Will We ever see another Astroboy Movie?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Mizrael
Metro City Citizen

Will We ever see another Astroboy Movie?

Postby Mizrael » 1 year ago

Sure would be nice to see some new adventures! :w00t: :tenma: :astro:
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are! - Buckaroo Bonzai
:ninja: :p :ninja:

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Re: Will We ever see another Astroboy Movie?

Postby Bluebell1995 » 1 year ago

Mizrael wrote:Sure would be nice to see some new adventures! :w00t: :tenma: :astro:

If you mean a sequel to the 2009 film, I highly doubt it.

However, if you mean a brand-new adaptation... well, I'm personally interested in making my own version of Astro Boy someday; but I'm not making any promises here. It's a dream of mine, but I have no idea if it'll come true or not.

Mizrael
Metro City Citizen

Bluebell1995 wrote:
Mizrael wrote:Sure would be nice to see some new adventures! :w00t: :tenma: :astro:

However, if you mean a brand-new adaptation... well, I'm personally interested in making my own version of Astro Boy someday; but I'm not making any promises here. It's a dream of mine, but I have no idea if it'll come true or not.

I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at any fan productions. :wub: And as for the 2009, doesn't have to be a sequel, a remake would be fun too! :w00t:

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Mizrael wrote:
Bluebell1995 wrote:

I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at any fan productions. :wub: And as for the 2009, doesn't have to be a sequel, a remake would be fun too! :w00t:

I wouldn't remake the 2009 film. Atom's personality is quite lovely in that version, and it was the 2009 film that introduced me to Astro Boy in the first place; however, the storyline is not my favourite. I'm also not a huge fan of the Original Characters such as Cora and President Stone: they're not the most poorly-written characters in existence, but they never caught my interest. (No offence to those who liked the film, of course.)

Mizrael
Metro City Citizen

Bluebell1995 wrote:
Mizrael wrote:
Bluebell1995 wrote:

I wouldn't remake the 2009 film. Atom's personality is quite lovely in that version, and it was the 2009 film that introduced me to Astro Boy in the first place; however, the storyline is not my favourite. I'm also not a huge fan of the Original Characters such as Cora and President Stone: they're not the most poorly-written characters in existence, but they never caught my interest. (No offence to those who liked the film, of course.)

While I enjoyed the film, it wasn't my introduction to Astro. I grew up watching the cartoons in the 60's. I'm sure a lot of those characters would be unacceptable to today's society. :whistling:

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Mizrael wrote:
Bluebell1995 wrote:
Mizrael wrote:

While I enjoyed the film, it wasn't my introduction to Astro. I grew up watching the cartoons in the 60's. I'm sure a lot of those characters would be unacceptable to today's society. :whistling:

Sixties kid, eh? I was a 1990s baby myself - lots of changes in the world between then, and even more so now. If you were born in the 1960s, then you must have seen a TON of changes throughout the decades.

Tobietta
Kokoro Robot

Postby Tobietta » 1 year ago

I'd love to see Astro Boy back on the big screen, but it should be true to the original. The 2009 film did not particularly impress me. If they re-proposed Astro drawn in 2D as in the "old days" it would be the best!

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Tobietta wrote:I'd love to see Astro Boy back on the big screen, but it should be true to the original. The 2009 film did not particularly impress me. If they re-proposed Astro drawn in 2D as in the "old days" it would be the best!

Well, as mentioned before, I'm interested in making my own Astro Boy adaptation. And good news - the project has begun.

(Post edited by Bluebell1995 because of privacy concerns.)

To Tobietta: I sent you a Private Message. In that message, you'll find information about my project.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”