YouTube

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

YouTube

Postby Photar » 5 years ago

Am starting a YouTube channel where I review each and every episode of the 1980s series. Stay tuned and if anybody wants to contribute you’re more than welcome.

Let’s draw attention back to the show that made us wake up early before school (in my case 32 years ago).

Cases in point - Astro’s escape (thanks to Kathy), Atlas Forever and of course the Graatest Robot in the World. Greg Zerkle responded to me on Facebook and if I can do a tribute series like this I think it’ll get our favourite show back in the spotlight.

Talk soon
[sigpic][/sigpic]

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Re: YouTube

Postby jeffbert » 5 years ago

:lol: Looking forward to it, Photar!

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Postby Genshi-san » 5 years ago

Photar wrote:Am starting a YouTube channel where I review each and every episode of the 1980s series. Stay tuned and if anybody wants to contribute you’re more than welcome.

Let’s draw attention back to the show that made us wake up early before school (in my case 32 years ago).

Cases in point - Astro’s escape (thanks to Kathy), Atlas Forever and of course the Graatest Robot in the World. Greg Zerkle responded to me on Facebook and if I can do a tribute series like this I think it’ll get our favourite show back in the spotlight.

Talk soon

Id love to contribute! i am alot younger than you (only 19) but ive watched the 80's series for as long as i can remember, i simpily grew up with it, knowing dialoque off by heart, its what got me into animation, if you need music or any visuals i can supply some of my work. Ive allso got Nearly every release of the 80's series from various counties, so if their is anything you require, give me a shout!, i also have my own channel if you are intereted in seeing some of my work https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_UsYLlaHRiA5_FhCcRpNg/videos?

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 5 years ago

That sounds great, Photar! Between health and family issues I haven't been around as much I have in the past, but do miss interacting with the Astro Boy community - hoping that SOMEDAY there will be new - and high quality - content to enjoy (couldn't really embrace "Little Astro Boy" and that reboot that never came to pass were too far off the original, IMHO.

Was hoping for the animated version (and movie version) of Pluto. In the meantime, it will be a pleasure to watch your reviews (much as I've enjoyed Jeffbert's over the years)
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Postby Genshi-san » 5 years ago

AprilSeven wrote:That sounds great, Photar! Between health and family issues I haven't been around as much I have in the past, but do miss interacting with the Astro Boy community - hoping that SOMEDAY there will be new - and high quality - content to enjoy (couldn't really embrace "Little Astro Boy" and that reboot that never came to pass were too far off the original, IMHO.

Was hoping for the animated version (and movie version) of Pluto. In the meantime, it will be a pleasure to watch your reviews (much as I've enjoyed Jeffbert's over the years)

i think youve got it wrong, its 6 somthing Pluto films, all animated iirc, all serialised

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 5 years ago

Hey gang. Just finished my first review I did it on Greatest robot in the world (of course). The approach is similar to the dry wit my English counterpart from I-hate-everything does his (except in reverse). My students at college are helping and my boss has allowed me to include it as part of our Film and media curriculum. I will post an update in the main channel. Thank you so much for the replies guys I really appreciate it
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 5 years ago

I look forward to seeing this :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”