Favourite Pairings?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Space Flower
Kokoro Robot

Favourite Pairings?

Postby Space Flower » 6 years ago

Before we start, a few reminders:
-Please refrain from being mean to people over their ship, and understand not everyone likes the same thing as you.
-Also, please refrain from acting like your ship is superior, or the "only one that counts." (This reminder is here because I've seen it before that people either pretend my girl never existed when mentioning love interests, or they act as though her relationship was somehow "lesser" than another canon relationship. I'm sure no harm was meant by those people. Regardless, it's good to keep in mind how people who like other pairings would feel.)
:heart:

My favourite pairings are:
-Atlas x Livian - It's a Beauty and the Beast story. Atlas hates humans, but wants to protect Livian. Livian being a robot without the Omega Factor, wants to protect humans as well as robots, and she's helped out Astro at times. But she also cares for Atlas and sees goodness in him. She does have a positive influence, and in the end, he redeems himself. Also, I love that despite being a villain he has someone he genuinely loves.
-Astro x Lilly - I've tried many times to explain why I like this Astro pairing the most. I think the truest answer is that she brings out the best in him, and he brings out the best in her. Neither is entitled to one another, which is a breath of fresh air in 'guy rescues girl' pairings. The tragic ending strikes me especially hard since the 'cute, shy couple' usually tends to work out. Also, it's one of the few human/robot pairings in the show.

You can add platonic pairings too, if you like. My favourite platonic pairing is Cobalt and Uran. They are similar in personality and they work together great as a team! Just add Astro to the mix, and you've got the unstoppable sibling trio! :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Re: Favourite Pairings?

Postby jeffbert » 6 years ago

Yes, Space Flower, Atlas & Livian's is an interesting relationship. Actually, Atlas & Livian are in an Oedipus relationship. :devil:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 6 years ago

Definitely Atlas and Livian. They were both basically slaves together, and Walpur destroys Livian after she accidentally breaks a statute. So Atlas fights back and pushes Wapur's car off the road, then rebuilds himself and Livian.

Then later on in The Anti-Proton Gun, Walpur comes back and kidnaps Livian. Makes her dress up as a maid and be his servant. Atlas comes back from Amalthea in hyperspace to get her and I think it's the only time we ever see him make the crystal castle exceed light speed. He picks her up with a tractor beam then annihilates Walpur and his castle. Like, he could have shot Walpur in the head with a laser or something, but he's so furious that he obliterates the entire area with a weapon that only gets used once. That scene actually makes me cry. Not because the villain gets destroyed, but the overkill is propotionate to Atlas's love for Livian.

There's a bunch of other stuff too, like when Livian stands between Atlas and Astro in The Runaway Subway Train, and the scene in Atlas Forever where Livian stays with Atlas right until the end. Atlas never puts the omega factor into Livian, so he kind of knows it makes robots capable of cruelty and he doesn't want to change her.

For platonic pairings, I like Chief McClaw and Inspector Gumshoe. They're such opposites and McClaw is always having to calm Gumshoe down.

Also for some reason, as a kid, I assumed Mindy and Kenneth were a couple.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 6 years ago

I admit I do NOT ship much in Astro Boy romantically but I do ship a lot of platonic pairings... because platonic love is still love and is not "lesser" than romantic love.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”