Talk about all things Astro Boy!
astroboykickedmyass
Metro City Citizen

Postby astroboykickedmyass » 20 years ago

the english dubb on the ftp is diff from that of the kids wb one

Jarx Xun
Metro City Citizen

Postby Jarx Xun » 20 years ago

It's not too bad. It's still pretty good because it IS Astroboy. I would rather watch a properly subbed version of the Japanese cartoon however. I love Atom's voice in the japanese anime, and I like the new music especially the beginning music.
Bad karma bleeding over years of hate, I finally encounter the Buddha. He sends the autumn of my life into the the winter of nothingness. The winter ice melts into clear water, my heart becomes clear in death.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

As much as I didn't actually like it though. I may just keep watching it to support it. I would still hate to see this fail. Even if they did butcher it.

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 20 years ago

Astropunk is more like it. Ugh that voice. I want to kick Astroboy's ass now.

I totally know what you guys are talking about now. I'm disappointed in it too. Astro isn't even Astro anymore. Astro's unique qualities have been replaced with cliched brattiness.

Spiffy Knight
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spiffy Knight » 20 years ago

Originally posted by DrFrag@Jan 21 2004, 11:57 AM
It's kind of ironic really. There have been complaints for years than violent cartoons negatively influence kids. Now it appears that violent kids are negatively influencing the cartoons! :wacko:

But Astro Boy had SO little effect on the "violence" issue, I watched it when I was a wee kid of.. 3 maybe 4, and I remember watching it. And it never warped my little mind because it was just so far fetched, it's not like I think I could fly, because I knew I didn't have the boots, and he was a robot, and all he did was throw things in the ocean and say "go to hell" a lot. But in compirason to shows today like Power Rangers... now that's a show they should take off the air... not because of it's bad acting/storyline/acting/dialogue in general. But because it's a violent show, and has no warning what so ever. Frig, a few years ago, 2 boys, age 10 or so.. Beat the crap out of a girl (I think they may have killed her, I'm not completely sure). BECAUSE! They were "playing" Power Rangers.

That's my rant...

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

Originally posted by wicked fierce@Jan 22 2004, 05:59 AM
Astropunk is more like it. Ugh that voice. [b]I want to kick Astroboy's ass now.

I totally know what you guys are talking about now. I'm disappointed in it too. Astro isn't even Astro anymore. Astro's unique qualities have been replaced with cliched brattiness. [/b]

I wouldn't call him a punk, or a brat. Just a wiseguy. But yeah. That's certainly not the voice I would've picked.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Frig, a few years ago, 2 boys, age 10 or so.. Beat the crap out of a girl (I think they may have killed her, I'm not completely sure). BECAUSE! They were "playing" Power Rangers.

Beauracrats are just waiting for highly publicized but isolatated incidents, so they can make more restrictions on people's liberties. :angry:

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

I think they were going for a voice that sounded like Ash from Pokemon, at least that's what it reminded me of.

Fobok
Kokoro Robot

Postby Fobok » 20 years ago

IMDB entry for Astro's voice

The Flea from Mucha Lucha. *sighs*

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”