrogirl500
Rocket Ball Champion

Sorry.I don't understand what you would saying,F-Man.....?: Doute:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

"Astrogirl500" wrote:Sorry.I don't understand what you would saying,F-Man.....?: Doute:

A spoiler comes from the verb to spoil, meaning "gâcher" in French, such as "gâcher la surprise." You just revealed a powerful moment of Tezuka's Adolf story with no warning like *SPOILER ALERT* before saying it. I'm just glad I've already read that part. Pretty sure I haven't seen the part in kscharf's post yet though.
I'm on Twitter.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

F-Man: Sorry 'bout that, but I don't think we gave away enough of the important plot to really spoil the read. Adolf is a very well written graphic novel with lots of plot elements involving at least a dozen characters. One thing that did surprise me was that the good doctor didn't draw himself into the action as he usually does and there were really only two of his star system characters in it. I'll let you read it to find the other one.

A few days after I finished it I ran into a bunch of old war time Disney, MGM, and Popeye cartoons on Youtube. The Disney anti-Nazi cartoons were just as biting as Tezuka's Adolf. The Popeye cartoons were set in the Pacific and their depiction of the Japanese just as racially incorrect as Tezuka's depiction of blacks, though Tezuka wasn't trying to be racial while the animators of Popeye during the war most certainly were. (And American animators of the '30 through '50's were just as guilty in how they depicted blacks).

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”