Original Japanese dialoque Script unearthed (Shin tetsuwan Atom 1980)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Original Japanese dialoque Script unearthed (Shin tetsuwan Atom 1980)

Postby Genshi-san » 6 years ago

Hello guys, been a while since i last posted here (been busy on F-man's discord) but id like to show what i recently purchased from japan.
I was browsing yahoo auction for 80's atom Cel artwork and i managed to stumble across an early drat on the second episode in script form, And it was only 40 aud, so i snatched it as fast as i could, i was blown away to think this may have been thorugh noboru ishiguro's and Tezuka's hands at some point during possibly the very late 70's and early 80/81, i pulled out my phone and translated the title to "2 PERSON SUPER HERO".
I was confused, since the title to me made no sense, the second episode was Atom Vs Atlas, but i realised i wasent seeing the fulll title, Checking the symbol nest to the title, it translated to "Working", thats when it came to me that its an early draft, with "2 person super hero" being a working title.

The script itself is in an "okay" condition, mildew growing on it, corners are starting to go brown,, with some pages sticking together, im worried that during the scanning process i may damage it. Here is a scan of the cover for proof of the item.

Id hopefullly like to get this scanned and translated into english, wondering how different the script is to the final broadcasted Episode.
Hope you guys and girls enjoy! :w00t:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Re: Original Japanese dialoque Script unearthed (Shin tetsuwan Atom 1980)

Postby DrFrag » 6 years ago

That's awesome! I wonder how late into things they settled on the episode name? The episode names on the bluray PDFs seem to be working titles too. Originally I mistranslated it because I thought the machine translate was skewing things. The title says 第2話二人の超人 if anyone needs the OCR text version.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 6 years ago

"第2話二人の超人"
the 1st 3 characters from left to right say episode or story 2. The third one can mean 'talk', & I have seen it or rather both it and the other 2 used in the context of a numbering of a story.

next "二人" two people

of

"超人" Superman https://jisho.org/search/超人 includes a reference to Nietzsche's philosophy.

using both google & bing on just the title portion:
Futari no chōjin / Two superman (google)
Two Superman (bing)

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 5 years ago

Great find!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 5 years ago

Jay! :w00t: Good to see you back. :)

Firelord Zuko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Firelord Zuko » 5 years ago

Woah, nice. If only there was a source for the full OST now.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”