New Astro Boy manga to run in Tezuka Mix magazine

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

New Astro Boy manga to run in Tezuka Mix magazine

Postby Shiyonasan » 6 years ago

Source: patchcafe.net, The Asahi Shimbun

Hiroyuki Takei will author the new manga. Takei is best known for being the author of Shaman King.

PatchCafe wrote:Hiroyuki Takei’s “Astro Boy” manga to be on the first cover of Tezuka Mix magazine

Since it’s first announcement in February, some additional details about the limited run Tezuka Mix magazine has been announced. In the initial announcement, a new work by Hiroyuki Takei featuring Astro Boy was presented. . This magazine will run monthly for 18 issues and feature a character or series from Osamu Tezuka’s works. The first issue is scheduled for release on April [30th], 2018, and the second issue is scheduled for May 30th, 2018. Each issue will come in a standard edition and a limited edition. The limited edition will also contain a special coin and an alternate cover for the issue.

Hiroyuki Takei’s still un-named “Astro Boy” manga will be featured on the cover of the first issue. This is a colored version of promotional art as featured in the initial announcement. Hiroyuki Takei is also currently listed as an author being published in the second issue. The first issue is 424 pages, in a B4 size with a soft cover binding.

You can pre-order a standard edition and limited edition of the magazine on Amazon Japan:

Volume 1 Standard Edition

Volume 1 Limited Edition

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Re: New Astro Boy manga to run in Tezuka Mix magazine

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 6 years ago

Can I order this from the link? Do I have to sign up for a special account with Amazon Japan, or can I order with a US account?
Looks like about $10/$16 plus shipping (and maybe a customs fee?)

Loved the images buried in the Asahi Shimbun link.

I extracted the addresses from the link source, the site would not let you right click to get the image address.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 6 years ago

Tetsuwan Penguin wrote:Can I order this from the link? Do I have to sign up for a special account with Amazon Japan, or can I order with a US account?
Looks like about $10/$16 plus shipping (and maybe a customs fee?)

You will have to create a new account on Amazon Japan, but they do ship internationally. There is international shipping fees, but otherwise the price should be what you mentioned. I don't think there's a customs fee.

This link should help you:

https://www.parkablogs.com/content/amaz ... w-japanese

EDIT: If you're curious, those two images you extracted are artwork from Mauricio de Sousa, a Brazilian cartoon artist who was real life friends with Tezuka. He did that one comic a few years ago where he incorporated Tezuka's characters into his own comic for a couple chapters.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 5 years ago

Don't know how I missed this thread! CD Japan sends emails, & I suspect some of those were for this magazine. But with the move, & the smaller house, I was not in a mood to buy anything.

I cannot find anything like this on Amazon.co.jp!?

I even used "テジカミックス" & tried both links, but, no results.

Also, the English interface is not where it was. It is now diagonally to the right beneath the magnifying glass. I have not ordered anything from Amazon.co.jp for a few years, not since buying some manga reprints.

MIGHTY ATOM XMAS EDITION.jpg
MIGHTY ATOM XMAS EDITION.jpg (97.56 KiB) Viewed 1904 times

Here is a link to CD Japan's page for TEZUCOMI TEZUKA Commics & Communications Vol.1 [Limited Edition, w/ Limited Medal] Obviously, not the same thing, though.
TEZUCOMI VOL 1 LIMITED ED.jpg
TEZUCOMI VOL 1 LIMITED ED.jpg (119.2 KiB) Viewed 1909 times

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”