Hooray! I found 1980s Daddy Walrus!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Faram45
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Faram45 » 14 years ago

I have never watched the Canada version before, I have only seen the US dub.
Last edited by Faram45 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

of the 80s series? A bit of it is on youtube
The Robots nobody wanted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooLwyen2c8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc0GPRUJEEk&feature=related
I love Astro's voice in this version ^^

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:of the 80s series? A bit of it is on youtube
The Robots nobody wanted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooLwyen2c8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc0GPRUJEEk&feature=related
I love Astro's voice in this version ^^

Thanks, Dragonrider -- it sounds like a boy actually voiced the part (of course, I must also admit, he sounds a little like CHARLIE BROWN! Good grief! :lol :) . I do prefer this voice and the movie voice for him. Thank you, Canada!

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 14 years ago

"Bob Gonzalez" wrote:Thanks, Astro Forever. Now I have some other episodes to add to my "watch first" list.

I have requested all the episodes from the 60s series that my county library has - and it seems to have a good number. These are the ones I grew up on and why I found it exciting to be chosen to voice the new color series in the early 1980s.

I like this forum a lot. Have any voice actors from the other later (not 1960s!) series posted any comments? So far, I've only seen Jay Rath's.

Brian and Becke have posted here. Dave, Paul and Patti know about it.

And I take back about finding everyone! Still have to find Kahlei and Debbie!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

Yes, Becke has posted here a few years ago. She also sent me a drawing made by Jay of the whole cast. :D Jay also provided us with many pictures! It must have been something to be a part of a series you watched as a child.

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bob Gonzalez » 14 years ago

Jay, Astro Forever, and anyone else interested:

How would I access the posts by Becke and Brian? I'd like to see what they mentioned.

Jay, I really think a good project would be a video making-of documentary of the voicing we did for this series with all remaining cast members. Absolutely crucial would be your copious notes to help jog the memories of all the other cast members (especially me!). I couldn't see too much of a problem getting permission from Nippon TV for this. It would not be any work for them and not be any infringement on the Astro Boy mythology. I think it would be great fun to do for all of us and I would think that all the fans of our version would be interested and maybe even fans of the other versions, too.

It wouldn't cost that much, I wouldn't think. It could be done on a shoestring. I would be glad to work on the videography and editing. What more would it cost than possibly a plane flight or two. Maybe it could even be done with people videoing their reminiscences and sending them in to us for editing.

What do you think? And, avid enthusiasts, feel free to chime in here all you want.

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

"Alittleacorn" wrote:
Well, I know you did the voice of the gold alien robot thingy in episode 50, so that's voice over number 1.

Alittleacorn, I watched episode 50, "The Greatest Robot in the World, Part I" and I could tell that I did not voice the golden alien robot but I did voice the brown, spinning robot before him, the one called Rotundo (I think). A brief cameo. The golden robot could have been Jay.

Maybe Jay can help me remember all my "guest roles," as he calls them, because Jay made notes of who played who for all episodes.

I did recognize Paul Nelson as Bruton and Kahlei Slick (I think) as Astro's and Uran's mother.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

I found 2 users containing the word "brian", but none of them have posted. On the other hand, I found 1 user containing the word "becke": vintagebecke. I'm not ure it is Becke, as this user's only post is this one.

Maybe they had posted as guests?
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

Thanks, Fafner. I'll check them out.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"Bob Gonzalez" wrote:I think it would be great fun to do for all of us and I would think that all the fans of our version would be interested and maybe even fans of the other versions, too.

I think it's a cool idea! :w00t:

"Bob Gonzalez" wrote:Alittleacorn, I watched episode 50, "The Greatest Robot in the World, Part I" and I could tell that I did not voice the golden alien robot

Sorry Bob, I meant episode 49 called 'World of Odin' not the episodes with the Great Robot in the World. Mega sorry. :hyo:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”