MIGHTY ATOM PROLOGUE (booK)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

MIGHTY ATOM PROLOGUE (booK)

Postby jeffbert » 3 years ago

So, along with the JM book I bought the other day, I also got this. It is mostly manga, but also has about 10 pages of text, I translated the firt section, which described the ATOM'S BIRTH comic, which preceded it. This version was drawn for SUN COMICS, & among other things, it notes the different design of Tobio's car. The new one being more modern and resembling an adult-sized car.

Most of the stories are covered in just two or three select pages. For instance, GASEOUS MEN starts on page 34, while RED CAT starts on page 36. ATOM'S BIRTH runs 24 pages. At the end, both of Atom's BJ roles are covered in their entirety.

Removing the cover thingy, in English, is written, THE SECRET HISTORY OF ASTRO BOY & in very light color, OSAMU TEZUKA; barely even visible.

Tezuka himself appears in many of these pages, apparently explaining things.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Re: MIGHTY ATOM PROLOGUE (booK)

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 3 years ago

What's a JM book and what's a "Mighty Atom prologue book? Is this a new release?--Astrobuddy

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Re: MIGHTY ATOM PROLOGUE (booK)

Postby jeffbert » 3 years ago

jm = JETTER MARS

tHIS BOOK APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN WRITTEN, OR, RATHER DRAWN BY TEZUKA DURING THE 1970S, when he was re-releasing his manga in SUN COMICS.

Last night, I 'translated' 2 pages of manga, in which Tezuka is in nhis office, along with Atom, Uran, & Cobalt. Cobalt pulls CAPTAIN KEN off the shelf, and Tezuka begins talking about it. Eventually, Fuhrer ZZZ comes up, & Tezuka says that he initially wanted to make President Lyon & ZZZ one and the same, but made them brothers instead.

Anyway, I have no SUN COMICS in my collection, & have no plans to acquire any

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”