Astro Boy PS2 Game

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
the olaf
Kokoro Robot

Postby the olaf » 20 years ago

Cool feature about the Astro Boy PS2 game that just came out in Japan.

It's been more than 50 years since Astro Boy made his debut as a peripheral character in the late Osamu Tezuka's comic strip Captain Atom. Influenced by the creations of Walt Disney, Tezuka created an extraordinarily vast body of work that has in turn influenced a legion of Japanese manga artists, like Shotaro Ishinomori (Cyborg 009) and Mitsuteru Yokoyama (Gigantor). While Tezuka's massive canon boasts such popular characters as Jungle Emperor Leo (aka Kimba the White Lion), Dororo (the subject of Sega's upcoming game Blood Will Tell), and Black Jack, as well as the source material for the modern anime masterpiece Metropolis, Astro Boy remains his defining character. How fitting then that Sega is primed to unleash not one, but two Astro Boy games: one for PlayStation 2, by Sonic Team; the other, a GBA collaboration between Sega's Hitmaker crew and the legendary development team Treasure.

GMR Story

tinlunlau
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby tinlunlau » 20 years ago

Originally posted by the olaf@Mar 18 2004, 12:37 PM
Cool feature about the Astro Boy PS2 game that just came out in Japan.

[b]
It's been more than 50 years since Astro Boy made his debut as a peripheral character in the late Osamu Tezuka's comic strip Captain Atom. Influenced by the creations of Walt Disney, Tezuka created an extraordinarily vast body of work that has in turn influenced a legion of Japanese manga artists, like Shotaro Ishinomori (Cyborg 009) and Mitsuteru Yokoyama (Gigantor). While Tezuka's massive canon boasts such popular characters as Jungle Emperor Leo (aka Kimba the White Lion), Dororo (the subject of Sega's upcoming game Blood Will Tell), and Black Jack, as well as the source material for the modern anime masterpiece Metropolis, Astro Boy remains his defining character. How fitting then that Sega is primed to unleash not one, but two Astro Boy games: one for PlayStation 2, by Sonic Team; the other, a GBA collaboration between Sega's Hitmaker crew and the legendary development team Treasure.

GMR Story [/b]

i own the GBA game and have played the ps2 game.

they're both really great games.
my only complaint about the GBA game is, it's really easy and there's not enough levels. since i do not have a ps2, i only got to play a bit of the ps2 game and never got to into great lengths to completing the game.

Fasty
Metro City Citizen

Postby Fasty » 20 years ago

This is brilliant news! Hope it is released in "English (UK)" speaking countries soon!

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 20 years ago

One of the more interesting levels.... You have to catch Denkou and remove the "Bomb Belt" before it goes off!!! :wahah: :wahah: :wahah:

Some gameplay

Astro vs The Venus Robots
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 20 years ago

Looks great, is the game play similar to the 3D Zeldas ?
If it is the case, it could convince me to buy a PS2 :P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby -Nick- » 20 years ago

Same! Whats the gameplay like any1 know? If its going to be a lame attempt to make an astro game then i won't bother with it..I'd have to get a PS2 aswell though so yeah....

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 20 years ago

Don't suppose anyone knows where I could view the 'trailers' or 'teasers' or whatever you with to call them in a proper format. that being avi or mgg. Anything 'real' is not worth battling the codecs and software to view them. How the hell Real Player and its associated headaches still survives in these days of far superior and more stable formats is beyond me.

The stills provided here look quite interesting I must say.

I Know i will buy the game when it is released here in australia, but that was a given.
The fact that it exists is enough for me to buy it.
three and a half years.. for what?

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Originally posted by Danny@May 9 2004, 06:11 PM
Don't suppose anyone knows where I could view the 'trailers' or 'teasers' or whatever you with to call them in a proper format. that being avi or mgg. Anything 'real' is not worth battling the codecs and software to view them. How the hell Real Player and its associated headaches still survives in these days of far superior and more stable formats is beyond me.

The stills provided here look quite interesting I must say.

I Know i will buy the game when it is released here in australia, but that was a given.
The fact that it exists is enough for me to buy it.

I had to get the Denkou chase from Gamespot... Which is not free. As far as real player, they still have a free version of Real player that does not cost one dime. And this is streaming. I exported this from Quicktime, which I paid for, so I have Quicktime pro... Real is not a hassle.

GIR
Metro City Citizen

Postby GIR » 20 years ago

Anyone wanting to preserve their sanity by NOT installing any RealPlayer, but want to watch RealVideos can do so now by getting the Real Alternative pack, this pack will allow you to watch RealVideos in WMP without the "headaches associated" with RealPlayer, yes it is magical :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”