Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 19 years ago

:P

Thank you, you're too kind.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Sep 5 2005, 07:52 PM
I have a pic of this somewhere on my PC, but not where I expect it to be. But, anyway Uranium is skipping merrily along, Christmas star in hand, la la la-ing Jingle Bells. Behind her are windows that are frosted for lack of double panes. Now, as the series was set in the 21st century, I would say that the frosted windows were a bit odd. ;)

:lol: As is the inside of Astro's chest panel in the 60s!

Another similar thing I found funny in the 1980 series is in The Rainbow Comet, as the children put what looks like a VCR tape to watch the lesson recorded by Elefun. It should have been a DVD! :P

As for the above mistake found by DrFrag, I think it explains how Daddy Walrus could manage to repair Astro so easily: remove every inside piece that could be the cause of the problem and everything will work! :wahah:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Sep 5 2005, 08:06 PM
As for the above mistake found by DrFrag, I think it explains how Daddy Walrus could manage to repair Astro so easily: remove every inside piece that could be the cause of the problem and everything will work! :wahah:

You mean like this?
:lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by jeffbert+Sep 5 2005, 09:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jeffbert @ Sep 5 2005, 09:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You mean like this?
:lol: [/b]

Yes! :lol: Daddy Walrus must have had practiced with this one previously! (Sorry if my verb tense sounds weird, I don't know how to say it... :unsure: )

Let me use this opportunity to paste again what I thought was the best quote in the whole caption thread:

<!--QuoteBegin--Guest_dannavy85
@Sep 19 2004, 12:52 PM
To: The Project Atom Staff

Subject: New training program

Dear project members,

Due to budget cuts we have been forced to downscale the training of new technicians for repairing Astro. I think this method is more accurate.

Signed O'Shay

To: Doctor O'Shay

Subject: I'm running away bye bye

Dear Doctor,

Saw your new training idea. Uh uh uh not for me!....taking Jump, hooking up with Reno and joining the Robot Circus. If you want to find me you can contact Davy Hansen and his dog Golliath.

Astro
[/quote]

:wahah:

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Astro Forever
Administrator

As I watched Save the Carolina 3, it almost looked like Sam's hand had slapped Gene, so I took a closer look. The angle changes before Sam passes Gene so there is no slap (though it looks like it was about to happen! :P ), but it allowed me to notice the following mistake: in a frame or two, Sam's hand is behind Gene while Sam is still in front of him.

Then, a little bit later:

I hope Alvin's shoes are fireproof! :P Also, if you look closely where Astro's right arm gets hidden by Alvin, behind the arm and Alvin's cap actually, we see a little bit of the green sweater, which is kind of strange given Alvin's arms position.

BTW, Alvin must have very strong abdominal muscles to be able to hold this position! :wacko:

Spiffy Knight
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spiffy Knight » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever+Sep 6 2005, 11:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Astro forever @ Sep 6 2005, 11:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -jeffbert@Sep 5 2005, 09:17 PM
You mean like this?

Yes! :lol: Daddy Walrus must have had practiced with this one previously! (Sorry if my verb tense sounds weird, I don't know how to say it... :unsure: )

Let me use this opportunity to paste again what I thought was the best quote in the whole caption thread:

Dear project members,

Due to budget cuts we have been forced to downscale the training of new technicians for repairing Astro. I think this method is more accurate.

Signed O'Shay

Dear Doctor,

Saw your new training idea. Uh uh uh not for me!....taking Jump, hooking up with Reno and joining the Robot Circus. If you want to find me you can contact Davy Hansen and his dog Golliath.

Astro

:wahah: [/b][/quote]
Holy Crap!! there's a Astro boy Operation Game?!?!?!??! I soooo want it....

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

So would I! :P
At least it great for your favorite character! :D
Compare that to the Shrek Operation game. :lol:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Spiffy Knight+Sep 6 2005, 09:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spiffy Knight @ Sep 6 2005, 09:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Astro forever@Sep 6 2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by -jeffbert@Sep 5 2005, 09:17 PM
[b]You mean like this?

Dear project members,

Signed O'Shay

Dear Doctor,

Astro

:wahah: [/b]

Holy Crap!! there's a Astro boy Operation Game?!?!?!??! I soooo want it.... [/b][/quote]
I found this pic on a Japanese yahoo auctions site a few years ago. I did try to find information about this by searching on google, but no results. :cry:

Astro Forever
Administrator

I remembered something else about Marine Express. Before Adam went into the controls room of the train, he was damaged; I think his chest door was broken/missing. But he was in perfect condition afterwards. :huh: We never got any explanation for this one. Given the emergency, I don't know who took the time to repair him or with which materials it could have been done, not to mention that Nazenkoppu (Ochanomizu) wasn't well enough to do it.

Speaking of Nazenkoppu, what ultimately happened to him? :wacko: I don't remember him dying or getting out of the train.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”