Universal Pictures To Produce Pluto Live-Action Film

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

:w00t: :cry: :cry: :w00t: :astro: That was one of the best lines I've ever seen! What a perfect comment on privilege in the electro robotic age! Metro city! Western thought. It was perfect! I have one of those new spray bottles with the built in power supply and it's full of shower cleaner spray. Can there be anything more stupid than a robot smart bottle? a land fill full of plastic smart bottles calling out for refills! That scene was real! All the way! mountains of plastic and carbon fiber waste! when Astro fell into the bottomless pit of insane consumption, I knew I was looking at a masterpiece! An ocean of plastic waste choking every living thing that can't eat or grow on plastic. BRILLANT!
Last edited by cybotron on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

The whole spray bottle screamed "Americanized", something which I'm not too fond of. Or like, the kind of humor that you find in cheap CGI American films that sprout up every couple of months.

If the film had simpler humor, then there would probably be one less thing off about it.

But hey, it at least explained why 2009 Tobio's hair was exactly like Astro's.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:The whole spray bottle screamed "Americanized", something which I'm not too fond of. Or like, the kind of humor that you find in cheap CGI American films that sprout up every couple of months.

If the film had simpler humor, then there would probably be one less thing off about it.

It screamed Japan! It screamed China! Because that's where all the plastic will be molded! And that's where all the chips and circuits of madness will come from! Smart throwaways! :lol: Orphans that escape abortion and population control living on High tech garbage dumps! You think that's fake? Uh uh! That's Astros world and it's real! :o hmy:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"cybotron" wrote:[QUOTE=Dr. Jerk;108290]The whole spray bottle screamed "Americanized", something which I'm not too fond of. Or like, the kind of humor that you find in cheap CGI American films that sprout up every couple of months.

It screamed Japan! It screamed China! Because that's where all the plastic will be molded! And that's where all the chips and circuits of madness will come from! Smart throwaways! :lol: Orphans that escape abortion and population control living on High tech garbage dumps! You think that's fake? Uh uh! That's Astros world and it's real! :o hmy:[/QUOTE]

Okay that was extremely stereotypical and possibly racist.

I'm done talking about this.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

if any one wants i have a link to all of the Pluto manga scans
Unyongnekasayo

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:[QUOTE=cybotron;108291][QUOTE=Dr. Jerk;108290]The whole spray bottle screamed "Americanized", something which I'm not too fond of. Or like, the kind of humor that you find in cheap CGI American films that sprout up every couple of months.

It screamed Japan! It screamed China! Because that's where all the plastic will be molded! And that's where all the chips and circuits of madness will come from! Smart throwaways! :lol: Orphans that escape abortion and population control living on High tech garbage dumps! You think that's fake? Uh uh! That's Astros world and it's real! :o hmy:[/QUOTE]

Okay that was extremely stereotypical and possibly racist.

I'm done talking about this.[/QUOTE]
Run... That was Astroboy the Movie! That movie is social and political DYNAMITE!!!
What??? But where else can it be made? America is deindustrialized. Such things cannot be built here. Advanced Robots are coming from Japan. I don't have a racist molecule in my body! :lol: :lol: And how was I racist? Excuse me.... :wub:
Here is my work on the social and political etc.... Ramifications of Cyber life... :w00t:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Other than claiming that 'all plastic products' come from Asia, and other stuff. And you also fail to notice that many other countries have been advancing forward in robotics, and other scientific fields.

Whatever. I don't want to talk about political crud anyway.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

Not to mention political talk is against the rules.

cybotron, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say: Please don't make posts that are meant to be analyzed. It does not make for great conversation AT ALL.
I'm on Twitter.

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

"Astronomical girl" wrote:if any one wants i have a link to all of the Pluto manga scans

for any one whos interested
Unyongnekasayo

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"Astronomical girl" wrote:[QUOTE=Astronomical girl;108293]if any one wants i have a link to all of the Pluto manga scans

for any one whos interested[/QUOTE]

It's a nice offer, but no thanks.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”