Astro Boy Episode 24- The Greatest Robot In The World,

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
carlymichelle
Kokoro Robot

Astro Boy Episode 24- The Greatest Robot In The World,

Postby carlymichelle » 4 years ago

i love this episode it makes me cry im 40 years old and i have loved astroboy all my life does anyone else like this episode ??

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Re: Astro Boy Episode 24- The Greatest Robot In The World,

Postby DrFrag » 4 years ago

Absolutely, I think it's one of the most standout episodes in all of 80s dubbed anime. I can remember a bunch of cool episodes from other shows of that era - The Kingdom of Hades from Ulysses 31, The Reflex Gun from Star Blazers, the killer plants episode from Battle of the Planets, the Mysterious Cities of Gold finale, The Golden Lagoon from Transformers. The Greatest Robot in The World is one of those super memorable episodes, and I kind of liked that they made it the finale in the English broadcast. I feel like most of the characters could have had their own show.

Have you heard of Naoki Urasawa's Pluto? It's a retelling of The Greatest Robot in The World from the perspective of the detective Zeron, investigating the destruction of the other robots. I think it's due out next year as a series of anime movies.

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Postby Genshi-san » 4 years ago

its a great arc, pluto/bruton deals with his inner conflicts, dessimate and hunt down atom, or help him and uran, its one of the standouts of the series, id say one of my favs next ot the pilot and the runaway subway train

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 4 years ago

In the 1st of 6 Tezuka character guides, Tetsewan Atomu is 1st in the book, and immediately following Mom, dad, Uran, Tawashi, Tamao, etc., comes a rather detailed coverage of Greatest Robot. 9 pages in all. I have done most of the text from those pages, primarily single paragraphs on each character. There are several paragraphs on the story, most of the content is graphical.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”