Hooray! I found 1980s Daddy Walrus!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 14 years ago

Which Astro Boy version are you both from? From the Canada one or the US one?
Any way , Its nice to meet you both. :) Always wanted to talk to a voice actor.
Wish there was more episodes in the 1980 series... :astro:

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 14 years ago

We're from the US 1980s series.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

Jay, Bob, there's something I drew for you guys a day or two ago...

The english dub wouldn't be the same without any of you guys. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 14 years ago

Awesome! :D

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

Jayrath would you mind telling about the voice actor on the epesode great meltdown dr elefun sounded like black jack in there :whistling:

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bob Gonzalez » 14 years ago

Fauna,

Thank you SO much for the cartoon you drew of Skunk and Daddy Walrus for Jay and me! That was so sweet and generous of you and the likenesses are fantastic. If you don't mind, I would like to post it as my profile picture on Facebook and tell my friends that you did this for us. Would that be OK?

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

"Alittleacorn" wrote:
Sorry Bob, I meant episode 49 called 'World of Odin' not the episodes with the Great Robot in the World. Mega sorry. :hyo:

No problem at all, Alittleacorn. And thanks for letting me know about episode 49. I'm looking forward to seeing that and hearing my voice. I do think it was me as the brown, spinning robot in episode 50, though and brief as it was, I enjoyed hearing a different quality of my voice and enjoyed that the director found a place for me in the end-of-season climatic episodes. Boy, I wish I had kept notes as copious as Jay's so I could remember who did who. I can identify some voices, especially characters that repeat, like Uran being Becke Wilenski and of course I knew Brian Parry as Dr. Elefun and I can always recognize Paul Nelson's voice because it was very distinctive and he was a very good friend of mine at the time.

Anyway, I let you know what I think about episode 49 as soon as I watch it.

Bob Gonzalez
Kokoro Robot

"Uran&Astro1980" wrote:Which Astro Boy version are you both from? From the Canada one or the US one?
Any way , Its nice to meet you both. :) Always wanted to talk to a voice actor.
Wish there was more episodes in the 1980 series... :astro:

It's very nice to meet you as well, Uran&Astro1980, especially since your name targets our decade. As Jay has offered, please feel free to ask any question you like. It may help to jog my memory. And I will post any significant memories that come to mind as I review all the episodes we made.

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm over our work. Up to a few years ago, I had thought I'd never even see the finished product. NOW to be in touch with wonderful people like yourself, who really appreciate the shows, it's really heaven for me and I know Jay feels the same way. So anything we could do for all of you, please let us know.

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

"Fauna" wrote:Jay, Bob, there's something I drew for you guys a day or two ago...

The english dub wouldn't be the same without any of you guys. :)

That's wonderful, Fauna! Thank you so much!

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

"Uran-chan" wrote:Jayrath would you mind telling about the voice actor on the epesode great meltdown dr elefun sounded like black jack in there :whistling:

Hello, Uran-Chan! Check the thread "Astro voice actor here." I wrote commentary for every show there, including notes on the actors. I'm afraid I don't remember without watching it again right now.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”